1. nice read there , thanks for all the replies, i switched back to wotlk because of some posts.

2. bazz, the things you're saying are about arenas and warriors having heavy support behind their back. We all know about that, we've all heard of it, we've all done it, my man. I'm having tons of fun with my warrior when I have a healer and a caster premade with me in BGs. That doesn't change the fact that warriors are as lame as it can get on TBC. On vanilla they were at least able to 2-shot ppl with a sword spec proc or an MS crit. On TBC we can't do that.

Now add to this the fact that we're still in S1 and we just generally suck because of low gear and you can see my point.

To the guy saying "lol @ u wotlk mongoloids" - I've been playing this game since 2005, mostly as a warrior. I can't think of any other expansion that has been as bad for warriors as TBC. Are they completely useless pieces of trash? No. But they're not that good either. Just be objective for at least one minute and look at things from a perspective, okay? WotLK gave us Bladestorm and in-combat Charge. Cata gave us Throwdown and Colossus Smash, as well as Slam finally becoming an actual ability in our arsenal. What did TBC give us? Second Wind, Spell Reflection, and Intervene - wow. The first one is near-irrelevant, the second one can be easily removed, the third one doesn't help you kill a geared Rdruid, does it?

As a guy above said, warriors are actually good on TBC... if they are allowed to do anything. Which is almost never.
    Edited: July 13, 2017

3. To the guy saying "lol @ u wotlk mongoloids" - I've been playing this game since 2005, mostly as a warrior. I can't think of any other expansion that has been as bad for warriors as TBC.

this is just not true though, either you didn't play this game since 2005 like you're claiming or you didn't think hard enough. the worst time for warriors was during s5, where you actually had to play as a gimped fury to even achieve anything.

i just wanted to give the op a more realistic picture of what he can expect from playing a warrior in tbc, since what people are writing here is too one sided.

warriors in tbc are one of the best melees. they have godlike comps in 2s like warrior druid and godlike comps in 3s like wld, which is tons of fun and also not too hard to play.

but in the end it's what you make out of your class and yourself as a player. i said wotlk allowed more leeway for bad players to achieve relatively high ratings because that's how it was and it's largely due to mechanics like bladestorm and being able to overpower heals which requires little to no coordination. also a lot of things that seperated top players from mediocre players didn't play much of a role anymore. pummel was not on the gcd anymore, charge while in combat, berserker rage in every stance, stopattack macros didn't play a role anymore since wasting your autohits actually didn't matter at all anymore, losing your enrage which could be used for many more things than simply as a damage multiplier, shield reflect require much less thought and could be used at any point in time since rage is a non issue in wotlk.

i played from vanilla till late cataclysm with a big break during wotlk after getting to know dks in s5. so i cannot judge what came after this period but i still feel like tbc is on par with wotlk in terms of fun level.

till now i didn't have time to play on this realm. i only played during the beta, so maybe there are still some bugs around but i have to say i had a lot of fun in bgs and arena during beta.
    Edited: July 13, 2017

4. also a lot of things that seperated top players from mediocre players didn't play much of a role anymore. pummel was not on the gcd anymore
    in wotlk you actually have to make a decision if u wanna shield bash or pummel based on your rage/swing, pummel on gcd is pretty much RNG because enemy still plays the same ragardless of ur globals, also u sit berserker stance so no rage loss

charge while in combat,
    yeah only the best players used charge before they got combat, thats where you can spot gladiator right away /s

berserker rage in every stance
    yeah, sitting berserker stance all the time in case you got sapped required lot of skill /s

you also have deathwish to break fear

stopattack macros didn't play a role anymore since wasting your autohits actually didn't matter at all anymore,
    when did u actually use stopattack macro? stopping attack is bad in every case possible even vs iceblock

losing your enrage which could be used for many more things than simply as a damage multiplier
    ?? what are you talking about

shield reflect require much less thought and could be used at any point in time since rage is a non issue in wotlk.
    look at him actually using an abilities instead of just sitting in berserker stance and waiting for whirlwind cooldown, no skill /s

i played from vanilla till late cataclysm with a big break during wotlk after getting to know dks in s5. so i cannot judge what came after this period but i still feel like tbc is on par with wotlk in terms of fun level.
    going from tbc to wotlk is like going from playing as a NPC with 2 abilities to actually playing the game

i dont know why you think less abilities=more skill for some reason

more abilities=more options=more decisions=more room to outplay or make mistakes=bigger difference between bad and good players
    Edited: July 15, 2017

5. going from tbc to wotlk is like going from playing as a NPC with 2 abilities to actually playing the game

i dont know why you think less abilities=more skill for some reason

more abilities=more options=more decisions=more room to outplay or make mistakes=bigger difference between bad and good players
    I'll have to agree with this one. I'm still standing by my point that TBC was the lamest possible expansion for warriors.

