1. July 9, 2017  

Tanking trinkets

Hey
    pretty new to warrior and just wondering how the Engineering trainkets (45stam) matches up against Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch and Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600 is it better to use the 2 stam trinkets ?

2. I'm not a prot expert, but it's very situational.

The pocketwatch is incredebly good against melee bosses, while the stam trinkets are good against bosses with magical attacks. The autoblocker is amazing for threat.

In general I'd advise you to get enough health that you can take a few hits from a boss without dying and then get more avoidance and threat. There are people on this forum better suited for giving you a sweetspot for numbers here.

Assuming you have enough health I'd go with autoblocker + pocketwatch or even Romulo's poison vial and autoblocker if your healers can handle you wearing 2 TPS trinkets. 35 hit on one slot is huge - albeit unconventional. I might be wrong about it so don't take it as gospel

3. Auto-Blocker is only useful when you want to gain more threat (by increasing Shield Slam damages) otherwise in a defensive purpose it's crappy comparing to the other options.

If you're aiming at more reliable survival, mitigation is the way to go, so 2x 45 stam trinket combo is often prefered by tanks in early game.

Moroes' Watch is pretty damn good too, but requires higher tier gear (with more avoidance on it) to really shine. This is due to the exponential return that avoidance grants on mitigation, but you need a sh*tload of it (see graph below).

Edited: July 10, 2017