1. July 7, 2017  

Differences in WOTLK and TBC warrior

hey guys rerollan on TBC from WOTLK so what can i expect what is differnet, thanks :D

2. July 7, 2017  
    Which spec? There are a lot of differences.

Fury = No titan grip, less rage generation so more rage management, rampage buff needs to be kept up manually and just gives you AP (no group crit), you have sweeping strikes instead of death wish. Fury isn't super strong until T5 gear (not available yet) where as in WOTLK it's super strong right away.

Prot = Thunder Clap hits only 4 targets and does low damage/threat, holding agro on more than 1 target is 10x more difficult than in WOTLK, but Warrior tank is king in raids, because for some fight's its a requirement. No charge in combat, or in defensive stance.

Arms - The best specs are Arms/Fury hybrids in PVE and PVP, the gameplay is completely different to WOTLK because it's about timing Slam after swing timer. No charge in combat, only intercept.

3. July 7, 2017  
    Which spec? There are a lot of differences.

Fury = No titan grip, less rage generation so more rage management, rampage buff needs to be kept up manually and just gives you AP (no group crit), you have sweeping strikes instead of death wish. Fury isn't super strong until T5 gear (not available yet) where as in WOTLK it's super strong right away.

Prot = Thunder Clap hits only 4 targets and does low damage/threat, holding agro on more than 1 target is 10x more difficult than in WOTLK, but Warrior tank is king in raids, because for some fight's its a requirement. No charge in combat, or in defensive stance.

Arms - The best specs are Arms/Fury hybrids in PVE and PVP, the gameplay is completely different to WOTLK because it's about timing Slam after swing timer. No charge in combat, only intercept.
    thanks a lot buddy, those are some bad news about the much loved charge, but ill adapt. I was planning on going arms at 70 but level in fury , i play PVP a lot. Never liked slam either but its ok i guess mortal strike is still used most of the time.

4. July 8, 2017  
    hey guys rerollan on TBC from WOTLK so what can i expect what is differnet, thanks :D
    You only gonna use mortal strike, whirlwind and execute(only usable when bellow 20%) for damage. Intercept is your only stun/gap closer so you gonna be walking up to targets and getting kited 80% of the time.

No rage when hitting shield/barriers=if you dont crit you need 3 auto-attacks to get enough rage to use any ability= 10 seconds afk before using mortal strike.

Wall, retal, reck have 30 minute overlapping cooldown.

Shield block only blocks one attack.

You are going to sit berserker stance 99% of the time, only switch for overpower or reflect/wall/block/clap.

Spell reflect only works in def/battle stance.

Rend, revenge, slam are useless. No shield slam, UA. This means 95% of your gameplay is using mortal strike/whirlwind/hamstring and hoping you crit with death wish active.

Very RNG and gear dependent. You need mace proc, hamstring proc and chain crits to kill anything.

Best comps are with shaman/druid = no dispel = sitting roots forever.

No room to outplay anybody because you are walking damage bot with no utility.
    Edited: July 8, 2017

5. July 9, 2017  
    No room to outplay anybody because you are walking damage bot with no utility.
    This pretty much summarizes the entire TBC PvP experience as a warrior. You just hit people and hope they die or don't know what CC is. You will lose 1v1 vs pretty much anything, except undergeared warlocks, I guess. Hunters, priests, rogues, paladins, mages, druids, even shamans will easily kill you or kite you until you Alt+F4. Once warlocks get gear, they'll do that even easier than the other classes.

Your absolute nightmare are absorb shields because absorbed damage gives you no rage on TBC, both absorbed by you and absorbed by your enemies. It's pretty much impossible for you to kill a half-brained druid healer - if you see one, just ignore them and switch target. If a mage opens on you, you might as well just AFK so that the torture ends faster because there is nothing you can ever do to them. Charge cannot be used in combat and it has lower range than a mage's spells. Intercept has 20sec cooldown talented and mages will simply Blink it because you have no other CC. If you somehow open on a feral, you might get some decent damage on them. If they change to bear form, just switch target. Killing a paladin is not possible because you cannot remove bubble, so you basically have to fight him twice. BM is the most popular hunter spec on TBC and you will never ever be able to 1v1 a BM hunter, no matter how geared you are. You cannot kill rogues, even with Second Wind and Imp Overpower, because Overpower has a 5-second cooldown pre-WotLK. I think I listed all of the classes, but I might've missed something, I dunno. Doesn't matter either.

tl;dr - do not do BGs without a pocket healer or you'll be a walking honor kill. In arenas, be prepared to get kited into oblivion and back.

