1. Why not change Frostbrood to Signet of Twilight so you can have the highest possible stats and change those Str gems to ArP? Wouldn't that be better?

Apart from that - yeah, that's pretty much the BiS list for a warrior :D /jelly
    Twilight has lesser stats when you deduct the waste overhit for furies.

2. Twilight has lesser stats when you deduct the waste overhit for furies.
    I thought it was healthy to have more hit than the melee specials cap. The hit is only a "waste" if he's white-capped, otherwise it just has a reduced EP value. He's currently sitting on 5.18% hit + 3% from Precision, which still means he's missing a lot of his whites. So basically what we are comparing here is Frostbrood vs Twilight with >8% hit EP value.

But I need a spreadsheet for that...

3. Taking Landsoul's Spreadsheet, the difference between the two rings is about 50dps, favouring the VDW ring.

The value of hit is about .25, crit ~.76 and haste ~.83

4. Thank you, Bensten! :) Bastardbottle, you were right then.

5. I thought it was healthy to have more hit than the melee specials cap. The hit is only a "waste" if he's white-capped, otherwise it just has a reduced EP value. He's currently sitting on 5.18% hit + 3% from Precision, which still means he's missing a lot of his whites. So basically what we are comparing here is Frostbrood vs Twilight with >8% hit EP value.

But I need a spreadsheet for that...
    You have a point but its even lesser value since heroic strike covers a part of whites and melee' curse glancing.

6. True, any other dual wielder will benefit a lot from the extra hit. warrs are the only DWs who have a lesser value due to HS as Bastardbottle mentioned.

7. Hey Guys,

Between Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak VS Vereesa's Dexterity and Umbrage Armbands VS Toskk's Wristbands which two will you use?
    I just did a few comparisons on Landsoul's Spreadsheet and Shadow + Umbrage still comes out on top (overall dps) despite the 6 extra strength gems that Vereesa + Toskk will give you.

It is still the haste issue but a dps breakdown will show that HS, Cleave and Deep Wounds will generally do more damage while BT, WW will do a bit less (Slam is still the same).

Any thoughts?

8. Math usually doesn't lie. IMO, even 1 DPS difference justifies a different itemization. However, you'll never be able to actually see this difference in any raid scenario. Take whatever items you can get your hands on.

9. Hey Guys,

Between Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak VS Vereesa's Dexterity and Umbrage Armbands VS Toskk's Wristbands which two will you use?
    I just did a few comparisons on Landsoul's Spreadsheet and Shadow + Umbrage still comes out on top (overall dps) despite the 6 extra strength gems that Vereesa + Toskk will give you.

It is still the haste issue but a dps breakdown will show that HS, Cleave and Deep Wounds will generally do more damage while BT, WW will do a bit less (Slam is still the same).

Any thoughts?
    Highest I got on Landsoul's was TOGC cloak + Umbrage. Toskk's is of course more useful while still gearing up, because Umbrage requires that you have a lot of excess Arp before it becomes usable.

Nonetheless, Umbrage should net you higher spreadsheet DPS most of the time once the rest of your gear is BiS too. The reason for this is that Haste's stat value is high enough for the extra Haste you gain to more than make up for the lost Str. And consider that in most situations where Cleaving is involved, Haste's value increases more than Str's does.

10. Highest I got on Landsoul's was TOGC cloak + Umbrage. Toskk's is of course more useful while still gearing up, because Umbrage requires that you have a lot of excess Arp before it becomes usable.

Nonetheless, Umbrage should net you higher spreadsheet DPS most of the time once the rest of your gear is BiS too. The reason for this is that Haste's stat value is high enough for the extra Haste you gain to more than make up for the lost Str. And consider that in most situations where Cleaving is involved, Haste's value increases more than Str's does.
    What about Engineering 12secs/min hastebonus? Would that still make umbrace superior in BiS?

11. Highest I got on Landsoul's was TOGC cloak + Umbrage. Toskk's is of course more useful while still gearing up, because Umbrage requires that you have a lot of excess Arp before it becomes usable.

you were able to get a higher DPS using Vereesa + Umbarge? I wonder how you got it. I couldn't..

12. you were able to get a higher DPS using Vereesa + Umbarge? I wonder how you got it. I couldn't..
    Did you change food accordingly? The standard value on Landsoul's is +40ArP. That's one source of error when opting for 1400ArP and then changing certain items.

13. Yeah I did, I made two sheets and compare them side by side.

14. Engineering as profession

1400arp, 170hit, togc back + umbrage - 18910dps
    1397arp, 170 hit, gsb back + umbrage - 18894dps

edit: depending on your class the numbers differ (getting more as orc), but the difference between the cloaks, when going for hit cap and arp as near as possible towards 1400, stays 16dps.
    Edited: July 28, 2017

First 12