1. July 6, 2017  
    dont forget that a lot of people try to compensate their miserable rl with wow like other people do alcohol,drugs and stuff

2. July 6, 2017  
    Toxic Community, thats what you get playing on a overpopulated longterm server.

Blizzard has developed WoW to stay an expansion for max. 2 years and for server holding max 3k players.
    Icecrown is here for so long that active players either quit or get bored (ganking, trolling, icc25 hc for the 10000x time). There is nothing left, that is not done millions of times, the exitement and fun of the first days in wotlk is mostly gone. whats left is pure stubborn grinding on every game element.
    Daily RDF is like work for most, rushing through with 5,6k gear is the only acceptable thing, people with less gear only wasting your time.

The 12k Cap makes everything even worse. More people = more ganking, lvl 80 in every possible zone is the usual outcome.
    No first kills left, even LK 25hc is as usual as a daily quest. There is not much left for standing out of the crowed, so people brag aboout the dumpest things. People usually try to impress with something, but here is nothing left to do so. The usual noob crowed on retail was not able to enter hc raids, only the most skilled people got their LK 25hc kill in time, while the crowed only dreamed about it. But with years of time gearing up, every encounter get so easy that nearly everyone can do it. Thats the time of the noobs, who always wished for that one moment where they are the skilled ones and can call other people noobs. Lower GS? You noob, no LK hc kill? You noob. Got onehit in pvp, lol l2p noob.
    There is only a small amount of people on every server who get toxic, but 25% are still 4k players here. Enough to spam global and keep ganking everywhere.

WoW is one of those games where time is more important than skill. On retail first kills are not done with 25 hc gear (no time to gear up). But many people still to this day think that their GS or archievment is some sort of skill number.

3. July 6, 2017  
    It does not matter where someone is from or how old they are, if you're toxic then you're toxic and if you're immature then you're immature. You've only managed to categorize everyone else based on your own assumptions. So take some time to realize which group you're in.
    I've managed to exclude any kind of toxic people from my direct environment (guild, friend's list, etc.)
    Of course (and sadly so) you can't avoid general, trade or global chat interactions, but avoiding said age groups or people that are blatantly annoying in general, has helped me improve my quality of gaming. And it's funny how judgmental you comment at me while you can't deny there's a correlation between age and ******ed behavior. I'm pretty sure I'm in the group of people that are nice to play with. I simply have a low tolerance for trolling and annoying people.

4. July 6, 2017  
    and this way you become one of them..
    btw you do realise children aren't toxic just because they are right? they got their example from somewhere, from where?.. in fact, probably the ppl for the ignore list are from another age category... the fact this isnt obvious makes a good conclusion for your age & toxicity/knowledge, doesn't it? :)

5. July 6, 2017  
    Man i noticed this back while warmane was molten. People started being very rude while before everyone would help you now if your just passing by someone will spit you,say bad words,lots of ninjas,... I know warmane is fighting ninjas and its great thing but again there are lots of them.

6. July 6, 2017  
    Gear is not problem since i have 3 bis chars, just I cant find guild that is not toxic.
    Simply because there isn't any, I guess. At least for those active ones with good amount of online players (enough to mount up a raid, for example). They are as just toxic as the entire server, rudes/trolls in it.
    I'm guildless too and I'm definately staying guildless. I find them useless here. Since I'm aswell BiS (missing only 2 pieces), I just go fly solo around and do some world PvP or solo queue for bgs. I just ignore those chats, I can do whatever I want, I can go wherever I want and when I want. And guess what? It feels great under these toxic situations. I feel free, no one bothers me and I find myself in peace.

7. July 6, 2017  
    Why would someone who has nice and friendly guild invite some whiners to whom everything is bad and everyone is toxic?
    Try reflecting on what you said, your views and how you come across.
    Instead of generalizing and putting everyone in same basket try to understand other PERSON.

Irony is strong with these guys.

8. July 6, 2017  
    you are all still missing the main point here

9. July 6, 2017  
    If we talk about guilds here, just have to see the guild master and officers first, if they are rather toxic then you can expect same from guild. Most of the time it reflects that way, as we know people find similar people more or less. As for toxic players, trolls, ninjas and so on well you can't avoid it and no point to even bother trying to explain to them not to do it. Other than that there are some solid guilds I would say, maybe not as known ones tho. Just remember for what reason you play the game, if you want to have fun, then simply find people that have fun time playing the game and ignore rest of the things. If you want pvp then find pvp guild with less competitiveness and ignorance (This mostly causes pvp guilds to be the most toxic ones) for PvE well, think you can search them on the recruitment section. From that just let others be how they are and will be fine. Besides, if someone goes too far with things you can always take screenshots and report them for GM's to deal with those people. Simple as that I would say.

10. July 6, 2017  
    Consider language barriers guys? I don't think that the modern day generation is 'generally' toxic. I think they are to an extent(it has been normalized a lot), but all I'm seeing is people pointing fingers. There are so many factors to a toxic community, it's partly our generation, it's not mainly our generation. Trolls will always be a thing, I'm sure anyone who gets frustrated by them will cool down after taking a breath and relaxing.

11. July 6, 2017  
    It's the largest international WotLK server. Overpopulated, even. As a direct result of that you're automatically going to have a larger number of loud *******s. The sheer population also means there's good odds of never bumping into the same person again, which I guess you could posit reduces peoples' incentives to be more respectful toward each other. Back when WotLK was live I played on a fairly low pop server. You'd run into the same people over and over again and eventually everyone knew each other and so the community we had back then felt rather close-knit.

12. July 6, 2017  
    Also avoid dueling outside orgrimmar or stormwind on icecrown. Its always been a toxic clown fiesta full of elitists and wannabes. It was the same on retail as far as i can remember also but not nearly as toxic. I dueled a full donor protection warrior as my ret paladin, as soon as i lost he started to flame all caps "kill yourself and uninstall the game, your a ret paladin and you lost" some people just have issues.

13. July 6, 2017  
    I totally agree,i'm playing on Molten/Warmane for over a 5 years and community was never been toxic as it is now.I don't know what it is,are kids all of a sudden discovered this private server or i got too old and grumpy but i don't recall it was this toxic back when i started playing on it...

14. July 6, 2017  
    So I see that nothing has changed while I was gone... What a shame, I hoped it'll change for better. lol

15. July 7, 2017  
    Too many casual nab nibbers around, they should delete every toon made after 2015

First 123 Last