1. July 7, 2017  

Changing locale = better gameplay?

Hey guys!

I have a little theory to confirm but I need your help to do this.

Could you guys change in your config.wtf file (it's located in WTF folder which is located in main game folder) row:

Code:
    SET locale "enGB"
    to
    Code:
    SET locale "enUS"
    save it (check if change is saved) and then start the game and post in this topic if your gameplay was better?

I made this aforementioned change with my GF playing here and I see that the gameplay is better:

1. More balanced
    2. More things to gather (herbs, ore nodes, quest items etc.)
    3. Less bugged (to confirm)
    4. Randomize button (for character name) appears
    5. New data is downloading despite I have a full client installed (from Warmane website)

2. July 7, 2017  
    Sorry to disappoint you but client localization has nothing to do with the server. Language localization is nothing more than translating the user interface (or just everything visible to the player) into different languages (this includes both multimedia and textual content)

3. July 7, 2017  
    Sorry to disappoint you but client localization has nothing to do with the server. Language localization is nothing more than translating the user interface (or just everything visible to the player) into different languages (this includes both multimedia and textual content)
    On a sidenote, is this option implemented server-side by any chance? It should change the way the packets are handled.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/2522462700

"[...] This feature is only used in INSTANCES. It has no baring on behavior outside of battlegrounds/arenas/dungeons. Regular world servers use old network protocols and not this new option. [...]"
    Edited: July 7, 2017

4. July 8, 2017  
    The differnce is visible and you can't deny it. Maybe it's a server core fault, which prefer US locale. By the way - When Pandaren starting area, fly paths bugs and elevator in Warsong Hold (Northrend) will be fixed?