1. New Intriguing (or not) mechanical question about AMS

Anti-Magic Shell says that it prevents magical effects from being cast on the DK. So this means that not only does magic damage (from spells like frostbolt etc) gets absorbed by the shell, you can also not be polymorphed, dragonbreathed.

I've also noticed that warlock stun (the AOE one) is a magic effect, which means AMS absorbs it. My question is which other stuns are such "magical effect". I would assume all the rogue and feral stuns are physical. But is paladin's stun and repentence magical effects ? Or can they not be absorbed by AMS?

Also question about knockbacks. Obviously shaman's and Fmage's knockback are magical effects but they still work on the DK who has AMS on.. What's up with that ?

TL.DR. Which magical effects (polly, clone...) do get absorbed and which do NOT get absorbed by AMS? And Why do knockbacks still knock you back?

2. paladins stuns are absorbed

about knockbacks, i think it's bug

you absorb every magical dmg" idk about warlocks chaos bolt", fear, poly etc

3. Nothing better to pop AMS instantly against a baddie paladin and you see that "Immune" immediately. But yeah I still find it weird that you get knocked back by Shamans Thunderstorm. I know it was the same on retail but feels like bad logic from Blizzard.

4. Thanks exactly what i'm talking about , as far as the definition of "magic effect" goes, some lightning hitting the ground out of nowhere and throwing you away is most certainly the one :D that is why I included it into the question. Cuz logically it shouldn't , I haven't had too many encounters with firemages but as far as i remember their knockback skill works on AMS as well ...

5. Knockouts do get the effect yes, but you won't be slowed after that tho so that is how it simply works. As for What AMS absorbs and what not the lads answered most of them, chaos bolt however will hit thru. You can't get silenced in ams naturally aswell, rogues poisons can't be applied on ams too.

6. I assume AMS doesn't block knockbacks because they're applied as separate effects that don't belong to any spell schools. All the knockback spells are just a regular spell with a secondary knockback effect tacked on. Elemental damage gets blocked, secondary knockback effect that isn't a spell doesn't, ergo you still go flying into the nether, but at least now you know why.
    Edited: July 21, 2017