1. July 9, 2017  

Should we encourage people to play Pandaria? How?

Taken into account the Frostwolf's current situation, I believe that some measures should be taken to encourage people to test this expansion.

It already tires to see the same people in bgs, in the cities, in all over the places. No new people try this server, and now we only remain those who saw Frostwolf's born. I know that many people have just gone to other expansions: WOTLK and then TBC ((I have done it too, but I always get bored and come back here). If they have settled elsewhere, then we can do nothing, and more considering the current state of MOP: despite receiving sporadic fixes, it's far from being an ideal place.

What ideas do you think could attract people to play this server? And let's not talk about giving Frostwolf more priority on devs, the situation is what it is, and MOP will not receive more attention.

- The commerce is dead. It have already been dead for a long time, and the change of rates x7 ---> x3 ended up killing the situation. It makes no sense to leave it at x3 with so few people. I would rather see 100,000 people with their professions on max lvl, than to see 0 products in the auction house.

- If so many people play Warmane, even though only 30% of them visit the web, it could also give Frostwolf more visibility in it. Maybe an advertisement, an image, something.

- Perhaps it would be contradictory, many people would take advantage of it to create an alt. But Warmane could give 1 character (level 90) per account with some pvp-pve gear (like 496-522), maybe with some profession on it.

I don't know, something to make people try this server, and if they like it, maybe they will create more characters. I would not mind watching it, although , the effort to equip a char is high, seeing new people is a priority.

At the end, it could be not a great idea, who already has wanted - has tried the server, without any "bost or gift", but with luck this could attract someone here.

2. July 9, 2017  
    1. Cross fraction bgs.

2. Combine global chat and let them speak to each other. Flaming is half the part of pvp . Makes bgs more intense when both team are flaming each other. Also ignore function is always there if you don't want to communicate.

3. Return old point shop and list yourself again on all top sites. That was your major source of new players.

3. July 9, 2017  
    All it really needs is the Conquest Catchup, which must absolutely come before this season ends so people can start playing here.
    An update from Proterean regarding the system would be nice, it's been a month.

4. July 9, 2017  
    Friend and i want to start on Pandaria soon :D So feed me with pros and cons of server ^^

5. July 9, 2017  
    All it really needs is the Conquest Catchup, which must absolutely come before this season ends so people can start playing here.
    Update from a dev would be nice.

6. July 9, 2017  
    Warmane | WoW WotLK Private Server change this for start :P

7. July 9, 2017  
    Whatever reasons staff have to not advertise frostwolf, we would like to hear it. What are the cons of advertising frostwolf?

8. July 9, 2017  
    Warmane | WoW WotLK Private Server change this for start :P
    +1+1+1+1+1

9. July 9, 2017  
    2. Combine global chat and let them speak to each other.
    Global chat is awful, and this would just make it worse. Would be enough to scare away most normal people who are new to the server. As much as I would love to be entertained by the **** talking, i just dont think it would be a good idea.

10. July 9, 2017  
    +1. This would definitely help the server, and an update from Proterean about it would be great

11. July 9, 2017  
    why do the work of the owners unless they pay you?

if they don't care about a product, why should you?

12. 1. Cross fraction bgs.

2. Combine global chat and let them speak to each other. Flaming is half the part of pvp . Makes bgs more intense when both team are flaming each other. Also ignore function is always there if you don't want to communicate.

3. Return old point shop and list yourself again on all top sites. That was your major source of new players.
    Cross Faction BG, has been done 3 times before, this was due to bugs, which I believe warmane fixed.

Twice when AV was opened in 2015 and 2017 for 24 hours, mixed faction teams were random.
    Then you had the incident with The Clown Bros (the only cross faction group on Frostwolf who had disbanded early 2016), who bugged partying/raiding to do ranked bgs/arenas, they since left the realm.

So no, as far as chat goes, they won't mix the both of them; we already had our fair share of cross faction chat, it won't come back, ever.

What we need is CATCH UP! Which was promised to us :S

13. What we need is CATCH UP! Which was promised to us :S
    Yes, and it's a little concerning that it wasn't mentioned in the devlog they just released.

I don't think it's correct to say they don't care about Frostwolf. They are putting some dev resources into it. It's the marketing (or lack thereof) and the failure to appreciate the gearing obstacles that are restricting the new players from choosing to play on this realm.

I can just about guarantee you that if they announced with big fanfare on the website that they were making it easier than ever to get started on Frostwolf (with conquest catchup) and maybe offer some promotion like free transfers from other MoP servers, you'd see a big improvement in the server numbers.

It's really not hard to create buzz like that, but you have to have a little bit of inclination to market your product. Just saying "here's the server, take it or leave it (if you find out about it)" isn't cutting it.
    Edited: July 10, 2017

14. We seriously need Conquest Catch-up. I'm not sure if the lack of any talk about this feature is to be taken as staff has dropped the idea, but if that is the case, staff needs to reconsider. We needed Conquest Catch-up yesterday, and yet we still have no announcement on when it is coming.

I also think it would help to offer some method of allowing players to get a boost to level 90 if they are coming from another server. I sadly don't see it happening given how the focus is to be as blizz-like as possible, but I have heard many players don't want to come because they do not want to bother levelling up again. Maybe we can give players free level 85 characters for a promotion time period? This way they still have to level up at least a bit?

In the end, fixing the realm and getting Conquest Catch-up alone should be enough to get population to come/stay. Any other promotion might help but certainly isn't necessary for success in my opinion.

15. We seriously need Conquest Catch-up. I'm not sure if the lack of any talk about this feature is to be taken as staff has dropped the idea, but if that is the case, staff needs to reconsider. We needed Conquest Catch-up yesterday, and yet we still have no announcement on when it is coming.

I also think it would help to offer some method of allowing players to get a boost to level 90 if they are coming from another server. I sadly don't see it happening given how the focus is to be as blizz-like as possible, but I have heard many players don't want to come because they do not want to bother levelling up again. Maybe we can give players free level 85 characters for a promotion time period? This way they still have to level up at least a bit?

In the end, fixing the realm and getting Conquest Catch-up alone should be enough to get population to come/stay. Any other promotion might help but certainly isn't necessary for success in my opinion.
    You do realize such attempts on trying to push this idea is futile? The day such feature will ever be placed on this realm, if ever, we might be long gone, in addition, players will have the "not-so-caring" mind set when it comes to this realm.

All hope comes down to what the devs do, and what move they are willing to make if they wish for it, sadly we do not have any say in this which contradicts what Mr.Wolf has said months ago.

12 Last