If you don't have the guts and nerves for the above things, then don't play Warr PvP. Good luck!

6. July 9, 2017  
    damn that sucks a lot, i guess wotlk was really good for warrior

7. July 9, 2017  
    damn that sucks a lot, i guess wotlk was really good for warrior
    It is not just wotlk. Warrior got better each expansion. More cc/utility/burst/surv and lost dependency on dispels.

8. July 9, 2017  
    I don't mean to put a downer on the crying here, but Warrior was one of the best tickets to Gladiator in TBC and they terrorised BG's (and are doing just that on Warmane at the moment), TBC was one of the best expansions for Warrior PVP performance.. They just somewhat suck in duels, as they have in most expansions and just as they do in Legion.

9. July 9, 2017  
    Warrior was one of the best tickets to Gladiator in TBC and they terrorised BG's (and are doing just that on Warmane at the moment), TBC was one of the best expansions for Warrior PVP performance..

Any evidence to support that? Even if they did dominate arena on retail that doest mean anything. Look at all current Wotlk realms ladders and count how many warriors u see in top 100. Meanwhile their glad representation on retail during wrathfull season was only 8%. Also they scale with gear which means they are significantly weaker first 3 seasons compared to last season.

Btw I didnt see any warrior dominate BGs yet. Maybe if they had 3 healers and dispel with them else they die to anything.
    Edited: July 9, 2017

10. Any evidence to support that? Even if they did dominate arena on retail that doest mean anything. Look at all current Wotlk realms ladders and count how many warriors u see in top 100. Meanwhile their glad representation on retail during wrathfull season was only 8%. Also they scale with gear which means they are significantly weaker first 3 seasons compared to last season.

Btw I didnt see any warrior dominate BGs yet. Maybe if they had 3 healers and dispel with them else they die to anything.
    Why are you comparing a retail patch which effectively lasted just months where only a limited number of people had Shadowmourne (and even less had Legendary heal mace), with a non progression server that has years of uptime and a hilariously high number of Shadowmourne users? Outland is a progression server with no item shop yet, Warriors were super strong in all seasons in TBC.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=360196

How is that for evidence? People are making complaint threads about Warriors doing high damage while you lot are finding things to cry about in an expansion where Warriors were overpowered in team PVP for the entire thing. Warriors are strong, don't cry about the minor issues, every class/spec has issues.

Using the PVP ladders here isn't indication of much to go on either, the participation player pool is tiny relative to retail and results most likely are skewed based on bias of that small player pool on all servers.
    Edited: July 10, 2017

11. Why are you comparing a retail patch which effectively lasted just months where only a limited number of people had Shadowmourne (and even less had Legendary heal mace), with a non progression server that has years of uptime and a hilariously high number of Shadowmourne users? Outland is a progression server with no item shop yet, Warriors were super strong in all seasons in TBC.
    That was exactly my point. Retail stats/impressions are irrelevant.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=360196

How is that for evidence? People are making complaint threads about Warriors doing high damage while you lot are finding things to cry about in an expansion where Warriors were overpowered in team PVP for the entire thing. Warriors are strong, don't cry about the minor issues, every class/spec has issues.

Using the PVP ladders here isn't indication of much to go on either, the participation player pool is tiny relative to retail and results most likely are skewed based on bias of that small player pool on all servers.
    How is completely biased cry topic on forum with 0 proof, made up numbers and people arguing about opposite an evidence?

People in that topic complain about ''I've recorded crits of 5,882 into 334 resilience (non debuffed armor)''

Impossible, here is a video of geared warrior vs 180 resilience fire mage, which is the weakest class in tbc when it comes to tanking melee dmg (only 2200 armor=15-17% melee dmg reduction, no other melee dmg reduction talents, abilities). https://www.twitch.tv/videos/156611217?t=32m16s As you can see with all procs he was doing 1200 dmg hits.

Mortal strike crit multiplier is 227% . 180 resilience=10% less dmg from crits Therefore biggest mortal strike crit you could do as orc warrior with deathwish, trinket procs, ap shouts, str totem and racial is 2451.

''I've also met some warriors who bursted my mage down in about 4-5 secs and critted me for 4,8k''

Lets assume it was execute because as I just proved its impossible to get critted for 4.8k with mortal strike/ww . I dont know the exact formula for execute, but unless you have 24 000 hp most of the damage is irrelevant. With 10k average hp you only need 2000dmg execute for kill, making the 2800 extra damage just irrelevant extra number.

