1. Is rolling a druid tank pointless?

Most people say that druid tanks are useless... that paladins/dks/warrior are much better than druids... Is this true?

2. Very far from the truth. The people who've told you that are either biased or clueless.

3. No, that's just about the pinnacle of ignorance for PVE in this patch.

4. Thank you for the clarification :)

5. druid is op tank easy play easy gear up.
    and if you are night elf can use 3500 armor potion all time with shadowmel

dk tank with dual aura is best imo. especially some noob hunter or fdk in your raid dying every fight. xD
    Edited: July 15, 2017

6. druid is op tank easy play easy gear up.
    and if you are night elf can use 3500 armor potion all time with shadowmel

dk tank with dual aura is best imo. especially some noob hunter or fdk in your raid dying every fight. xD

shadowmeld as tank very op

7. Bear's pretty strong, decent aoe threat and you can basically dps gear your way though dungeons etc

8. Are you kidding me? Bears are arguably the best MT in the game with unmatched effective health if you gear it properly, but they do have weak points like the other tank classes.

9. I've played druid tank on TBC, WOTLK, CATA and Legion, and it is so OP

10. Most people say that druid tanks are useless... that paladins/dks/warrior are much better than druids... Is this true?
    When I decided to make a tanking class. I liked the look and idea of being an bear very much, but, was also scared to make a druid tank for the same reasons, heard they are pretty much terrible. So i made dk, then paladin, made my way with both of them to 6k+, done heroic encounters too. Enjoyed both of them, specially the dk. Recently I made a druid. I was scared in the beggining how will it work out for me, but OHH MYYY GOOOOD, the more i play druid, more enjoyable it becomes. Druid tank also have useful spells for raid, who claim otherwise probably never played and understood a druid. And trust me it is not weaker then pally and dk, personally found it even easier to stay alive in the early gears and encounters and that does not change at harder encounters. It is not hard spec to play and master if you put at least a little bit of time into it. Gear is from my experience even easier to obtain. It has many very useful defensive cd's, combined with really helpful spells for raid. Every tank has it own pros and cons, like any other class in game and any other thing in life. The catch is to learn how to make a use out of them. ;)

Short terms: If you are interested in druid tanking, give it a shot, you wont regret it, i regret only for not trying it earlier.

Best regards.

P.S. That 100k+ healthpool on def cooldowns and 90k+ without, will bring a smile on every face ;) Spec that is totally worth putting effort into.
    Edited: November 28, 2018

11. Druid > DK > Paladin > ___ > Warrior
    when it comes to the main tank choice.

Prot paladin > ___ > ___ > ___ > ___
    when it comes to the off tank choice.

12. Hey, please don't necro-post. If you'd like to discuss the topic, please make a new thread for it.