1. July 9, 2017  

Can anyone explain to me wtf just happen?

I haven't been here in ages and had some characters I just toy around with since there isn't many people on and the fact that everyone I played with are gone, so I pop'd in for several hours and went through some weird stuff.

I was playing ally faction the other day and came across this lvl 24 caster in a tuxedo in Ashenvale, I think he is either priest, lock or mage, I didn't really inspect or see him attack. Ironically I asked him to help me out a bit to clear some areas faster he said he was busy but chimed in anyways, the weird part was anything we hit once, dies instance, the other dude only used a stave to fight back, no spells.
    Then when we saw a horde player, low level, I wanted to take him down, but my partner said to me if I harm or kill him, I will pay for what I did, so I leave party because I was done with the quest anyways and he was starting to get annoying as hell, before I can even really burst the horde player with my strong attacks, he vanished, and the other guy was gone too, bu a /who still showed that he was in Ashenvale.

Next thing I know I kept dying from something that hit me for rough 80k to 250k, I was killed multiple times, combat log only shows "You Died". I HS'd back to duskwood, but within minutes, I was killed 3 more times on the road from duskwood to stranglethorn, so I stay dead and got a wisp from some random dude saying, I told you so, then he DND me.

I relog like 15 minutes later, and thinks went back to normal?

So this brings me here, is there anything in the game or quest item that forces a mob or enemy that could be summoned to not be seen? All I saw on the ground was an untargetable shadow, if not, I'd like to tell people about this so it doesn't happen to them. I said something on global, but all people did was talking about bg/arena and other things, no one really cared for what a low lvl had to say.

EDIT:

I was killed 4 times in Ashenvale this way, 2-3 minutes between each other, so clearly I was being stalked.
    On Duskwood I was killed 3 more times, as if the no lifer was following me along with his posse.
    All my deaths only came up as "You Died" no numbers no nothing was shown in logs, I can only see the numbers on top left of my portrait, mind you I am a low lvl player myself.
    Edited: July 9, 2017

2. I haven't been here in ages and had some characters I just toy around with since there isn't many people on and the fact that everyone I played with are gone, so I pop'd in for several hours and went through some weird stuff.

I was playing ally faction the other day and came across this lvl 24 caster in a tuxedo in Ashenvale, I think he is either priest, lock or mage, I didn't really inspect or see him attack. Ironically I asked him to help me out a bit to clear some areas faster he said he was busy but chimed in anyways, the weird part was anything we hit once, dies instance, the other dude only used a stave to fight back, no spells.
    Then when we saw a horde player, low level, I wanted to take him down, but my partner said to me if I harm or kill him, I will pay for what I did, so I leave party because I was done with the quest anyways and he was starting to get annoying as hell, before I can even really burst the horde player with my strong attacks, he vanished, and the other guy was gone too, bu a /who still showed that he was in Ashenvale.

Next thing I know I kept dying from something that hit me for rough 80k to 250k, I was killed multiple times, combat log only shows "You Died". I HS'd back to duskwood, but within minutes, I was killed 3 more times on the road from duskwood to stranglethorn, so I stay dead and got a wisp from some random dude saying, I told you so, then he DND me.

So this brings me here, is there anything in the game or quest item that forces a mob or enemy that could be summoned to not be seen? All I saw on the ground was an untargetable shadow, if not, I'd like to tell people about this so it doesn't happen to them. I said something on global, but all people did was talking about bg/arena and other things, no one really cared for what a low lvl had to say.

EDIT:

I was killed 4 times in Ashenvale this way, 2-3 minutes between each other, so clearly I was being stalked.
    On Duskwood I was killed 3 more times, as if the no lifer was following me along with his posse.
    All my deaths only came up as "You Died" no numbers no nothing was shown in logs, I can only see the numbers on top left of my portrait, mind you I am a low lvl player myself.
    top 10 horror animes

3. For real now, I have no idea about what happened and that also sounds creepy as ****. And no, there isn't a quest item or anything in game that can do something like that

4. Killing low lvlers... u deserve it!

5. You encountered the extremely rare Slenderman world boss event. Most players don't make it out of that alive- in game or in real life- so congratulations.

(But actually it sounds like they were just hacking/exploiting and made some big scene out of it preying on lowbies. If you remember names or at least the time you encountered this, I'd suggest opening a ticket.)

