1. July 5, 2017  

most toxic community i have ever witnessed?

Hi guys, not sure where to post this since it's mostly ranting and i'll probably get a barrage of 'crybaby then leave server' or 'inb4 triggered' here.
    I've been playing on Icecrown for about four years, and past year i took a break to focus on retail. Now i didn't log in since about december 2015 until the day before yesterday.

What i witnessed can only be metaphorically explained as Japanese people who went on a holiday in the summer of 1945 and got back to Hiroshima.
    Now i agree people haven't always been friendly but the most part did their best, guilds and raids were incredibly fun.
    As of lately, the entire community has been so incredibly toxic. People see trolling as some kind of meme and it's widely accepted, people are multiboxing like hell and stealing all your mobs just to be able to trade four characters for a few coins, ganking is imminent in almost every zone and at every level, and when you try talking to people in a friendly way you mostly get the door smacked in your face.

Please people, let's try to keep Warmane a friendly and fun to play server. Remember that even when you're in a virtual world, the people behind the characters are actual people with actual feelings.
    Thank you for reading this rant, i apologize for being so gay.
    Have a nice day!

2. July 5, 2017  
    Not to mention a lot of players having their head in clouds that they are "gods" in this game. Rather funny, but yeah have to agree with you that have to focus more on being friendly community, after all we are all at same boat so to speak, but also have to remember that people are different so they do and say different things. My advice is to simply let them be and don't honor them with answer.

Have a nice day too.

3. July 5, 2017  
    This is very true. However it's not something that solely happens here on Warmane. It ranges from all MMO's to even social media. The problem isn't really the community, but rather modern society, sadly. Dealing with random people will more than likely result in you raging at your computer screen. The solution is to spend your gaming time with a group of friends, I suppose..

Try not to take too much of it personally. I mostly ignore the trolls.
    G'day to you too, sir :)

4. July 5, 2017  
    There I agree, happens in all games. I think finding group of people to play or nice guild should be fine and as said above, ignore the rest. Game is supposed to be fun not full of anger and frustration or taken way too serious as some do.

5. July 5, 2017  
    there's 0 reason to be nice to a bunch of randies you'll likely never run into again. easiest way to avoid it is to stick to a group of friends/guild.

6. July 5, 2017  
    Problem is that I cant even find guild that u guys are talkin about. 90% of them plays only icc/rs like there is no any other raid in this exspansion. Just sitting around guildless doin rdf and helpin lowbies.

7. July 5, 2017  
    Problem is that I cant even find guild that u guys are talkin about. 90% of them plays only icc/rs like there is no any other raid in this exspansion. Just sitting around guildless doin rdf and helpin lowbies.
    Just have to look in global, I know that low tier guilds usually spam req, might not be super fast thing true but when you find guild you like it will be better.

8. July 5, 2017  
    I personally like to be toxic and hurt other people's feelings because I like to get in their head and stab them at their back. It is one of the best feeling and excitement I get to enjoy to watch other people breakdown. I've been there, I've done it to many people, and I'm still doing.

I think it is just a game and people should not take it personally, but I try my best to make it personal for them.

9. July 5, 2017  
    Just have to look in global, I know that low tier guilds usually spam req, might not be super fast thing true but when you find guild you like it will be better.
    Gear is not problem since i have 3 bis chars, just I cant find guild that is not toxic.

10. July 5, 2017  
    If you think Warmane is toxic at all, I highly suggest you log 'blackrock' on the glorious 'retail' and then you truly know what toxic is, ANY US server players can attest to this.

11. July 5, 2017  
    The problem OP described is called the ''millennial generation''. If I find out you are <18 years old you are on my ignore list, ggwp.
    The easiest solution to your problem is to find a guild with like-minded and like-aged people.

12. July 5, 2017  
    The problem OP described is called the ''millennial generation''. If I find out you are <18 years old you are on my ignore list, ggwp.
    The easiest solution to your problem is to find a guild with like-minded and like-aged people.
    I disagree with the age part. To feel superior to someone because you are older is just not right for me. Ofc there are some annoying kiddies but same goes for 18+.

Recently I turned on the abusive language filter because of some really toxic battleground chats.

13. July 5, 2017  
    ganking is imminent in almost every zone and at every level
    Have a nice day!
    Level 80 Horde Warlock that simply sits where the dragon is on Amber Ledge so you can't see him. One shotting level 70's. Geez I'm not even in a guild and someone was nice enough to come and dispatch him after getting the 2 minute res timer 4 times. Use /1 at your own digression. One think I will never do is complain about gankings on PVP servers. I played on a PVE server for years to avoid this. But I actually like playing on a PVP server more. And I fully expect to be ganked on regular basis every time I pull more than one mob or when the opposition has the odds (usually 3 against 1). I've even had them chase me across 2 or 3 zones on their flyers. Still doesn't bother me.

As far as you're other concerns, I agree I've had a really tough time finding a guild that is mature and doesn't have Kaka dooty face in the chat and hundreds of racial and anti gay slurs, but this doesn't mean that good ones don't exist. I just don't have time to look for them while I'm leveling.

IF you want me to admit some wrong doing I will. If someone comes into my quest space and I have 2 mobs left to kill out of 15, I'm not going to join your group to help you kill 15. I'm going to kill the 2 and be on my way.

14. July 5, 2017  
    It does not matter where someone is from or how old they are, if you're toxic then you're toxic and if you're immature then you're immature. You've only managed to categorize everyone else based on your own assumptions. So take some time to realize which group you're in.

15. July 6, 2017  
    I disagree with the age part. To feel superior to someone because you are older is just not right for me. Ofc there are some annoying kiddies but same goes for 18+.

Recently I turned on the abusive language filter because of some really toxic battleground chats.
    i dont think its like feeling superior, its just like there are always exceptions where toxic people come out, doesint matter ur 18+ or not. its just kids these days by my experiance are toxic af, like whenever i meet one younger than 16 its like 90% chance he has anger issues.

123 Last