1. July 5, 2017  

How much Crit for BiS Fury Warrior?

I need some 2nd opinion on how much crit should i go for... (before i waste coins)?

Soft crit cap, even if suposed Crit Supression from Bosses is working, should be 59%:
    100 + 5 (crit sup) - 24 (glancing) - 19% (miss) - 3 (crit debuff from Ret)

When it comes to crits from special abilities, i found it that they are RNG in most cases. I will almost always crit 60%+ (BT, WW, Slam, HS, Cleave), sometimes il do more, sometimes Warrior with less crit % will do more...

As for other stats, i found that Haste is not so usefull (aka its better to push for more AP - Strength).

I wanted to go for some extra Strength and lower my crit to 58-60% raid buffed. Bracers of Heir and Might of Blight instead of Toskz and Frostbrood.

Any theorycraft experts on this topic out there?
    Edited: July 5, 2017

2. July 5, 2017  
    19% miss and glancing only applies to offhand white hits. You shouldn't count this malus. Heroic strikes and cleave makes your mainhand hits yellow. Stronk.

Haste isn't that bad once you have 1400arp and crit on every piece.

As for BiS wasn't the list set in stone years ago on EJ ?

3. July 5, 2017  
    Soft crit cap = cap for white swings.
    If thats not the correct name for it, my apologies.

Only Haste i found usefull was from gloves, aka Aldrianas (and maybe cloak enchant).
    And thats mainly cos there are no better stat balanced gloves in the game...

EJ bis list had Umbrage in it from what i remember. I tryed out that build and went for 5% Haste (gloves + wrist + cloak enchant), result wasnt something great. Overall count of HS and Melee hits wer almost same compared to another warrior who had Toskz, but he had more overall avrg DMG on abilities duo to more Strength.
    (2.25% vs 5.18% Haste, so basicly u gain 2.93% Haste and lose 58 Strength and 6 ap)
    That is why i said that i found Haste to be useless and that is better to go for more AP (Strength) instead. On top of that, only Melee (HS + Cleave included) benefit from Haste, while AP buffs everything, including Melee...

I checked out some old good guides out there on google and they all say 55% crit is enought and that Haste is not so great...

4. July 5, 2017  
    19% miss and glancing only applies to offhand white hits.
    Both apply to both main and off-hand hits, unless I'm unaware of wars being some particular exception from the general rule.

5. July 5, 2017  
    Main hand melee swings are transformed from white swings to yellow attack with hs and cleave. So you don't have dual wield malus and glances.
    Only offhand remains which deals 62,5% of wdps. So having more than 8% is practically useless. Even less overall because of glances.

6. July 5, 2017  
    I had completely forgotten about those (the DW class that I play is dk, not warrior). If that is true then disregard my previous comment regarding the thread.

7. July 5, 2017  
    I still advice to get the proper EJ bis list and stick with it.
    I don't know how someone can make a difference between 2.93% haste and 58 str + 6 ap without knowing deeply how those are "used" by the character.
    Haste ins't that bad, worse than other stats but by not having much of it, it makes itself better. That might explain why the setup has haste.

But seriously except maybe for the
    284 expertise ring that wastes expertise, most of the time all stats are good on a fury so using the highest ilvl one makes you use the most stats. Just don't overcap exp/hit/arpen.

8. July 5, 2017  
    Landsoul's Spreadsheet

^This is as good as it gets from a theorycrafting point of view. Most people don't like the outcome of this, tho. (like Umbrage being your BiS wrists, etc.)

9. July 5, 2017  
    Why not ? Leather is less painful to wear on the wrists than plate. Much less weight on the articulations.

10. July 5, 2017  
    As for other stats, i found that Haste is not so usefull (aka its better to push for more AP - Strength).
    In BiS gear haste outperforms crit and is after strength/AP the most beneficial stat.
    There is a reason why Umbrage Armbands and Aldriana's Gloves of Secrecy are BiS.

11. July 5, 2017  
    I have no problem with wearing lether, all i wanted to know is how much crit is "enough" and how much is "too much", from theory point of view.

From what i know, if u decide to go for Umbrage instead of Toskz or Heir, u have to gem more Armor Penetration to reach the cap, so basicly u gain Haste, and lose Strength.
    Strength gets buffed a lot by Talents and Buffs, while Haste doesnt.
    Strength buffs every attack we do, Haste buffs only Melee Swings (HS + Cleave included) which is 35-40% of our total DMG done.

If i knew everything when it comes to stats, what is best, what works better when, i wouldnt be here asking.
    U could maybe be a bit more precise @muscadet?

As for the list itself, "Landsoul's Spreadsheet", how and where to find the Fury itemisation?
    All i can see is Arms with all the gemming and enchanting, and than all the items, going to another tab.
    If there is a EJ list that can show me exact bis items gems and enchants, i would love to see it and also ask u to share the link.

Thank you all for responding tho...

Edit1:
    Nvm, im blind...
    Found the list in the sheet. Will look into it, thx...

Edit2:
    The list is exactly the same as the items and gems i used so far...
    Exept the cloak enchant... (changed that one now)
    I guess u want to get as much crit as posible from gear, gems and enchants, meh...
    All i wanted is a bit more attack power.
    Thx again Bensten.

Edit3:
    Altho, with 3x 34armor pen gems, and a bit more 20strength gems (instead of 34 str and 20 arp gems), u could reach a perfect cap of 1400 armor penetration (the one in sheet has 1402 armor penetration).

12. July 5, 2017  
    Edit3: Altho, with 3x 34armor pen gems, and a bit more 20strength gems (instead of 34 str and 20 arp gems), u could reach a perfect cap of 1400 armor penetration (the one in sheet has 1402 armor penetration).
    The preset in the sheet is not perfect. Changing Toskks to Umbrage nets you a rather huge amount of DPS as regemming also will grant you some more DPS. You'd have to play around with this to get the maximum DPS out of it.

13. July 5, 2017  
    So, u are saying that list with Umbrage should be better?
    What about meta?

14. July 5, 2017  
    What about meta?
    In your case the swaps boil down to (gem bonuses accounted for):
    Spoiler: Show

21 agi (meta) + 40 strength (2x 20 str gems) vs 31 crit rate (10 from gem + 21 from meta) + 10 arpen + 16 strength (10 from gem + 6 from socket bonus) / - (16 strength)

21 agi + 24 strength vs 31 crit rate + 10 arpen / convert agi into crit % using formula (x/62.5) + convert crit rating into crit chance using formula (x/45.91)

0.336% crit + 24 strength vs ~0.68% crit + 10 arpen / - (crit%)

24 strength vs ~0.34% crit + 10 arpen; 0.34% = ~15.6 crit rate

finally: 24 strength vs ~16 crit rating + 10 arpen.

Can't give you a definitive answer to which is better as my knowledge of warrior EP values is basically non-existent.

P.S. The custom hybrid gems come from Gnimo's warrior armory, I did the comparison using those, but one can easily calculate what the A vs B scenario would be for other types of gems.

15. July 5, 2017  
    Did some changes, **** it, gona stick with this... In the end, its all going to go to RNG.
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary
    Thanks for the answers, suggestions and everything. :D

12 Last