1. Gear-score?

just hit 70 on the toon I plan to actually play. I saw a couple people (only 2 so far) mention Gearscore. One asked me what mine was other was just saying his in chat looking for a group. Is this a thing needed for TBC or no?

2. So basically whoever uses gearscore on tbc is a ****ter.

3. Gear score in TBC is absolutely irrelevant. Because most of your gears will have a lower GS than the higher one for the actual content.

4. Stop using gearscore

If you are using gearscore in TBC, you should pop some cyanide pills.

In all seriousness, there's cases where green items are being better than epics simply because they have stats that some classes/specs benefit a lot more from, expertise for example.

Gearscore tells ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about someone's skill, stats etc. Asking for gearscore means you've reached the pinnacle of stupidity.

I'd advise you to inspect people, not ask them what's their gs, but you wouldn't even know what to look at.

Go back to wrath where you belong.

5. Who forced you to use GS?
    You don't have to use it just because everyone else is, just don't interact with them if they use gs as a requirement for a dungeon / raid. Find a dungeon / raid where people don't use GS.

6. I am not. It's just embarassing when someone's asking for gs.

7. GS is used to filter undergeared, any decent leader will inspect the invitee before starting the raid/dungeon/arena/whatever, and kick whoever used bad items just to improve their gs.

However, if I call LFM and I receive 10 whispers, I'm not gonna inspect them on Armory to see what they have. I expect to know the gearscore so that I don't waste time inspecting.
    Edited: July 13, 2017

8. i agree with Aymus, GS is something that got brought here from ppl playing new wow. Some green items are better than blues or purples like he says because of the plus hit or w/e but gear score wise the nicer color item is higher GS. IMO its much easier and accurate going off of DPS, thats why we have dps meters or bonus healing for instance, entering heroics or kara, if youre a dps that isn't doing at least 700dps then you shouldnt be there, if youre a healer with under 1500bonus heals you shouldnt be there and for tanks its pretty easy to look at a tank and figure that out:p

9. did you know that tbc greens can have as much ilvl as 120, blues 115 and that entry-level epics start at 100 and 105?

10. cause of this post i started using gearscore <3

11. I've seen greens with pure shadowpower spell damage with higher gs than t4. GS works fine for tbc imo. hell, naxx trinkets are only ten GS behind badge trinkets lol

12. I think gearscore is good for telling someone to meet u for an inspect, or not to bother. It does help to a degree to see what content they are at. For example - 2600+ means they are pretty well purple geared. Does this mean that they are capable? No. I have seen mages with healing gear on cause "muh gs" and this is the exception ofc. You still need to properly vet your party/raid.

I do not really like it myself, but it does have its purpose. Feel bad for melee's though once funwell is out. They will still be using DST which is t4 and will make them look bad to those paying attention only to GS lol.

13. In all seriousness, there's cases where green items are being better than epics simply because they have stats that some classes/specs benefit a lot more from, expertise for example.
    Which is also why there's cases where green items give more gearscore than epics

14. I am not. It's just embarassing when someone's asking for gs.
    problem is ppl who dont use gs at this point are a minority, and ppl who use it are also embarassed about ppl who don't
    so thers like 5% embarassed about 95% of ppl and 95% of ppl embarassed about 5% of ppl

123 Last