1. Does pve gear scale down in pvp?

I have heard that pve gear/trinkets are suppose to be scaled down in pvp instances (bgs,arenas). But I am not sure if this is applied in the server.
    I asked some players ingame but they did not give me a clear answer and my gaming experience in the past has shown me that most abuses are never spoken of...
    So I am asking on the forums if it is working as intended?

Proof that this isn't random bs:
    "better than a pve weapon as pve items are scaled down to 540."
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/13272407606

Other mentions of scaling down to 540ilvl
    "blizzard noticed it too during MoP and implemented systems late in the aforementioned expansion specifically to combat the issue (scaling pve gear down to 540 in pvp)"
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/16646674729

"Since I believe PvE gear ilvl scales down to 540 in BGS/Arena/RBGS "
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ar-vs-Grievous

"Also, while in PvP zones, PvE gear has it's item level CAPPED; not sure what it's at right now (probably about 540)"
    https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/5349...craft/69297303

2. All PvE gear except Heroic SoO I have tested and can confirm scales down. I haven't tested Heroic SoO gear, but I imagine it does scale down.

There is reason to believe that SoO trinkets are meant to scale down more than just to ilvl 540. There is some evidence showing SoO trinkets should have all values (both stats given, and procs) should be divided by 3. I haven't had the chance to gather everything to report the bug yet, as I've been lazy, but when the issue starts affecting arenas, I'll put the time into it I'm sure.

3. Ah ok, thanks for your reply. I am reassured now.
    Whenever I will have some spare time I will also try to investigate the matter of SoO gear and trinkets.

4. I've never tested it aswell, but I'm pretty sure some trinkets doesn't, since I've seen people using it in bgs. What I think it's even more stupid is trinkets like voodoo and kidnapped puppies being bugged as ****. If Heroic SoO trinkets really don't downscale in bgs, you can at least understand why people deal so much damage with them, but the ones I mentioned before are just stupid

5. I've never tested it aswell, but I'm pretty sure some trinkets doesn't, since I've seen people using it in bgs. What I think it's even more stupid is trinkets like voodoo and kidnapped puppies being bugged as ****. If Heroic SoO trinkets really don't downscale in bgs, you can at least understand why people deal so much damage with them, but the ones I mentioned before are just stupid
    I tested both gear and trinkets(exception SoO HC trinkets) and my conclusion is that gear does scale down drastically and so do trinkets in instanced PvP. Based on experience, gear scales down in all forms of instanced PvP but trinkets are situational and can be manipulated to not scale down. End game trinkets can be kinda glitchy and there are a few work arounds to the scaling mechanism that using PvE trinkets was far more beneficial in 2v2 settings than PvP trinkets. Note that this can only be done with trinkets(hence the mass number of players using PvE trinkets in PvP). Bad Juju is way less powerful compared to some other trinkets.

The Crate of Kidnapped Puppies and similar trinkets were technically allowed in BG's but not in Raids as seen in various battlenet forums and reddit(http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...dps-boost.html). The only issue with those trinkets here are that they can be used in raids as well. Major issue is they dont hit for 850x5(4250dps/4.250k dps as mentioned in the comments sections (http://www.wowhead.com/item=86570/cr...ppies#comments) but for a swing of 7k-12k depending on armor types and critting for 15k-20k. Assuming they do hit for 10k average every 2 seconds, it is a 5k swing/sec times 5(5 puppies are spawned) = a 25k dps boost for 10 mins(Inside instanced PvP). This is most obviously an exploit.
    Edited: July 20, 2017

6. @AquerinIsGay, I just don't want pve gear/trinkets to affect pvp the way it wasn't intended. (hence scaling down q_q)

@RagnarTheGreat, "gear scales down in all forms of instanced PvP but trinkets are situational and can be manipulated to not scale down."
    could you give me a few example so I can try to report them? Or you can report them. I know of one major exploit that can be done but I have not yet reported.
    I am gathering some information and well I know that for one of those trinkets (forgot name but I will look it up after). The npc was not level 90 even if the Warrior that summoned him was level 90 SO.. I could assume that some of those npc's should not level up to 90 making their damage scale as well maybe?