6. Yes warrior in tbc pvp is a God in damage burst
    Yes warrior is a pvp star, i you got pocket healer or team that can keep enemy in your melee range.

And
    Yes Warrior is very vurnerable to cc, u will almost always lose to frost mage everytime, wotlk warrior is more enjoyable in pvp than tbc.
    You will almost lose to any other class in duel, but you have better chance to win against lock or rogue without crippling poison than against other classes. but still, the least recomended pvp class imo

7. I don't understand all the crying.
    Warrior are beasts in TBC.
    Maybe not in S1 gear because they are very gear dependent but in s4 gear they hit like trucks.

They have less mobility like in Wotlk but same applies to the other classes.
    Locks don't have portals. Hunters don't have disengage. Ele shamis don't have thunderstorm and earthbind totem root.
    Enh shamis can't remove slows with earthbind.
    When a warrior charges one of these classes he sticks on their as's 24/7.
    Enh/Ele shami have all reasons to QQ about their bad mobility, not warriors.

I would even go further and claim that after resto dudu, warrior is the strongest class for arena in TBC.
    Warrior+Rdudu: strongest 2s setup in s4 gear.
    Double healer+Warrior: strongest 3s setup in s4 gear.

What else do u want? A legendary 2H weapon?
    Edited: July 25, 2017

8. I don't understand all the crying.
    Warrior are beasts in TBC.
    Maybe not in S1 gear because they are very gear dependent but in s4 gear they hit like trucks.

They have less mobility like in Wotlk but same applies to the other classes.
    Locks don't have portals. Hunters don't have disengage. Ele shamis don't have thunderstorm and earthbind totem root.
    Enh shamis can't remove slows with earthbind.
    When a warrior charges one of these classes he sticks on their as's 24/7.
    Enh/Ele shami have all reasons to QQ about their bad mobility, not warriors.

I would even go further and claim that after resto dudu, warrior is the strongest class for arena in TBC.
    Warrior+Rdudu: strongest 2s setup in s4 gear.
    Double healer+Warrior: strongest 3s setup in s4 gear.

What else do u want? A legendary 2H weapon?

he asked about difference between tbc and wotlk gameplay, not about what is going to be the best comp 16+ months from now

in terms of gameplay you literally use 2-4 buttons on cooldown 90% of the time. you can watch players who have been playing tbc warrior for 10+ years to see im right

if I get caught while farming in wotlk I can win 80% of the time if I am the better player. If they open me I still have a chance to beat them unless its max ranging hunter. I can still do something to beat my opponent and after I lose there is still something i couldve done differently

if I get opened while farming in tbc im dead 90% of the time. I can pretty much just alt-tab and browse youtube while they kill me. Dead to basically every ranged class and most of the melee classes. The only way I can beat them is when they let me get close and intercept them and get some crits with sweeping strikes or mace procs.

you are just a dmg bot with no decision making, trying to get to ur opponent and hope for crits/mace procs. most of the time you win by cheesing them with sweeping strikes or mace stun or sometimes they forget u are there.

and about other classes weaknesses. you know they are weak when they die to warrior with 2 damaging abilities on 6 and 10s cooldown

9. he asked about difference between tbc and wotlk gameplay, not about what is going to be the best comp 16+ months from now
    No, the OP didn't ask only about the difference in gameplay. He asked about the general differences in WOTLK and TBC as a warrior.
    That also includes the viability of the class. Many ppl in this thread give the OP a wrong image of warrior in Tbc and make the class look weaker than it actually is.
    They complain that warriors are so limited but completely forget that every class is more simplified in TBC.

Also, even though it gonna take some time until we get to s4, its not irrelevant what gonna happen there. Our TBC realms gonna stay on s4 forever while the earlier seasons will only last for a few months and will never return
    At the moment we are playing in s1 gear on the latest TBC patch. Thats like playing 3.3.5 in deadly gladiator gear. PvP is completly unbalanced and will remain unbalanced until we come closer to the end game gear.
    Edited: July 29, 2017

10. We're going to stay on T5 for a while, if you ask me. Guilds are currently experiencing issues progressing through T5 content - because it's pre-nerf, and because they're all on vacations/holidays. In my opinion, T6 is not coming until late Autumn and SWP will come next year. Not because Warmane can't do it but because of player progress.

