1. Texture Upgrade sugestion

I tried searching for older posts but could not really find anything so here goes:

Suggestion 1)
    A lot of ppl have really high end machines that can handle much larger textures than those Wotlk has to offer. I don't know if this is even possible at all, but if it is, how about revamping the world textures (buildings/ground etc) in the client with the new models. Obviously this would take a lot of work from ppl that like moding and stuff, but just take a look at the ppl doing similar texture mods for Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim. It's 100% certain that if messing with the client in that way is even doable in the first place, then someone will find it fun to do this. It's a well known fact that many zones have not aged well, both graphically and design-wise, compared with newer ones, and since none of us wants to see changes in the gameplay/design of the game, we could at least update its world textures, or even it's meshes (to be less hexagonical, with more polygons and the like), in the same spirit of introducing the WoD 3D character models.

Suggestion 2)
    If introducing new world textures is impossible, then maybe reusing textures that already *exist* in the game is possible(?): Lots and lots of ppl like Wrath of the Lich King's gameplay (as opposed with Cataclysm), but hate the way Orcish and/or Undead architecture looks and feels in the pre Cataclysm expansions. Well, the matter of fact is that cataclysm textures already *exist* in the game - they are used all over Northrend. With just some tweaking in the client (provided that the staff has access to the files that govern which wall/roof type uses which wall/roof texture, or even by simply overwriting the old textures with the new ones), the old Orgrimmar buildings would look like the orcish ones of Northrend, and so this way, would at least breath some new "graphical life", so to speak, in the game.

Of course this could be done with alliance architecture textures and the like. I just though horde's Azeroth textures look a metric ton more "is that city even trying to look orcish?" than the alliance ones. And this upgrade would touch nothing as far as gameplay is concerned.

Food for thought.
    Edited: July 19, 2017

2. Well, I knew that there were some old graphics mods out there, but I was under the impression that manually modifying the game client is not allowed(?)
    Cool mod by the way, thanx for the suggestion. Apparently the two of us may be the only ones that care how the game looks :P