1. I am not sure with this sp scalling is same like increases damage :), inci got higer base dmg with immo, next you got in raid fire mage 15% boost aganist 10% sh priest, lower mana cost(but need cast immo+confg), now in raid with same eq+- fire vs shadow i win only when i got hard dominate is morogrim(seeds)

2. it means that fire will become progressively worse the more geared you become as you scale worse with spellpower (and crit)

3. yea with this i agreed, as i said need saw in t5+

4. http://web.archive.org/web/200812181...ng_compendium/

tl;dr everything fire scales to ****; incinerate has the same sp scaling as sbolt jk no isb so 20% less dps while immo scales to absolute utter dog**** with crit, play isb if you have gear
    Nice Selaya, I didn't think those old EJ theory crafting forums still existed. That's awesome. I may nerd out on this tonight.

@ poepinjehoofd My only problem with some spreadsheet is that anyone can put anything into a spreadsheet. Hell, I can make my own spreadsheet if I want but I have no sure way to vet my own numbers. The post she linked is from what was considered during retail the compendium of all knowledge concerning warlocks while the expansion was live on retail.

5. The spreadsheet I linked is the same one that's linked in the EJ Warlock thread in the section tools for measuring DPS (Leulier), as far as I know the link I gave is the only place where this spreadsheet can still be found on the internet. The only inaccuracies I have found in it are that it does not use the Emberstorm Incinerate spellcasting reduction (so it underestimates Fire Destro damage) and that it has no support for the Improved Succubus talent (so it underestimates 0/40/21 damage). Another downside is that you have to average out your Spell Haste procs (like Quags eye and Bloodlust) but other than that I think it's a great way to compare specs and to calculate your stat weights.

6. thats because Emberstorm Incinerate spellcasting reduction's a fairly late 2.4 change so it might just not have made the spreadsheet
    in any case even a single point of haste will just completely **** over firedestro as you'll be either clipping immos, doing unbuffed incinerates or waiting so firedestro is kinda useless to begin with

7. Well to be fair I think Fire Destro can be better than Shadow, but only under a specific set of circumstances. I think that in 25 mans Shadow is always better because you will have a Shadow Priest and other Warlocks, your ISB addition will be a raid benefit. But if you are running 10 mans and you always have a Fire Mage but never a Shadow Priest then I think it's very well possible for Fire Destro to be better. Might do some maths on this later but I don't have time for it today, it's an interesting scenario to think about.
    Did some math a couple years ago on the use of Incinerate as Felguard for example and I found that if there is no SP, no other lock and there is a Fire Mage that it's better for personal DPS to use Incinerate if your Shadow and Fire damage are equal. These kinds of scenarios are too circumstantial IMO to be of any practical use but still it's fun to think about ;)
    Edited: July 22, 2017

8. as long as you dont have to clip immos/do unbuffed incinerates it probably is, but if you have to do that it's likely not better than isb

also, losing all your defensives :^]

9. as long as you dont have to clip immos/do unbuffed incinerates it probably is, but if you have to do that it's likely not better than isb

also, losing all your defensives :^]
    yea if my immo resist its hurts, but you forgot when you moving in encouter immo tick+conf so you dont have ,,deadly,, damage as shadow, second where is fire weak is when you need use seeds>lower sp scalling, also you can use flame cap 1min+80sp cd 3 min great boost
    there is my dps from fantom but vaule is false i got there like 1700+ ;) https://legacy-logs.com/TBC/Rankings...0000001&class=
    and for Selaya did you try firelock when you argument?

First 12