11. news flash, if you think this way then........your bad! pls no more of this emo-ness. from the sound of your complaints i dont think you match a warrior. maybe try a warlock or rogue.

12. We're going to stay on T5 for a while, if you ask me. Guilds are currently experiencing issues progressing through T5 content - because it's pre-nerf, and because they're all on vacations/holidays. In my opinion, T6 is not coming until late Autumn and SWP will come next year. Not because Warmane can't do it but because of player progress.
    Most of the content isn't prenerf, it's more like custom tuning making the difficulty seem very different to retail, like Hydross pre-nerf having 3.6mil health and Hydross Warmane having 6.2mil health. Lurker ranged adds instead of hitting clothies for 2-3k as per retail they just 1shot anything they shoot that isn't a tank. The melee adds are capable of bursting a Warrior tank for 15k damage in one instant (Hit + Cleave attack), which is closer to the damage they would have done to a clothie on retail, they are tank killers on Warmane.

The difference between retail is we have 2.4.3 talents/gear and were able to sit around farming T4 for ages before T5 opened, so we're overgeared compared to retail days. As a 2 day raiding guild at 5/6 SSC for the last 2 weeks our biggest challenge has been getting a raid team TK attuned, while also replacing all the players who stopped showing up to play the game, typical non-hardcore guild struggles. I can bet you that that the attunement for TK is the biggest thing holding guilds back.

I saw a vid of Vashj being taken down, and they were so far ahead of the DPS requirements that they could already be clearing half of T6 on their current numbers with no issue at all, I suspect that not much actual progress time was spent on her because they overwhelmed the number check.

13. in TBC,the only reason warriors might dominate in bgs is because they are a killing machine when they have some pocket healer backing them up with heals/dispells+they generate a lot of rage due to multiple enemies,which make for some insane bursts.Otherwise,they are basically immobile and really hard to be played effective.You might find yourself rage starving,staying there like a ****** waiting for your next auto hit and prey that it is a crit for extra rage,which does not garantee success as tbc is a RNG-heavy expansion,and you just get randomly dodged/parried by mages.Warriors being slow swingers they lose the most from this since they rely on just couple of abilities that have great importance.If you miss a mortal strike you might aswell just alt f4 and play something else.

14. SegaRally, okay, so is anything being done about the SSC numbers then? At this current state, Lurker is just stupid - ranged adds one-shotting clothies and full T4 tanks dropping to the melee adds. And I'm talking about Outland, not Medivh. I would understand if that was on Lord-divh, but not on Outland.

I'll be honest. Our guild has only started progressing SSC but we can't even kill Lurker because half the raid is dead before Lurker re-appears from his first submerge. Adds are supposed to be the easy part on this boss. Instead, Lurker seems like a punching bag compared to them.

15. SegaRally, okay, so is anything being done about the SSC numbers then? At this current state, Lurker is just stupid - ranged adds one-shotting clothies and full T4 tanks dropping to the melee adds. And I'm talking about Outland, not Medivh. I would understand if that was on Lord-divh, but not on Outland.

I'll be honest. Our guild has only started progressing SSC but we can't even kill Lurker because half the raid is dead before Lurker re-appears from his first submerge. Adds are supposed to be the easy part on this boss. Instead, Lurker seems like a punching bag compared to them.
    Nothing will be done because the content isn't that hard even with new numbers (Hydross maybe the exception, but there are special strategies that negate that entirely). Some of it requires slightly different approaches but it's all very doable. Like the adds on lurker as a Warrior Tank you pre pool rage before they spawn, concussive blow as they arrive, then you debuff them and then when the stun is up you disarm them and once that is done you either pop a pocket watch trinket or you have someone else stun it or even fear if you're desperate... And a Warrior tank can survive a 15k burst if the healers are on point, of course you have 3 adds but it's doable, paladin tanks will die tho.

Lurker on retail was an easy boss it's true, the adds were always the hard part on retail too though. This time it just requires you to stack CC, if you need to kill one of the ranged adds then you need to prioritise it and stunlock it down before it can kill anyone. FWIW despite these issues my guilds first lurker kill on warmane had 21 people in the raid including 2 pugs, and we killed it on the last pull of the night after many people left.. The biggest thing is just keeping your CC up on the ranged adds.

We wiped more on Lurker than any other boss so far, we only wiped once on Leo and Fathom Lord before the kill. I think Lurker doesn't really set the tone for the rest of the raid.

First 123 Last