6. What you encountered is members of my own kin, probably the detective/low ranking ones among Ghost Twinks, often called Ghost Clan by some in twinking community.
    You probably attempted to kill a Horde variation of it, if the other guy didn't attack the Horde and tried to stop you, that was a legitimate warning, that you didn't listen to; attempting to attack anyone of any faction when the one with you says it is not wise, will result in such action.
    We have 2 leaders, Alliance side is usually passive with their action, normally the ones to talk with reason while the Horde counterparts of the same group is borderline aggressive and they are the reason why xmog CE users don't really show up near Stormwind. We were also the bane of any power-leveler caught in Uldum when we were at our prime and reported more than 50+ players, including xmog abusers. WE were also the ones who got rid of the Player who summoned all those Hakmud NPCs a few months back and exposed his bum on global.

We're known for having old wow resources which we are capable of making, detection pots, sleeping powders, etc, you name it, we're the only ones who can make these things. Trickery and Illusion is our game, but we play fair to when it comes to it.

In your case, you probably attacked the Horde player, which triggered others in Ashenvale to retaliate, as for not being seen, but only a mere shadow, 2 ways this happens in Ashenvale: Any high level class that has a spell that can take them out of combat, if they attack you with a killing blow and immediately remove themselves from combat, it will cause the combat log not to trace them at all, as if the attacker has been killed. The other Ashenvale effect is being a complete shadow, technically invisible, 2 areas in Ashenvale gives off this effect, and if it is the night elf vs. members of the Horde area, you walked right into the cross-hairs. Of course everything has a cooldown, hence why they wait in between to attack.

In Duskwood, it is like this in a similar fashion, however, the attacker can easily be detected or seen if they're not careful, but seeing that they are really good at what they do this time around, they were rookies. If you are familiar with the Warcraft Lore behind Veiled Blade, it is exactly how they operate as both the good guys and the bad guys in that lore. You do something and run off, you will be followed and dealt with until the deed is done, regardless of your level.

But it is surprising that some of them still play here since Twinking is not as big as it was before. The common area to really find any of these guys use to be Scholomance, but since the dungeon is open, the only 3 other areas they could be found is: The Sky Temple, The Cat's Nest in STV, and the popular one, The Ghost World.

We use to have Ghost World Subwars long time ago, now it is just a hang out spot for those who are still active; this area cannot be accessed by anyone easily and it is far different from the common Ghost World whereas your character is dead.
    We were part of a guild called Still Not Prepared until some drama caused the boss to just leave, eventually we were briefly dubbed Sweeper Squad, but since we were twinks or have twinks, we were dubbed Ghost Twinks. No doubt in my mind that the guy in the Tux is indeed the leader of the group, he is a lvl 29 Mage. But yes, we do not show up unless: we know the person, we have been encountered or if anyone says on global our own code message which is broadcast in the twisting nether.

You will not see us coming, but you will see us leaving, so to speak.

You encountered the extremely rare Slenderman world boss event. Most players don't make it out of that alive- in game or in real life- so congratulations.

(But actually it sounds like they were just hacking/exploiting and made some big scene out of it preying on lowbies. If you remember names or at least the time you encountered this, I'd suggest opening a ticket.)

To you, you would think such, but there are actually old world items in the game that are rare; like vanilla rare, that can be used in MOP. Some of us were able to acquire them before Warmane changed the Market. WE are also the only group to mass farm Magic Powder, deemed impossible to get as well as having some amazing recipes from older expansions, to which we use in the current MOP build. Only thing is at times mats are extremely harder to come by since the mobs have been moved around.

For real now, I have no idea about what happened and that also sounds creepy as ****. And no, there isn't a quest item or anything in game that can do something like that

There is more to WoW than you should know. Works of the old, can shock those of new, meaning old things in wow that was obtainable for a brief time period (change of market place in 5.4.2), had been kept and used currently to this day on Frostwolf, they don't know what an SF is or a TS, Nightfall Axe, etc. in addition, you do not know what a Ghost World Sub-Wars is aka Death Battle.
    Our ONLY REGRET, is not getting the Weaponsmith recipes and various other game changing equipment so we can craft, but we didn't get the chance to.
    Edited: July 10, 2017 Reason: Former Twink, Ghost member, TTLS member

7. well if he reads this, he might stop cheating for a while...
    next time, report to the GM, not to the players. and stop killing lowbies, nab.

