1. If it's hard to get Conquest Catch up system working, maybe try with CP reset twice a week instead just once. Or at least try it for 1 season to see if it will have some positive results.

2. If it's hard to get Conquest Catch up system working, maybe try with CP reset twice a week instead just once. Or at least try it for 1 season to see if it will have some positive results.
    I absolutely agree with two resets a week for a season or so, it's not exactly blizz-like but Warmane may as well write off their standards once for the sake of the realm and make it happen.

3. Notorious had suggested a feasible system for Catch Up mechanism which Proterean said was doable, although he did say some changes would be needed to accommodate the characteristics of a private server. So, I don't think it's the technical details of the Catch Up mechanics they're concerned about, but whether to implement the system at all. Now, months past, it seems they either still haven't reached a decision on that, or decided not to do it without giving a reason why; either of which being harmful to the realm.

4. I leveled a toon just so I can check this, a few weeks ago. I was in queue the entire time during leveling. When I reached 85, I simply sat in que without leveling and that was when I first saw queue pop. It took 10+ minutes in the 85-89 lvl range. I only did 2-3. And this was with a hunter named Twitchtv /w everyone in that level range to join BGs. I didn't try Arena though.
    Probably the 85-89 don't have an issue that the lower brackets are suffering from. But the more it is done, the more CP and the faster the cap.
    The gains are insane at non-90 BGs tho, seems like the most logical way to go as a substitute for catch-up.

Right now the 70s are trying to get their issue fixed and if that happens, the fix will resolved everything through all brackets, and when that happens you will probably see more trafficking for your bracket 85-89 or among the lower ones.

All I can say the honor and cp capping is vastly different compared to 90s. Faster :)

5. Probably the 85-89 don't have an issue that the lower brackets are suffering from. But the more it is done, the more CP and the faster the cap.
    The gains are insane at non-90 BGs tho, seems like the most logical way to go as a substitute for catch-up.

Right now the 70s are trying to get their issue fixed and if that happens, the fix will resolved everything through all brackets, and when that happens you will probably see more trafficking for your bracket 85-89 or among the lower ones.

All I can say the honor and cp capping is vastly different compared to 90s. Faster :)
    I do not understand this claim of gearing faster below 90. Do BGs and/or arenas offer more CP per game? If not, how is it any different than queueing at 90?

Regardless, you're missing the point. People don't want to PvP in a twink level range. Especially those that are high level players from retail. They want to play on level 90 like they have always done in MoP. There is no "substituting" for something that Blizzard put in the game for a very strong reason. There are 4 tiers of PvE gear in this expansion. The gap between the two tiers of PvP gear is massive. To cover this gap, Blizzard created Conquest Catch-up. I didn't just randomly come up with a function that wasn't needed, I merely raised the point that something Blizzard created for a reason is missing here, and it is severely hurting our PvP environment. We've lost almost all top level players, and we can't even get new ones because they don't want to waste their time playing 550 players in sub-522 gear.

6. To continue the discussion about Conquest catch up system, i am copying what i wrote on the subject on a previous thread. I was pointing out a few things a staff member said about conquest catch up that i dont agree on.

The formula itself works like this (x*1000)-Y where the X is the weeks of the season (Warmane Arena season) and Y being the conquest already earned in the season. This is how the mechanic itself works. It's based on seasons, not patch.

But looking at this, it only makes us think that it will benefit the lazy or the ones that are not playing at all and itself it does not promote active gameplay but rather a safe net for those who can't or don't want to play.
    In fact, i think its quite the opposite. The system right now isn't blizzlike and promotes lazyness. If you are new here, you will just log once every week to cap for 1 hour and then you will not play the rest of the week until you can be competitive for high rated arena with a decent item level. With the blizzlike system, you can be competitive faster and actually play the game by jumping into high rated arena without waiting 2-3 months.

Also, it comes to our mind that the gearing is already fairly easy in MoP and we can't help but wonder if by even thinking to do this, we are making the game too easy.
    Nobody would ever say that gearing is hard, it is just pointlessly long on frostwolf. Having a catch up system provides the same difficulty as not having one, it is just as i said faster to play the real game. Gearing isn't hard or easy, these words are irrelevant to gearing up. It is just way too long for nothing. This is why being stuck at around 2200+ cp every week is frustrating, it is pointless.

7. What about now, after season reset?

8. Still no word on catchup/solution to gearing problem. Of course, there has to be some goal for PvP players to reach in a longer time, but I'd rather it be a good arena ranking, than 3 months of capping CP every week to avoid getting twoshot.

9. The conquest catch-up is on the development team's agenda and it is planned to be implemented soon. Emphasis on the soon, as in sooner than usual "soon" term.

P.S.

We are thinking about creating a full blown tournament on Frostwolf at the end of the season featuring the top players on the ladder with rewards, streaming and all that.

10. We are thinking about creating a full blown tournament on Frostwolf at the end of the season featuring the top players on the ladder with rewards, streaming and all that.
    Our MoP competition collectively just shat their pants. Can you please make a big announcement and hype it so we can promote the tournament on the other server's forums and other places. Would help if you can call it "First tournament" so that it implies there will be more (people that come to realm will be unlikely to come for a tournament they can't participate in. If we make it a seasonal thing, they are more likely to be interested)

11. at the end of the season
    First we need a consistent Season duration.

Season 2: 4 months 4 days
    Season 3: 3 months 1 day (??)
    Season 4: 4 months 8 days
    Season 5: 4 months 2 days
    Season 6: 4 months 3 days
    Season 7: 2 months 27 days (????)
    Season 8: 4 months 26 days (???)

Imo, 4 months sharp is the best of both worlds.

12. I'm more optimistic about Frostwolf's future now than I've been in a long time. The devs deserve a lot of credit and thanks.

First 123 Last