1. battlemaster with haste
    ?????? why would you want a passive haste trinket with health on use? makes no sense

2. Taiaj doesn't proc as often as it should.
    And Belt of merciless killer is bis waist, not Astrylan. Especially if you want to use Taiaj, since it requires a lot of haste.

That aside, did you compare combat dps to assasination dps on single targets, such as DBS and Fester? Is there any chance bis assassination can outdps bis comb?

3. It does proc like intended. Where do u take the information that it dosn'the proc properly?
    I saw that Fluffy already did tests with it and posted a screenshot in the older Assasination guide here on the forum.

4. It does proc like intended. Where do u take the information that it dosn'the proc properly?
    I saw that Fluffy already did tests with it and posted a screenshot in the older Assasination guide here on the forum.
    ^This for real

Taiaj doesn't proc as often as it should.
    That's the last time I actually wasted time on that trinket..

Do the math yourself. Works fine on Mutilate and Envenom, if you don't believe me go and test it out yourself.

And Belt of merciless killer is bis waist, not Astrylan. Especially if you want to use Taiaj, since it requires a lot of haste.
    No it's not better.

That aside, did you compare combat dps to assasination dps on single targets, such as DBS and Fester? Is there any chance bis assassination can outdps bis comb?
    I had hysteria here. So judge it yourself.
    Edited: July 22, 2017

5. Assasination deals more single target constant DMG than Combat.
    Combat has some awesomely strong cooldowns, so by the time Assasin gets close to Combat, after its burst, Combat will have those cooldowns again and get away from Assasination Rogue.

As for belt, i really dont understand how can an item thats 19 levels lower be better... Armor Pen, right? Useless stat, right? I guess buffing 50% of overall DMG u do is a bad thing...

6. Gnimo's assessment is mostly on point.

And while this of course isn't universally applicable, the graph comparing both their DPS represents this nicely too:

Outside of Fluffyinsect's prominent burst phases, Shadowstep's DPS is on par with if not higher than Fluffyinsect's. Fluffyinsect did have Hysteria but he was also on Expose Armor duty, and because Expose Armor only had 62% uptime that set his own DPS back more than it did Shadowstep's. There's probably a whole host of other RNG factors that haven't been accounted for too. Overall it's consistent with the consensus that for a single target DPS comparison, Combat ultimately only edges ahead because of its considerable burst capabilities. That said, Combat is also significantly more gear dependent, with particular emphasis on the weapons and level of Arp, so the further from BiS both rogues are the better the Assassination Rogue will be.

On another note, when the scope of the comparison is extended beyond just Patchwerk bosses, Combat begins to look significantly more attractive when you take into consideration how its DPS will blow an Assassination Rogue out of the water as soon as Blade Flurry's cleave effect comes into play. The capability for obscene amounts of burst in a short and controlled window also translates into useful utility when used for threat transfer via TotT, and also the spec itself brings a raid buff you usually wouldn't want to bring any other spec for.

7. BiS assa rogue should do around ~13.5k steady DPS(All buffs present, haste pot, tott trading) and you simply gotta deal with it. Your "DPS stuck theory" kicks in only after you've mastered the class and got access to BiS gear.
    I'm not BIS assa rogue (Got two BIS Chest and back from Lootship) I do 14-15k DPS on DBS 10/25 mans, I only use Flask and Food haste and no Haste pots (expensive and im broke as hell)
    I have 30% Haste and with Herkuml on. I recently got my TaiJ recently so i havent tried it with 5/5 Relent Strike.

Will update when i'm done

Edit: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary My armory. Feel free to judge
    Edited: July 31, 2017

8. I'm not BIS assa rogue (Got two BIS Chest and back from Lootship) I do 14-15k DPS on DBS 10/25 mans, I only use Flask and Food haste and no Haste pots (expensive and im broke as hell)
    I have 30% Haste and with Herkuml on. I recently got my TaiJ recently so i havent tried it with 5/5 Relent Strike.

Will update when i'm done

Edit: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary My armory. Feel free to judge
    Kinda low dps DPS, if that's with the 30% buff. The 13,5k is meant w/o the buff.

9. Kinda low dps DPS, if that's with the 30% buff. The 13,5k is meant w/o the buff.
    Apparently im ****. Thanks!

PMing you.
    Edited: July 31, 2017

10. Wow this guide is awesome, like insane awesome. I played during retail WotLK and considered my self an expert on rogue gameplay at the time but this guide really shows just how little the other rogues and I knew at the time haha. Thanks a lot for this.

11. Updated.
    - Added base stats
    - Consumables
    - Cleaned up a bit

12. I recommend the Mutilate addon for assassin rogues.

13. I do understand the benefits of Astrylians but i believe that Vengeful Noose aint that much behind. It does have more arp than astrylian after all.

Astrylian provides more ap + crit rating ( agility is is the same ) while Noose provides more Arp and Haste

Overall i dont find Vengeful noose that much worse than Astrylian. On the contrary if you are aiming for 30% haste i think Noose is the way to go

From current gear i would change Gluth knife --- Falinrush, Herkuml --- Taj and Fur boots N with Fur Boots Hc

Signet of twiligh also messes up with my 30% haste goal kinda
    Edited: May 10, 2019

14. I do understand the benefits of Astrylians but i believe that Vengeful Noose aint that much behind. It does have more arp than astrylian after all.

Astrylian provides more ap + crit rating ( agility is is the same ) while Noose provides more Arp and Haste

Overall i dont find Vengeful noose that much worse than Astrylian. On the contrary if you are aiming for 30% haste i think Noose is the way to go

My armory is http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

From current gear i would change Gluth knife --- Falinrush, Herkuml --- Taj and Fur boots N with Fur Boots Hc

Signet of twiligh also messes up with my 30% haste goal kinda
    If we compare those 2 items, crit outweighs the haste stat. Raw crit benefits poison(spell) crit chance and normal crit chance.

Also Astrylians has 60 more AP. The 6 less ARP is negligible. So 1.96% crit vs 1.95% haste. Crit is worth more. And even in raw item stats the 277ivl waist is far superior.

15. Yup as i said i understand astryliian's benefits. Truth is i need both to test the 1.96% crit vs 1.96% haste to see which is more beneficial but i guess you already tested that out.

At that lvl gear we are just playing out with the details tbh. But hey thats what i (we) love assa rogues, precise stat measurement.

First 12345 ... Last