8. OP, that is how they operate, if you are stranger and you happen to hit one of their own, they will have a way with you. That is how they player warcraft MOP, but truly these guys are nice people, despite their effort, we lost the vendor mounts sadly.

Don't know if it is still like this but, there are RARE moments during the weekends, if you go to the Nether or around some Troll Temple in Ghostlands, there is a hidden channel which they kinda talk on, it's usually brief and they say their custom channel name. When we found out at the time it led to the Gurubashi Massacre whereas both factions got rekt, but later turned into a friendly brawl since they knew us well due to their old guild.

@Huntersmark

How many of you guys still play here? I heard Nanao logs in more often, but since the community is dead, there is nothing for him to build on top of or continue on since everyone went to Outland. So how do you guys operate if there is no community?

well if he reads this, he might stop cheating for a while...
    next time, report to the GM, not to the players. and stop killing lowbies, nab.
    They won't stop, and what may look like cheating is really them using items in the same cleverly, I fought them when I was active, and not a surprise they still exist since the community fell. 2015 was a long time ago :S
    Since this isn't my first rodeo with them, classes that can be taken out of combat ASAP are Hunters, Mages, Rogues or anyone that has Night Elf Racial, Shadowmeld. If you give them distance, they can attack and immediately get out of combat with out being seen using items from Alchemy Prof. since the group has claim they can make items that are older than the MOP expansion. They just have a thing for creating an illusion so some of the profs that are hard to get or non-obtainable, they are really the only people who have it and or capable. For instance, they have items from an non-existent prof spec: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Weaponsmithing just for show and possibly usable. There made item of choice is lesser invisibility potion, and a greater version of it, as well as detection.

Seeing the guy was in Ashenvale questing and was hit for a hit amount it is safe to say he isn't trying to attack a lowbie, he is trying to attack someone his level, read it again, it is say to assume the Horde one wasn't a lowbie since the area is 20+ for leveling.

As for the shadows in Ashenvale, if you combine said alchemy effects with this item, Cloak of Cenarius, you can slip in and out of view fast after you leave combat.

The Ghost World can be found in Northend, only through an insane chain you can access it, the other part of the quest literally turns you into a Taruen.
    Take it from a guy who as fought many, many unique groups and guilds when MOP had an active low lvl community.

9. I haven't been here in ages and had some characters I just toy around with since there isn't many people on and the fact that everyone I played with are gone, so I pop'd in for several hours and went through some weird stuff.

EDIT:

How do you know the damage was for 80k - 250k if nothing showed on the Combat Log?

Combat log should be showing all damage. I realize retail also had this bug in certain situations where combat log didn't properly log the damage, but players that know which abilities don't show on combat log should report it.

Also what was the guy's name that you quested with? What was the guy's name that put you on DnD? If you believe cheating took place, you can contact a GM by PMing them on the forums (don't post names on forums if you plan on reporting).

10. How do you know the damage was for 80k - 250k if nothing showed on the Combat Log?

Combat log should be showing all damage. I realize retail also had this bug in certain situations where combat log didn't properly log the damage, but players that know which abilities don't show on combat log should report it.

Also what was the guy's name that you quested with? What was the guy's name that put you on DnD? If you believe cheating took place, you can contact a GM by PMing them on the forums (don't post names on forums if you plan on reporting).
    If a 90 hit a low level in the 20s (health around 500-2k-ish), since low levels got no resilience to high level attacks, they'll get hit that hard, similar to how a training dummy level 1 is hit that hard. So OP was hit, and the killer/attacker canceled combat before they could be seen, it results in the attack not showing up on combat log, for example, if you land an attack on someone with 1% HP, and you either die or feign death, vanish, etc, it will say to you what you used, but it won't show to your enemy what happen; this was often the case for many players in a pvp setting; as well as duel deaths.
    The only way to combat these guys is to get them out of an invisible state. With enough damage, you can force them out easily, but seeing OP is a low level himself, there is no way he can take on a 90, let alone a few of them.

