1. July 6, 2017  

Why are warriors doing so much damage(arena/pvp)

I do not recall warriors being even close to as powerful as they are now in S1, I've been annihalated by warriors in under 8 seconds flat, as a 10k+ hp warlock with SL, HS, and 330 resil.

Does it have something to do with how due to the weird combination of gear/patch level they are scaled to an insane level?

I remember warriors being crazy, but even the most stacked SH warrior wasn't putting out the damage that is being done on here.

Playing on AT in S4 gear warriors felt like they were doing 1/3rd of the damage that is being done on outland. Has anybody else noticed this?

edit: Mages also seem to be a culprit....but their damage is not nearly as abnormally high (relative to AT / my previous experiences) as warriors
    Edited: July 6, 2017

2. July 6, 2017  
    i agree. there are 11 warrs in top10 please nerf

3. July 6, 2017  
    i agree. there are 11 warrs in top10 please nerf
    just because they aren't dominant at the top of the ladders doesn't mean something isn't up. Mages also do fantastic damage (much higher than I ever remember on retail or AT), and the popularity of Mage/X teams definitely keeps the warrior teams down.

I've recorded crits of 5,882 into 334 resilience (non debuffed armor)

4. July 6, 2017  
    In some bgs their damage is indeed ridicolous, e.g. twice of anyone else.. I've also met some warriors who bursted my mage down in about 4-5 secs and critted me for 4,8k.. As a mage, sure I also did some 5k shaters on non geared targets, but once a warrior gets dispeled and im out of blink/novas I'm prety much dead in 3 globals. Its likely true that mages, druids and rogues are keeping them below the top of the ladder due to the CC, but the damage really is crazy.

5. July 6, 2017  
    As a warrior when I fight an SL warlock on BG, I just look at debuff bar and slowly die unable even to remove half of HP. Mages just laugh at my face and crits 3.5k in shatter. It's pretty hard to even to remove ice barrier or PW: Shield cuz rage is not increased on absorb, so I don't know why You whining at warriors.

6. July 6, 2017  
    A war full pvp with deepthuner and boj trinket,and offset pve can with 1-2 luck crit can shard everything.

I remember when i charge reckleness+trinket+buff-> whirlwhind into 4 enemy. ALL DEAD.

their dmg in bg are absurd i know. The only way to "stop" them is in arena as u said. Frostmage rogue totally destroy them.

7. July 6, 2017  
    Everyone's Damage is insane. this is patch 2.4.3 so it is tuned for s4. you won't really see a balance till s3.

8. July 6, 2017  

9. July 6, 2017  
    they simple charge/root your pet and kill it in 2 hits :D warriors simple **** on warlocks.

10. July 6, 2017  
    Oh I feel you. I've also been playing on AT/Smolderforge for years and I remember I could beat S4 Warriors without losing 20% hp on my SL Lock. In fact I remember I would put on S2 gear just for the lols and still completely eat up any S4 Warrior. But here none of that applies. On Outland a geared Warrior first 2 shots my pet and then turns around to 5 shot me.

But it's not just Warriors. Rogues are really strong too. I'm on 305 resi 10.5hp and I've been dropped 100 to 0 by Rogues in a single stunlock. It's quite frightening.
    On AT Rogues were a little joke unless they blew ALL their CDs accordingly.

It could be all down to the resi though. Locks really do need 450+ resi to shine. When you're at 450 resi, Warriors start having trouble generating rage on you cause of the lack of crits. And Rogues hit you with little dick hits.

11. July 6, 2017  
    Oh I feel you. I've also been playing on AT/Smolderforge for years and I remember I could beat S4 Warriors without losing 20% hp on my SL Lock. In fact I remember I would put on S2 gear and still completely eat up any S4 Warrior just for the lols. But here none of that applies. On Outland a geared Warrior first 2 shots my pet and then turns around to 5 shot me.

But it's not just Warriors. Rogues are really strong too. I'm on 305 resi 10.5hp and I've been dropped 100 to 0 by Rogues in a single stunlock. It's quite frightening.
    On AT Rogues were a little joke unless they blew ALL their CDs accordingly.

It could be all down to the resi though. Locks really do need 450+ resi to shine. When you're at 450 resi, Warriors start having trouble generating rage on you cause of the lack of crits. And Rogues hit you with little dick hits.
    330 resil to 450 resil isn't as big a jump as you think, if you are dying in a single stunlock now then it won't be much different with 120 more resil.

There is some funky behavior between the patch level and gear available, making the balance atrocious. Would there be anyway we could petition WM for some custom changes? Or is this server pretty much just ****ed until it gets to s3/4 gear, but by the arpen becomes available as well.

Personally I haven't experienced the pain from rogues on nearly the same level; warriors legitimately feel like trains running straight at you...let them touch you for an intercept stun and you're likely dead.

12. July 6, 2017  
    330 resil to 450 resil isn't as big a jump as you think, if you are dying in a single stunlock now then it won't be much different with 120 more resil.

There is some funky behavior between the patch level and gear available, making the balance atrocious. Would there be anyway we could petition WM for some custom changes? Or is this server pretty much just ****ed until it gets to s3/4 gear, but by the arpen becomes available as well.

Personally I haven't experienced the pain from rogues on nearly the same level; warriors legitimately feel like trains running straight at you...let them touch you for an intercept stun and you're likely dead.

I'm probably exaggerating a bit. That 100 to 0 drop was maybe when I had 200 resi few weeks ago. But I think every 100 resi I acquire makes a massive difference. Add another 150 and I think we'll be fine.

13. July 6, 2017  
    S2 gear and onwards had more resilience and more ARMOR if i remember correctly. This legit reduces the damage a bit as well. But as a warlock, yeah vs a good warrior I don't think much can be done. Some classes simply have anticlasses

14. July 6, 2017  
    S2 gear and onwards had more resilience and more ARMOR if i remember correctly. This legit reduces the damage a bit as well. But as a warlock, yeah vs a good warrior I don't think much can be done. Some classes simply have anticlasses

In terms of 1v1 we SL Locks counter the crap out of Warriors.

15. July 6, 2017  
    5k crits? I've done a 6k once with execute, the highest mortal strike I've done is 2.6k in full pve gear with deep thunder, with trinkets, racial and deathwish up on a green geared mage.

That being said, I've experienced damage that seems out of this world too. Rogues doing white swings noncrit for more than I do with deep thunder (on plate), while they wear greens/HWL weaps and mages doing 2.5k fireblasts and 3.7k frostbolts.

12 Last