1. Survival Hunter PVE

I noticed there's no SV hunt pve guides on warmane, can anyone comment on gearing/stats for it? I know it's not as powerful as MM or BM, but every now and then I see a hunter wearing Bloodsurge and wonder if sp scales like it did a few years ago.

If you've played SV hunter on Wotlk here, can you tell me how to gear for it and what stats to work on? My hunt is BiS MM, with 74% crit fully buffed. Should I go full AP gems or gem agility even though that would give me probably too much crit?

Thanks for the help!

2. SP shouldn't scale. If it does it it a MAJOR bug as SP is three times more powerful than AP and is found en masse on those weapons. This bug is quite common on fresh private servers bug I hope it isn't the case on warname.

IIRC SV scales very well with agi, poorly on arp.

3. I noticed there's no SV hunt pve guides on warmane, can anyone comment on gearing/stats for it? I know it's not as powerful as MM or BM, but every now and then I see a hunter wearing Bloodsurge and wonder if sp scales like it did a few years ago.

If you've played SV hunter on Wotlk here, can you tell me how to gear for it and what stats to work on? My hunt is BiS MM, with 74% crit fully buffed. Should I go full AP gems or gem agility even though that would give me probably too much crit?

Thanks for the help!
    Hunter is one of my favourite classes and I've played all three specs on this server back when it was called Molten-wow unfortunately theres not enough info on survival and its current state on warmane you can give it a smash see what works and what doesn't work but be prepared for people not to accept you in raids.

4. It's pretty fun, but possibly buggy? Lock n Load doesn't really proc off of Black Arrow (maybe once per fight) so I have to cycle in frost trap under boss or adds to proc it every 30 sec. I've been pulling as much dps as MM hunter, but most MM hunters on warmane aren't really good at their class...

Some of the things I'm concerned about are stat caps. Right now I regemmed Agil into nearly every socket, hit rating to hit cap (because I don't have Precision) and arp to 1200 (85% soft cap). Should I bother keeping soft Arp cap, or go full agil even though it puts me at 80-82% crit? With buffs and that 10% crit buff from talents, I end up with ~100% crit which I think is probably overboard. Should I gem AP once I'm at a certain Agil number so as to get a better return on the slot?

I'm playing in BiS MM gear, so need to get t10 pants and Carapace of Forg. Kings. Some guides said DV HC is better than DBW Hc (with sts hc being the other trink), but that depends on what arp cap I should keep for my autos.

As with many less played specs - assassin rogue, enh sham, frost mage, arms war - while they aren't mainstream raiding specs, I'll still do more than half the raid with bis gear. But yes, I joined TFK on my hunt and they didn't believe I was survival so they didn't put a spec on my note lol

5. It's pretty fun, but possibly buggy? Lock n Load doesn't really proc off of Black Arrow (maybe once per fight) so I have to cycle in frost trap under boss or adds to proc it every 30 sec. I've been pulling as much dps as MM hunter, but most MM hunters on warmane aren't really good at their class...

Some of the things I'm concerned about are stat caps. Right now I regemmed Agil into nearly every socket, hit rating to hit cap (because I don't have Precision) and arp to 1200 (85% soft cap). Should I bother keeping soft Arp cap, or go full agil even though it puts me at 80-82% crit? With buffs and that 10% crit buff from talents, I end up with ~100% crit which I think is probably overboard. Should I gem AP once I'm at a certain Agil number so as to get a better return on the slot?

I'm playing in BiS MM gear, so need to get t10 pants and Carapace of Forg. Kings. Some guides said DV HC is better than DBW Hc (with sts hc being the other trink), but that depends on what arp cap I should keep for my autos.

As with many less played specs - assassin rogue, enh sham, frost mage, arms war - while they aren't mainstream raiding specs, I'll still do more than half the raid with bis gear. But yes, I joined TFK on my hunt and they didn't believe I was survival so they didn't put a spec on my note lol
    Your comment is reassuring for those of us who would rather play survival instead of MM.

6. Lock n Load doesn't really proc off of Black Arrow (maybe once per fight)l
    With its proc chance of 6% it's supposed to proc on every 4th application. With a cooldown of 24s-30s, you won't have more than one proc per fight in a common ICC encounter. That's intended.

I've been pulling as much DPS as MM hunter
    SV has an equivalent sustained damage output while lacking the burst abilities of an MM hunter. Even considering you manage to get a Lock'n'Load proc with the pull and use its full potential (e.g. letting ES tick twice before reapplying), you still can't counter Readiness.

Mind to explain why 1200 should be a soft-cap? ArP becomes better the more you have of it. So I'd either go 1400 or get rid of as much ArP as reasonable possible.

And tbh, I'd go 1400.
    If you re-gem, you gain 200 Agility, while lacking 200 ArP (I've socketed 10 gems ArP on my MM gear). At this point you are not hit capped - in BiS MM you have 164 hit, missing 99. You either lose Agility when you gem for hit, or you lose ArP if you change items.
    Yes, Agility is buffed by GBoK while ArP is not. But in the end, you'll still lose more ArP than you gain Agility.

25% of this Agility is converted to AP. 55AP bonus? That's way under 1% of your raid buffed AP.

My hardest hitting abilities as SV are Auto Shots, Explosive Shot, Steady Shot, Aimed Shot - in that order. And except for ES all those abilities scale way better with ArP than they do with Agility and AP.

Edit: According to Rawr
    • ArP is far superior towards Agility at least until 1380. It shifts as soon as you can't make full use of a +20 ArP gem.
    • It's also smarter to get your missing hit rating by shifting your needed points from Hunting Party to Focused Aim. That's also what some retail guides advised.
    • DBW >>>> DV

It's just a common misconception that Agility is the go to stat for an SV Hunter. The spec was competitive till T9 and till this moment ArP was no relevant stat as you couldn't achieve a passive hard cap anyway.
    Edited: July 19, 2017 Reason: RAWR

7. I’ll do it.

I noticed there's no SV hunt pve guides on warmane, can anyone comment on gearing/stats for it? I know it's not as powerful as MM or BM, but every now and then I see a hunter wearing Bloodsurge and wonder if sp scales like it did a few years ago.

Thanks for the help!
    I noticed the lack of survival support aswell, I play survival in my guild heroics and do very well. As for not being better than BM, that’s wrong. SV is very close to MM in dps and some situational fights (dbs for example) SV is better.

I’ll take the time to make a SV guide on my free time at work. I’ll post a link in here when it’s done.

8. The simplest reason for the lack of SV guides, is that MM outscaled SV in ICC, mostly because of its superior scaling with ArP. That said, SV, was consistently the top hunter spec until ICC, and was still fairly competitive in ICC.

9. Viable

https://imgur.com/a/wJYlA

My guide will be up at the end of the week.
    Just hope it helps People get better at it.
    Sick of raid leads acting like I'm coming in as a sub rogue.

10. Thanks for the guide I play both MM and Survival since i gave up PvE.