1. Split the global chat three ways.

TBC and WOTLK: Split the global chat channels into three different channels.

I have been bothered a lot lately, especially on Icecrown which has the largest population in WOTLK. The global chat is constantly being spammed with mixed stuff, raid, dungeons, quests, guild recruitment, trade, coins, characters and EU>US off-topic discussions.

What I suggest to this community is to split the global channel. The reason is that it is constantly being spammed by trolls and various different things i'm not interested in. It would be much easier to trade and look for a group if we made three different channels:
    - Trade: Coins, characters, items and that stuff. If possible make a fourth channel just for the coins and website store.
    - LFG: Raids, dungeons, quests, guild recruitment.
    - World: For random discussions.

I think the normal player would get the best overall experience if Trade and LFG were moderated by GMs to get rid of all the toxicity and stuff that doesn't belong on there. Making a separate channel for chit-chat could make a good solution to the problem.
    Edited: July 20, 2017

2. If the people reading like this idea, please leave a reply so that the staff team may see this! Comment what you think!

3. As I know, there actually are those options in the game. There are various chats, it's just that people "Favor" to use global for trading and LFG, if you check yourself, you can see there are sub-channels like trade and LFG. As for gm's checking channels, that would not be in their job to do so. Technically it's Community's Manager team that has to deal with that. As to change your chat tho, you can use addons like Chatter to keep it simple, nice and organized for you.

4. Best way to fix global chat yourself is to just /ignore everyone spamming for guild recruitment. That usually takes up 90% of the global channel. Every 10 seconds someone posts a paragraph long guild recruitment post. Once you filter all those out, global becomes very useful and not at all frustrating.

5. Best way to fix global chat yourself is to just /ignore everyone spamming for guild recruitment. That usually takes up 90% of the global channel. Every 10 seconds someone posts a paragraph long guild recruitment post. Once you filter all those out, global becomes very useful and not at all frustrating.
    Ignoring a bunch of people wont work in the long run since the max amount of people ignored is 49.

6. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=309371
    download this

or get ignoremore addon :) got half of the server on ignore and I like it.

7. Ignoring a bunch of people wont work in the long run since the max amount of people ignored is 49.
    Have 3158 scrubs in the ignore list and it goes on.
    Ignore More is a mandatory to play here.

1. Ignore all guild recruitments - only *****s doing that in the global chat.
    2. ignore all character sellers - only *****s doing that in the global chat.
    3. Ignore all mongols spamming on thу foreighn language - nothing to comment.

And your global chat will be a pleasure to read.
    Edited: July 27, 2017

8. Ignoring is still not a good solution since it might block information I would be interested in such as LFM and trade.

9. if Trade and LFG were moderated by GMs
    Your suggestion crumbles at this point. It relies on that, and that's not going to happen. Our GMs are a limited number of people, responsible for tending to all our servers, and their time is better used dealing with tickets and assisting players, not with moderating chats when there is an available option to ignore the ones causing trouble.

10. Will this ever happen? Maybe make it 5, 1 for global, 1 for ingame trade, 1 for char coin and gold selling and 1 for raids/dungeons and 1 for guilds

11. Well I use trade for services and global only for LFG- I have global as a seperate tab altogether from my other chat channels due to spam. Doesn't really bother me tbh