From my understanding, whenever they wisp people, they immediately go back into DND, but like what I said before, if you know them or they know you, they speak to you freely, if you know the message they put out in dead chat zones (Twisting Nether for example), you can easily track them by saying the same message on normal global, and final accessing their world on Northend. They're often triggered by unfair fights (ganking or grieving), anyone who uses CE, or any who is caught in Uldum power-leveling, or if your name similar to a guy called "Rflow".

As far as I know, they do have 2 leaders, but I haven't played in a while, all I know is the group head is a lvl 24-29 mage who is unarmed wears a tux, can often be seen in Goldshire or on some random part of Ashenvale, most likely the battlefield. The co-lead is horde, an orc war level 10, who is probably the meanest female you will ever come across, last I played she promoted people to make report on the Monk bug regarding healing spheres, which has been used by many before it was fixed.

The only names I can think of tho is a guy named Baregrillz who hangs out in Durotar who is a fanboy of the group, another one called Misco for short, who had since moved to Outland. I remember hearing about a sole lvl 90 pandaren on Wandering Isle, that is geared, being among them. But since the fall of the community and their efforts to help bring it back, there is probably a few of them still present on MOP.

11. Apparently the use of low level items and equipment is seen as cheating in the eyes of a level 90 it seems, like turning into a Tiger with haste being increased greatly for example.

@-Notorious-

Anyways, thats how they and I operate because when the group becomes way too friendly with some random it leads to big problems. DND is mandatory and we stick to custom channel, unless we need to inform someone of something.

The leader never wisp people, he shows up randomly, however,as I said when they need to speak, they do so in wisp or channel based.

The guy just happen to be attack the wrong Horde player in that questing area, and consequences follow suit, like someone getting their main, so to speak.

If it does interest you, we normally have our /camp macro with alchemy pot so we remain unseen other times we combined it with the cape or hide inside a nearby shredder, which hides us completely but unable to attack.

Ashenvale is a treasure trove of goodies.

12. If a 90 hit a low level in the 20s (health around 500-2k-ish), since low levels got no resilience to high level attacks
    They do. They still die in one shot because of low health. As of MoP resilience is a basic attribute on all characters. It changes with levels, but even at level 1 there is 40% resi.

So OP was hit, and the killer/attacker canceled combat before they could be seen, it results in the attack not showing up on combat log, for example, if you land an attack on someone with 1% HP, and you either die or feign death, vanish, etc, it will say to you what you used, but it won't show to your enemy what happen; this was often the case for many players in a pvp setting; as well as duel deaths.
    The only way to combat these guys is to get them out of an invisible state. With enough damage, you can force them out easily, but seeing OP is a low level himself, there is no way he can take on a 90, let alone a few of them.
    Seems like a bug. I will test/research and report to staff what I find.

From my understanding, whenever they wisp people, they immediately go back into DND, but like what I said before, if you know them or they know you, they speak to you freely, if you know the message they put out in dead chat zones (Twisting Nether for example), you can easily track them by saying the same message on normal global, and final accessing their world on Northend. They're often triggered by unfair fights (ganking or grieving), anyone who uses CE, or any who is caught in Uldum power-leveling, or if your name similar to a guy called "Rflow".

As far as I know, they do have 2 leaders, but I haven't played in a while, all I know is the group head is a lvl 24-29 mage who is unarmed wears a tux, can often be seen in Goldshire or on some random part of Ashenvale, most likely the battlefield. The co-lead is horde, an orc war level 10, who is probably the meanest female you will ever come across, last I played she promoted people to make report on the Monk bug regarding healing spheres, which has been used by many before it was fixed.

The only names I can think of tho is a guy named Baregrillz who hangs out in Durotar who is a fanboy of the group, another one called Misco for short, who had since moved to Outland. I remember hearing about a sole lvl 90 pandaren on Wandering Isle, that is geared, being among them. But since the fall of the community and their efforts to help bring it back, there is probably a few of them still present on MOP.
    With all due respect, this is all irrelevant to the discussion of missing damage on combat log. I don't really care much for what the twinking community is up to, as long as we report bugs as we come across them.

Apparently the use of low level items and equipment is seen as cheating in the eyes of a level 90 it seems, like turning into a Tiger with haste being increased greatly for example.

@-Notorious-

Anyways, thats how they and I operate because when the group becomes way too friendly with some random it leads to big problems. DND is mandatory and we stick to custom channel, unless we need to inform someone of something.

The leader never wisp people, he shows up randomly, however,as I said when they need to speak, they do so in wisp or channel based.

