1. Thanks guys for reassuring me that Horde does win but it sounds like Alliance is more established in PVP win %. Nevertheless, I prefer to play horde so i'll stick with it. Also, thanks for the tip about trying to que at Midnight server time. I am a firm believer that objectives win BGs but it's difficult to avoid the massive slaughter that takes place on the res spot :).

Again - thanks for those who defended my question. I'm new to Warmane but have been official for 10+ years (wow - it's amazing how time flies). I do like it here and know to ignore certain people.

Don
    I would just say, as much as some people might not be friendly and you would like to say "something" back to them in for example BG chat, just play your stuff and aim for win, if you lose well then happens and can try next time. As for slaughter, well there are what you can call " patterns" in bg's here. In AV there is fight in mid, in AB most of the time Lumber Mill, in WSG mid, Eots depends (usually both factions go left), IoC Hangar. As low geared player if you are not healer, try to avoid those unless you can help out, play objectives and you should be fine and here you can get pvp gear within a week pretty much.

2. I do agree on some parts you say, no doubt gear does play big part when it comes at PvP. But as he said, he likes to do PVP, I have played countless bg's and have seen it all, starting from a warrior with just SM and nothing else till these blue geared players. Truth to be told, if they are not toxic players that yell in bg chat " omg so geared and can't do anything "Etc, but instead try to cooperate to fight back, i don't mind them there as long as they do what they can, even if it means they are new to game or they get 1 shotted. Have to remember that some of these low geared players just began and want try out even if it means for me to lose. Plus they are gearing so why not, yes they can of course go do fos/pos but it will take ages to grind at least full furious. It's like when I see bis geared people yelling on lowbies with not the nice type of words, just because they play the game different way, means they take the game rather too serious. Also you gearing to 5.5 and then starting Bg's to help team is a nice thing to do, but remember that, it's thing you do, not others. Needless to say that most players that want pvp will just gear from bg's and then go arenas for WF gear. And remember, the faster they gear up and understand how to play bg's, the more help they will be in future for your team.
    But that's the thing man, you don't need to have full furious gear. From fos - pos - toc5 you get pve items, trinkets and weapons and on top of that, you can get emblems. You use the emblems to get items you could not get from the dungeons. For example if you are missing a chest and the dungeon doesn;t drop what you need, you get pvp chest.

You get what i try to say. A 5k gs full pve will do much better than a 3k gs with whatever items s/he may have.

"will just gear from bg's and then go arenas for WF gear" ... yeah but it will take them way longer to reach a decent gear this way mainly because they can't do anything to win. a 5k gs pve team will reach decent pvp items way faster than a 3k gs team because the 5k ones have a much bigger chance at winning the bgs and getting the honor for the items and even winning arenas.

This is mainly a small piece of advice i'm giving to lowbies. Some listen, most don't. If 1 in 100 has a decent IQ and can understand and accept the advice i'm giving it's fine by me. For all i care, the other 99 can waste their time in bgs hoping to win a bg in a day and get an item with honor once every few days or every week. You want to join with low gear and lose 99% of the time ? If that's your kink, fine by me as long as you are not in my party.

We both did a lot of bgs and we both saw a lot of things starting from those endless av bgs that ended in 1 - 0 before and after warmane, naked people, naked people with smourne, bots, hackers, etc. And we both know based on past experiences, a 5k pve team will outperform a 3k.

3. In that way, yeah 5k pve can do better job true. More or less that is how i geared my dk, trinkets from Toc5 and fos/pos and then slowly gear up. Tho I had quite a time to spend on it back then since it's a grind, I guess it depends what you want in end of the day, just to play the game in pvp or be well built character that suits both pvp and pve at same time. So in end of he day, it might be more effective way to gear up by having blue items>reputation>fos/pos>bg's than just go straight up bg's, but it will take more time. and you have to do more too which some might not like and as this player said, he just wants to do bg's. But as for lowbies in bg's, as long as they don't afk or cry/complain about everything they see, but instead try to help. By all means that's fine by me there. As for bg's, tell me about it...