12. The point is mate, we have an expansion where we know Warriors domintate, and we have non Warriors confirming they are getting dominated by making QQ threads.. And here people are putting out a sob story about all the little problems you have which paints a picture as if Warrior isn't that good, which is absolutely bollox. Warrior isn't great in duels, welcome to WoW because it has pretty much been that way in every expansion, but no expansion more than TBC has Warrior dominated when paired with a healer.

Warrior/Druid in 2v2 was easy Gladiator in S2-3 especially. You're gonna have access to Stormherald next week, you can't imagine how overpowered that is going to make you in S1.
    Edited: July 10, 2017

13. lol at the guys saying warriors sucked in tbc or are boring to play.

i'm a retail s1-s3 gladiator and s4 r1 player and tbc was one of the best expansions this game has ever seen, especially for warriors. only because you cannot use your mongloid wotlk tactics in tbc doesn't mean that warriors suck. you actually have to manage your rage, use your cds wisely, stance dance and switch to sword and board according to the situation. this might be too hard for some people that are used to the wotlk, cata and beyond gameplay that dumbed down mechanics and made it possible for people with little sense for positioning and cd management to succeed in arenas.

but even if you're not that good you will have a lot of fun in bgs as a warrior. if you have up to date gear and there are 1-2 healers that know what a good warrior can do to the enemy team you can expect to have a lot of fun in wsg/ab.

don't get wrong impression from the mostly uninformed and negative replies above.

14. There are truths to both sides here.

You do incredible burst and you put out immense pressure as a warrior. When you're allowed to. Aside from fear you're extremely vulnerable to any kind of CC. That basically means you need to find the windows where you can put out your amazing pressure.

As for that thread about warrior damage, please don't give it any validity. Really. I've done tons of BGs and I've never seen crits going remotely near what is described in there, nor has the guy given any screenshots as promised. Because 5k or even 4k crits don't happen. If we're going to talk about frustrating situations though, lets talk about being dodged from behind in pvp. Constantly, every single day. It shouldn't happen but it does. Even when people are stunned you get dodged now and again.

The worst thing, however, is how many of your charge and intercept stuns get resisted. It feels like everyone has the orc racial, while I do have it and barely ever resist stuns :(
    Edited: July 11, 2017

15. lol at the guys saying warriors sucked in tbc or are boring to play.

i'm a retail s1-s3 gladiator and s4 r1 player and tbc was one of the best expansions this game has ever seen, especially for warriors. only because you cannot use your mongloid wotlk tactics in tbc doesn't mean that warriors suck. you actually have to manage your rage, use your cds wisely, stance dance and switch to sword and board according to the situation. this might be too hard for some people that are used to the wotlk, cata and beyond gameplay that dumbed down mechanics and made it possible for people with little sense for positioning and cd management to succeed in arenas.

but even if you're not that good you will have a lot of fun in bgs as a warrior. if you have up to date gear and there are 1-2 healers that know what a good warrior can do to the enemy team you can expect to have a lot of fun in wsg/ab.

don't get wrong impression from the mostly uninformed and negative replies above.
    Your post doesn't include any tangible facts, yet you attack me. You make it seem like warriors are so overpowered, but then I check the outland 2s ladder and i see 2 warriors in top 20-that is a real number.

If you played tbc season 1-4 I assume you was at least 15 years old back then, so you must be 25 years old now and you are not capable of making a logical argument.
    tbc was one of the best expansions this game has ever seen, especially for warriors
    Numbers says otherwise, the only tbc pvp realm has 100 players peak, compared to multiple wotlk PvP realms with 100x bigger populations.

only because you cannot use your mongloid wotlk tactics in tbc doesn't mean that warriors suck
    Why are wotlk tactics mongoloid? The tactics were still changing 7 years after wotlk was released and in that time 20-80 matchups changed to 80-20 matchups because of different strategies. Meanwhile in TBC you have very little strategy, the absolute peak of any warrior strategy in 2s is cloning a target at 30% and then killing him after, because any half brained team can outplay warrior without dispel.

you actually have to manage your rage, use your cds wisely, stance dance and switch to sword and board according to the situation.
    managing rage = not using abilities for 10 seconds because of terrible rage design?

using cds wisely? what CDs? You use mortal/ww, you have intercept and 30 min CD on wall, is that what you need to manage? lol

stance dance = you sit berserker and switch to battle for overpower, reflect, clap, rend, what a complex mechanic, the absolute skill cap peak, having to make a macro that include changing stance. 200+ IQ required

I only wrote facts in those replies, yet you write biased comment bashing others?

123 Last