1. July 9, 2017  

How bad are the BG'S?

I have both an alliance character and a horde character, i want to level alliance but atm i'm a pvper. I've been hearing about how alliance loses almost all battles, but is it really that bad?

2. July 9, 2017  
    Not that bad, it really depends on the time of day tbh. From my experience, EotS ally loses the most for some unknown reason, AB/WSG are roughly even, AV we win fairly often.

3. Thank you for the reply, I'm thinking of just faction changing all my horde characters, but a few more replies would be nice just to be on the sure side.

4. I will agree the time of the day does make a big difference. But alliance lack healers, horde NEVER have less then 2 in any game. If you are going to pug it wont be a good experience. Alliance (not sure about horde) love to bg jump (queue multiple bgs and leave once another one pops) and that makes for 90% start of games to be undermanned or middle of the games.

Now when I make or join a 5 man group (if you make it any larger the queue times are unreal) you have a higher chance to win. We win like 80% of the time.

5. I will agree the time of the day does make a big difference. But alliance lack healers, horde NEVER have less then 2 in any game. If you are going to pug it wont be a good experience. Alliance (not sure about horde) love to bg jump (queue multiple bgs and leave once another one pops) and that makes for 90% start of games to be undermanned or middle of the games.

Now when I make or join a 5 man group (if you make it any larger the queue times are unreal) you have a higher chance to win. We win like 80% of the time.
    Thanks for the reply once more, I live in the EU so im also wondering how that would affect my games, positive or negative? Are the que times for horde or alliance longer? I still have a few questions until i decide what faction to main, for now i'll level all my characters to 30.

6. I am playing alliance even though I really wanted to go horde undead shadowpriest. Been playing alliance for like the last 7 years on retail. but after creating a character and seeing a sea of undead at the starting zone. I said let me go alliance in hopes for instant bg ques. I didnt have the nightmare some people had while leveling (for the first time ever I avoided STV/Tanaris/Ungoro/Farales/) and outland was ok as well (avoided Nagrand). If you want to strictly pvp, I would go horde 100%. Do not go alliance to pug it will NOT be fun. Make friends fast and form 5man premades, if you do decide to alliance.

Not sure about the time difference because I am eastern time. But I am willing to bet you will be fine being from EU. The server is super active at all times of the day.

7. I am playing alliance even though I really wanted to go horde undead shadowpriest. Been playing alliance for like the last 7 years on retail. but after creating a character and seeing a sea of undead at the starting zone. I said let me go alliance in hopes for instant bg ques. I didnt have the nightmare some people had while leveling (for the first time ever I avoided STV/Tanaris/Ungoro/Farales/) and outland was ok as well (avoided Nagrand). If you want to strictly pvp, I would go horde 100%. Do not go alliance to pug it will NOT be fun. Make friends fast and form 5man premades, if you do decide to alliance.

Not sure about the time difference because I am eastern time. But I am willing to bet you will be fine being from EU. The server is super active at all times of the day.
    Thank you very much for clearing up some of my issues, im fairly positive i want to main alliance as finding friends shouldn't be that much of an issue, however commiting to alliance knowing that i could have more wins and more fun as horde bothers me, atm i'm not sure what to do about it.

I'm not a person with alot of time on my hands which is why the 7.5x XP would help me alot, nor am i very good at getting gold so the free riding is a dream, however once at max level i'm afraid i'd regret the faction change of my now currently main character who is an undead mage.
    From the way i see this, i should switch to ally but at the same time i feel it would be a huge mistake, i would like to level my mage to max level and get a feel for it, but i'll never know what its like to PVP as both alliance and horde, nor do i have the time to get characters of both factions to max level.

Currently i'm very conflicted as it's cuite a big deal and i'm not one to enjoy leveling from 0-60 (In fact i hate it, as i've done it atleast 30 times on both retail and private servers) but i suppose if alliance wins atleast 33% of the BG's i could deal with it.

8. Take it from someone that has leveled every class on retail. Leveling here is a breeze, both on alliance and horde. The different in xp is not even noticeable.

If you want to go alliance do it. Just look to get into premades, and you will be fine. Have fun...

9. Take it from someone that has leveled every class on retail. Leveling here is a breeze, both on alliance and horde. The different in xp is not even noticeable.

If you want to go alliance do it. Just look to get into premades, and you will be fine. Have fun...
    Alright, thank you again for the help.

10. If you do go alliance and need help with anything hit me up in-game Deacon. If you go horde, Im sorry for killing you, in advance. LOL

11. If you do go alliance and need help with anything hit me up in-game Deacon. If you go horde, Im sorry for killing you, in advance. LOL
    Lmao don't worry faction changing asap i don't want you killing me D:

12. The alliance is terribly bad at BG, no healers, no teamwork, no resil or gear.
    On Wpvp bunch of alliance lvl 70 running around killing low levels zones on packs of 3 or 4
    The do not even have pve gear from Dungeons.
    They are so funny that if you have a person with you at your level you win them in pvp
    Edited: July 11, 2017

13. The alliance is terribly bad at BG, no healers, no teamwork, no resil or gear.
    On Wpvp bunch of alliance lvl 70 running around killing low levels zones on packs of 3 or 4
    The do not even have pve gear from Dungeons.
    They are so funny that if you have a person with you at your level you win them in pvp
    Actually i've seen the exact same thing with hordes, in my experience the alliance has always been less toxic, but i suppose i'll level both factions once i have some time to check how it is. (Btw if you have any suggestions for what class i should roll for my horde i'd gladly accept them)

14. Im down to level up a horde character. I was thinking of making a mage or rogue.

15. The alliance is terribly bad at BG, no healers
    90% of the problem. Coming from Wotlk I'm accustomed to Alliance having an abundance of players that heal on healing classes. In TBC on alliance all you see is ferals and boomkins basically being useless all BG, meanwhile Horde has stacked resto's on a regular basis. I'm not sure exactly why so many alliance players jump right into PVP with a leveling spec under geared and think its viable, especially as a druid/priest/pally. FFS spec healer and do something useful if you can't even wait till 2k GS to queue.

12 Last