1. New 70

Ok, so I am a new 70 and new to this server. I play on Outland and am looking for places to get gear. As a hunter and being in America it is hard to find a group that will run with me. I try to do quest to get my rep up but they only take you so far. My dps is low and somehow through out leveling I never got shoulders. Can someone point me in the right direction to get new gear, a good spec for solo and dungeon/raid, while getting ready for Kara.

2. Ok, so I am a new 70 and new to this server. I play on Outland and am looking for places to get gear. As a hunter and being in America it is hard to find a group that will run with me. I try to do quest to get my rep up but they only take you so far. My dps is low and somehow through out leveling I never got shoulders. Can someone point me in the right direction to get new gear, a good spec for solo and dungeon/raid, while getting ready for Kara.
    Hey fellow hunter!

You have few ways to get gear:
    1) Start doing Netherstorm/ShadowmoonValley quests (expecially the Group ones) to get some gear;
    2) With the gold you earn by doing those quests, you can go AH and buy missing pieces: most pre-raid BiS items cost between 150 and 300g;
    3) Go Leatherworking/Skinning and start making your own gear. This takes a bit longer, but may help you earn some money later (selling armor kits and such);
    4) Do some battlegrounds: usually 1-2 PvP items are allowed in raids, but make sure you get those items you couldn't get anywhere else (like if you can't find any decent offset/weapon, take PvP one).

Other than that, you should really do dungeons, even for rep. If you are missing some pieces of gear, you can start from lvl 60-68 dungeons.

And if you are doing low DPS, check some PvE guides on the internet.
    In a nutshell:
    -There are two main rotation, depending on your weapon speed and spec: 1:1 macro (steady shot-autoshot) and 3:2 macro (multishot-autoshot-steadyshot-autoshot-steadyshot-arcaneshot and such). You should be able to use Aspect of the Viper and dish out loads of DPS. If you have some DPS problems, you can try switching between Hawk and Viper.
    -SB Locks will always do more dps than you, good mages can also get near your dps. So if you get outdpsed from other classes, then you can ask yourself why you doing low dps
    -Sometimes you will sacrifice some DPS for trapping mobs (Freeze Trap -> Distracting Shot) to give tank easier time, or to save healers from an enemy

Hope I helped! :)
    Edited: July 11, 2017

3. Hey fellow hunter!

You have few ways to get gear:
    1) Start doing Netherstorm/ShadowmoonValley quests (expecially the Group ones) to get some gear;
    2) With the gold you earn by doing those quests, you can go AH and buy missing pieces: most pre-raid BiS items cost between 150 and 300g;
    3) Go Leatherworking/Skinning and start making your own gear. This takes a bit longer, but may help you earn some money later (selling armor kits and such);
    4) Do some battlegrounds: usually 1-2 PvP items are allowed in raids, but make sure you get those items you couldn't get anywhere else (like if you can't find any decent offset/weapon, take PvP one).

Other than that, you should really do dungeons, even for rep. If you are missing some pieces of gear, you can start from lvl 60-68 dungeons.

And if you are doing low DPS, check some PvE guides on the internet.
    In a nutshell:
    -There are two main rotation, depending on your weapon speed and spec: 1:1 macro (steady shot-autoshot) and 3:2 macro (multishot-autoshot-steadyshot-autoshot-steadyshot-arcaneshot and such). You should be able to use Aspect of the Viper and dish out loads of DPS. If you have some DPS problems, you can try switching between Hawk and Viper.
    -SB Locks will always do more dps than you, good mages can also get near your dps. So if you get outdpsed from other classes, then you can ask yourself why you doing low dps
    -Sometimes you will sacrifice some DPS for trapping mobs (Freeze Trap -> Distracting Shot) to give tank easier time, or to save healers from an enemy

Hope I helped! :)
    I am currently set up as 41/20/0 is there a better spec i could use. I enjoy being able to solo most of the things i get put into but might not work in raids.

4. I am currently set up as 41/20/0 is there a better spec i could use. I enjoy being able to solo most of the things i get put into but might not work in raids.
    Depends on where you are putting those points.

The best BM raiding spec has 4 points in Frenzy and 2 points in the talent that gives you 8% mounted speed and 4% pet hit rating.

You can easily find it online.

With that, you should be able to do loads of DPS.

5. as 41/20

With an Orc Hunter, You can pull 1k DPS in all lvl70 blues with the good macro and using trinket and racial at the right time.