1. Holy paladin damage way off?

I just had an interesting encounter in shadowmoon valley. It included a holy paladin critting me for 2611 holy shock and 2496 judgment on 236 resi.

It may just be me, but that seems waaaaay too high for holy paladins to be doing anywhere near those numbers. And it seemed like my resilience got ignored aswell, as he hit me for 1240 with his previous judgement.

My memory may be way off, but shouldn't judgment of the rigtheous only crit for 150% damage? And nowhere near those numbers. The holyshock seems insanely high aswell, but I never really played holy paladin so can't speak for that.

Posting here to maybe get some insight to figure out if I should make a bug report or not.

http://imgur.com/a/BTvSv
    http://imgur.com/L6l570C

2. Even pristine memories will be inaccurate.

This server is (mostly) running patch 2.4. Resilience is altered, talents are altered, etc.

3. I'm not saying my memories are accurate, but my resilience seems to be ignored, since the judgment is even doing more than twice the damage of the previous hit, while the crit damage should've been reduced by 11.97%.

The damage itself still seems way too high.

Judgment of the crusader increases holy damage by 219, the base damage of judgment of righteousness is 208-229. + 15% from improved thats 263 max damage

The paladin in question has 601 spell damage on the armory.

assuming his judgment did the maximum damage he would do 219+263 = 482 damage at base

Even if the spell should get a 100% coefficient (it shouldn't) then at max the judgment should do 1083 damage at the most noncrit. He was doing 1240. The combatlog said nothing about a popped trinket, but assuming he popped his Icon of the silver cresent which is + 155 damage he would do 1238.

It seems his spell is getting 100% spell damage, which is too much. Either that or something else is wrong.
    Edited: July 17, 2017

4. It's a Shockadin. You forgot talents:

5/5 ISoR: +15% dmg to Seal of Righteousness and Judgement of Righteousness
    1/1 Sanctity Aura: +10% holy dmg
    5/5 Holy Guidance: 35% of your Intellect becomes spelldmg

Therefore his Holy Spelldmg:
    606 from items (based on the armory at the time of writing this)
    152 from Holy Guidance
    154 trinket pop
    219 Judgement of the Crusader on target
    ___
    1131 total holy spelldmg

JoR is 162-179 (170 avg) holy damage. It should have 71,43% scaling, so 807 bonus damage.

(170 + 807) * 1,15 (ISoR) * 1,1 (aura) = 1235. You got hit for 1240, seems working as intended.

5. It's a Shockadin.
    Can confirm. Vindication is in the combat log.

6. shouldn't judgment of the rigtheous only crit for 150% damage?
    Judgements are considered as unavoidable melee abilities, not spells.

7. You're right I've forgotten to account for talents.

@ Judgments, I was not aware that other judgments than JoC and JoB were treated as melee. Guess I need to find me a shockadin to play with

8. Yeah, it's completely unfair against any melee classes because they can't be dodged, blocked or parried, but they can't be resisted either because they deal holy damage, and they crit for x2 damage. On TBC that's okay because judgements are a big part of a paladin's gameplay. On WotLK, however, where judgements would crit for 5-10k, in addition to paladins already having other strong abilities, it's just broken and unfair. And it's the reason why pallys win most outdoor PvPs during leveling and all that - because they already have a huge mechanics advantage and they don't even need to do anything to use it, except for clicking one button every 6 seconds.

But that's just Blizzard...

9. Yeah, it's completely unfair against any melee classes because they can't be dodged, blocked or parried, but they can't be resisted either because they deal holy damage, and they crit for x2 damage. On TBC that's okay because judgements are a big part of a paladin's gameplay. On WotLK, however, where judgements would crit for 5-10k, in addition to paladins already having other strong abilities, it's just broken and unfair. And it's the reason why pallys win most outdoor PvPs during leveling and all that - because they already have a huge mechanics advantage and they don't even need to do anything to use it, except for clicking one button every 6 seconds.

But that's just Blizzard...
    You say that, but the class is also one of the few that suffers from blanket silences, disarms and single spell schools all at the same time. If not the only one.

10. Yeah, it's completely unfair against any melee classes because they can't be dodged, blocked or parried, but they can't be resisted either because they deal holy damage, and they crit for x2 damage.
    Judgement of Command can still get resisted. It uses melee crit rating to determine critical hits, but it uses spell hit to determine hits/misses. Judgement of Righteousness/Vengeance can get resisted too, those are default spells.

You say that, but the class is also one of the few that suffers from blanket silences, disarms and single spell schools all at the same time. If not the only one.
    It's not really the silence that hurts, but rather a landed interrupt (Earth Shock, Counterspell) to their holy spell. Shockadins also suffer from purge/dispel magic. If you keep their Seal purged, his damage amounts to 100 dmg white hits, holy shock once every 15 seconds and judgement once every 8 seconds, and you can't really kill anything with that. PS: just don't stay in the holy farts :D

Retribution pallys are vulnerable to disarm for similar reasons. While they can destroy you while silenced/interrupted, disarm disables their Crusader Strike and all that's left is judgement once every 8s.

That being said, being a Shockadin is truly satisfying :P Watch this creative use of a niche trinket:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDvMLuvERFM
    Edited: July 24, 2017

11. You say that, but the class is also one of the few that suffers from blanket silences, disarms and single spell schools all at the same time. If not the only one.
    Well, that's what u get for playing a dumass class which is just judgements and autos for the most part. TBC was the time when I hated paladins the most. They're just dumb - dumb to play as, dumb to play against. Not hard, just dumb - I feel stupid playing as and against a paladin on TBC.