And to any Admin that might see this forum topic as "against the rules": Please understand that we are just trying to investigate possible/abusing matters since alone I am not skilled enough to look up all the data / come to conclusions and report them etc. Most abusers will most likely never report any fishy stuff themselves and some of them might not even realize that something is not working as intended.
    Edited: July 22, 2017

7. @moonsad0 Yea, I also want these items to work the way they should in pvp, I just mentioned what I considered priority

And pparently they fixed The Crate of Kidnapped Puppies. The puppies disappear when I change trinket now, although they still hit like a truck and have 600k hp. Not a 100% fix but a start, I guess

8. And pparently they fixed The Crate of Kidnapped Puppies. The puppies disappear when I change trinket now, although they still hit like a truck and have 600k hp. Not a 100% fix but a start, I guess
    That is awesome news, hope you're correct. And I disagree about it not being a 100% fix. The puppies hit hard, but not so hard that it makes sense to give up wearing 2 pvp trinkets in bgs, with the +5k resil bonus that involves in addition to the agility, intellect, etc you get with the pvp trinket.

If someone wants to actually wear a kidnapped puppy trinket DURING a bg, then I think he's making a dumb choice. My problem was with the fact that you could summon the puppies before the bg and then just put your regular pvp trinkets back on during the bg.

Thanks for the fix, devs.

9. That is awesome news, hope you're correct. And I disagree about it not being a 100% fix. The puppies hit hard, but not so hard that it makes sense to give up wearing 2 pvp trinkets in bgs, with the +5k resil bonus that involves in addition to the agility, intellect, etc you get with the pvp trinket.

If someone wants to actually wear a kidnapped puppy trinket DURING a bg, then I think he's making a dumb choice. My problem was with the fact that you could summon the puppies before the bg and then just put your regular pvp trinkets back on during the bg.

BINGO you read my mind! It's not 100% fixed.

10. BINGO you read my mind! It's not 100% fixed.
    I'm not sure we agree. Do you think it's still worth using the trinket if you have to give up a pvp dps trinket and 5k resil? I really don't think so, so I think this fix removes the trinket as a real problem. Sure, you may still see some guys using it, but they will be giving up a lot to do so. Not sure from your post whether you agree or disagree with that.

11. I think this fixes quite a bit of issues for the "NPC,s summoning trinkets" before you could possibly see people use ALL the trinkets that would summon every possible NPC then equip their PvP trinkets.
    So to whoever made this fix BRAVO to them it was a troubling issue in some bg's. Of course the problem may not be totally fixed but its a good start.
    One more thing to Admins. You should really consider writing more Changelog's for mop so that people that already play mop or who would want to play it knows that fixes are happening and yes not everywhere but they are happening. People tend to remember more negative stuff, I do too but when something good is done you need to take credit for it.
    On another note I have seen more and more people with SoO trinket's. I will try to screenshot the names of the item's that are "popular" to see if they are being well scaled.

12. That is awesome news, hope you're correct. And I disagree about it not being a 100% fix. The puppies hit hard, but not so hard that it makes sense to give up wearing 2 pvp trinkets in bgs, with the +5k resil bonus that involves in addition to the agility, intellect, etc you get with the pvp trinket.

I also think that people will stop using it in bgs, but the point is that the trinket is still not working as intended. Don't get me wrong, I'm also happy with it, but we can't deny that it's not a 100% fix

13. Sadly, the system can be tricked. So half the time the downscaling doesn't work.

14. @Huntersmark Can you explain how the system can be tricked so the devs can take a closer look at it with more information
    Thanks

15. Sadly, the system can be tricked. So half the time the downscaling doesn't work.
    Don't think this is true at all. If you have any proof of this happening, feel free to PM me and I'll report it to QA, or you can do so yourself.

SoO heroic items were not being downscaled if a certain thing was done. The effect of the failure to downscale was pretty minimal though, and I reported it to QA, so it should be fixed soon.

12 Last