1. GS is terrible, just healed a shadow labs in 8 green resto pieces using 99% lifebloom.... people that use GS are the ******s avoid those groups.

2. just hit 70 on the toon I plan to actually play. I saw a couple people (only 2 so far) mention Gearscore. One asked me what mine was other was just saying his in chat looking for a group. Is this a thing needed for TBC or no?
    Gearscore means 0 in tbc, if you think otherwise you're a utter noob.

Why? Itemisation and hit play a big role in the performance, plus the skill of the player. Many players run around boasting high gearscore and doing close to half the gearscore damage because they have no clue on items/stats they need or on how to perform with the class.

So no, this is not an easy expansion like wotlk and the rest of the xpacs where Ilvl determines the outcome. I would avoid people who use gearscore.

3. The fact is people need to learn what stats are good, not gearscore... Knowing a Fury Warrior has 1700 ap is a good indication he has good gear, knowing his gearscore means **** all, he could have high gearscore and all of it budgeted to stamina with no enchants and he's 1400ap... Not only that, but as someone mentioned the Revered system naturally filters low geared players from even being able to enter heroics... By the time you farmed revered you probably already have good enough gear.

Gearscore is just a "remove brain" option that someone thought up and came around during late WOTLK, one that during retail times only kiddies who pugged 4 bosses in ICC each week cared about, most good guilds would decline you for talking about gearscore... It's even worse in TBC with all the itemisation being crazy, you have greens that are better than epics.

And you gearscore users who never played retail TBC are just replacing easy and accurate scores (how much hit/crit/ap do you have?) that you cannot fake, for an addon that tells you ****ing nothing by counting stats and slapping on a score with no context. It's dumb, and anyone with a brain can see it's dumb. Stop using it and make this a real TBC experience, not the "i'm 15 years old and I just took a boat over from Icecrown, show me your GS" experience.
    Edited: July 15, 2017

4. People and their reactions to Gearscore are overrated. Gearscore is just a measuring tool and nothing else.

5. People and their reactions to Gearscore are overrated. Gearscore is just a measuring tool and nothing else.
    The issue people have is it's a bad measuring tool, it's not accurate and can be faked (meaning people gear for gearscore while making their chars actually worse).

And there are more accurate systems out there that already exist. If a rogue /w you his AP/hit rating it's pure accurate information. If a tank /w you his health/Armor/defense it's a pure clear indication of the level of his gear, and those stats include gems/enchants.

Why use a measuring tool that is flawed from the ground up? It's pure stupidity.
    Edited: July 15, 2017

6. Why use a measuring tool that is flawed from the ground up?
    To trigger people into petulant tantrums.

7. To trigger people into petulant tantrums.
    And the pot is calling the kettle black.

8. Glad I'm not the only what that is annoyed by that gs bull****. Leave TBC as it was and take your gs crap with you.

9. When deciding to take an EOTS queue, or stay in Warsong, I find it useful to quickly evaluate the party composition of both teams. Also worth looking how geared your own team is. GS allows you to do that without tediously looking at 20 items for a dozen people.

For the purpose of grouping with others, GS can give you a means to approximately size-up someone at glance, and communicate that approximation easily.

That stuff is useful to me. If it's not useful to you, that's okay.

Some of you would do well to remember you shouldn't blame the hammer when an not-smart person is wielding it.

10. When deciding to take an EOTS queue, or stay in Warsong, I find it useful to quickly evaluate the party composition of both teams. Also worth looking how geared your own team is. GS allows you to do that without tediously looking at 20 items for a dozen people.

For the purpose of grouping with others, GS can give you a means to approximately size-up someone at glance, and communicate that approximation easily.

That stuff is useful to me. If it's not useful to you, that's okay.

Some of you would do well to remember you shouldn't blame the hammer when an not-smart person is wielding it.
    what he said!

First 123