The guy just happen to be attack the wrong Horde player in that questing area, and consequences follow suit, like someone getting their main, so to speak.

If it does interest you, we normally have our /camp macro with alchemy pot so we remain unseen other times we combined it with the cape or hide inside a nearby shredder, which hides us completely but unable to attack.

Ashenvale is a treasure trove of goodies.
    All spells and/or abilities should be showing on the combat log. That is the only bug I spoke off. If you are aware of any abilities that are not being logged on the combat log, report them.
    Edited: July 11, 2017

13. What I can tell you is any attack that doesn't have any DoT and used before cancellation of combat reacts this way, so if it is a problem, warmane will have to go through all spells and abilities of players, mobs, bosses, etc since some enemies can do the same thing to a similar degree.

I don't know if you are aware, but it has been this way for years here, cata and older expacs that allows one to immediately cancel/leave combat.

It can be replicated on retail as well.
    So if this is to be dealt with, it will take up a lot of the devs' time.

This goes hand in hand with killing someone in a duel, which can also reward blood coins for killing a friendly.

14. What I can tell you is any attack that doesn't have any DoT and used before cancellation of combat reacts this way, so if it is a problem, warmane will have to go through all spells and abilities of players, mobs, bosses, etc since some enemies can do the same thing to a similar degree.

I don't know if you are aware, but it has been this way for years here, cata and older expacs that allows one to immediately cancel/leave combat.

It can be replicated on retail as well.
    So if this is to be dealt with, it will take up a lot of the devs' time.

This goes hand in hand with killing someone in a duel, which can also reward blood coins for killing a friendly.
    Perhaps you can just report the well known ones? You guys are no stranger to using rogues and hunters classes to do things.

They do. They still die in one shot because of low health. As of MoP resilience is a basic attribute on all characters. It changes with levels, but even at level 1 there is 40% resi.

Seems like a bug. I will test/research and report to staff what I find.

With all due respect, this is all irrelevant to the discussion of missing damage on combat log. I don't really care much for what the twinking community is up to, as long as we report bugs as we come across them. In my mind,they have no resilience because of that, unless they have heirlooms, which sort of makes a bit of a difference, but not so much.

All spells and/or abilities should be showing on the combat log. That is the only bug I spoke off. If you are aware of any abilities that are not being logged on the combat log, report them.
    tbh, I think it is beyond testing, none of us have what they got, some have tried, if anything I suggest messing around with the equipable cloak because seeing Ashenvale, it is the only thing that crosses my mind and lesser invisibility, as for the illusion shadow stuff and other gimmicks, no idea where those came from.

The only reason they exist is due to the twinking community and they originated from this guild: http://armory.warmane.com/guild/Stil...stwolf/summary
    Yes, it is irrelevant, but if you know where they actually came from it helps to even start tracking them down. They DND because they isolate themselves a lot.
    Now seeing this threat makes me want to attempt at looking for them again.

They have only minor resilience, they can't tank a high level attack coming from a 90 player. So any special hit on them will hit them for a crazy amount.
    Edited: July 11, 2017

15. Perhaps you can just report the well known ones? You guys are no stranger to using rogues and hunters classes to do things.

tbh, I think it is beyond testing, none of us have what they got, some have tried, if anything I suggest messing around with the equipable cloak because seeing Ashenvale, it is the only thing that crosses my mind and lesser invisibility, as for the illusion shadow stuff and other gimmicks, no idea where those came from.

The only reason they exist is due to the twinking community and they originated from this guild: http://armory.warmane.com/guild/Stil...stwolf/summary
    Yes, it is irrelevant, but if you know where they actually came from it helps to even start tracking them down. They DND because they isolate themselves a lot.
    Now seeing this threat makes me want to attempt at looking for them again.

They have only minor resilience, they can't tank a high level attack coming from a 90 player. So any special hit on them will hit them for a crazy amount.
    That's not an easy task, unless devs approve of a big list going into one report on bug tracker.
    If anything I can go to ghost world and run a few test since that area is pretty much a playground away from the normal ohase everyone is in.

But ya as mentioned, a majority of spells that dont have dot effrct are not shown on combat log if you are quick to get out of combat.

I'd like to confirm that getting into arena or bg mid attack does the same thing.

12 Last