4. I'll say Dvorakmanu is completly right. For our server you are not viable on bgs untill you get at least a6+245 ofparts, and you actually can do something real only after you get a7. Why so? Server is full of full wraithul people.

About green/blue people 1-3k gs - whatever you can do it's pointless if there are few more lows like you. You guys can't do ANY damage, can't defend ANYTHING, so it's just like one person less. Lets say you have 3 lows on warsong - you will be simply outnumbered and lose. Only thing they can do is to drive demolishers, shoot from cannons, and maybe to capture something in the eye, but from my expirience only very little number of lows is properly doing the bg tactics.

Someone says - "Respect their feelings and their will to play!" - why should we respect somebody who doesn't respect others? These people are just lazy egoists, they don't want to farm properly because it's too long, so they come bgs to get carryed. And if they are just newbies - why can't these guys use google to learn how to gear up? Do you guys like to pickup such lows without any knowledge of any tactics in your heroic raids and give them all the gears? I don't think so. I can't get it - why there is an ilvl restriction for rdf hc and there is no such for bgs.

The topic maker plays wow 10 years, comes bgs in blue gears with fresh 80 and after that whine on forums why is his fraction losing? Seriously? Why did you guys atack the Dvora and defend such a guy?
    Edited: July 22, 2017

5. I think low gs people entering bg must get banned. Minimum requirement to enter a bg must be 6k+ gs.

6. I think low gs people entering bg must get banned. Minimum requirement to enter a bg must be 6k+ gs.
    6k+? Oh dear lord...

7. Well, too bad. Unlike PvE, battlegrounds have no "gear requirements". I've seen N topics on suggestions part asking X, Y and Z. Nothing can be done. Not gonna discuss this for the 100th time either. So therefore I have been and will keep playing for myself and ramble around when my teammates have low gs, and will play for my team when I'll see others having decent gear and trying hard to win.

PS
    http://imgur.com/a/SDvDp

8. Well, too bad. Unlike PvE, battlegrounds have no "gear requirements". I've seen N topics on suggestions part asking X, Y and Z. Nothing can be done. Not gonna discuss this for the 100th time either. So therefore I have been and will keep playing for myself and ramble around when my teammates have low gs, and will play for my team when I'll see others having decent gear and trying hard to win.

PS
    R1 Warrior haha.

9. Well, too bad. Unlike PvE, battlegrounds have no "gear requirements". I've seen N topics on suggestions part asking X, Y and Z. Nothing can be done. Not gonna discuss this for the 100th time either. So therefore I have been and will keep playing for myself and ramble around when my teammates have low gs, and will play for my team when I'll see others having decent gear and trying hard to win.

PS
    Oh god. This is too golden lmao

PS on OP: You're one of the reasons why your Faction loses.

10. Why there is an ilvl restriction for rdf hc and there is no such for bgs.

The topic maker plays wow 10 years, comes bgs in blue gears with fresh 80 and after that whine on forums why is his fraction losing? Seriously? Why did you guys atack the Dvora and defend such a guy?
    Because then I would't que a single bg whole day (On alliance) Since que times are what they are and having like 30-40% players that have no gear to que up would make that wait time enough for us to watch a movie while we wait. As for attacking Dvora, no one attacked anyone, just that opinions are little bit different. I would like to have 6k+ pvp geared players all the time, but I know that in reality it will never happen. It is true, that it would be better for them to be geared but it is how it is. Then again, some high geared players are more bad than 4-5k gs player, might be geared but plays like potato. Or can often see bis players in BG chat " Omg you noobs can't do anything i won't carry anyone" and goes afk. My ideology is simple at this one, just first do things perfect yourself before checking what others do. Plus as I mentioned before, you have to remember that some don't play on competitive level, some play the game just for the sake of playing it. And to mention, seeing all the comments here since 2010, seems that this community is ready slip each other throats on every reason they can find. So in the end, what lowbies do is up to them, just see what you can do from your part to win the BG and if its lost then it is and can win other one.

Take care

11. People who like pvp are always going to be playing alliance humans, it's just what most serious pvpers do.

12. The Alliance queue in quest gear too, but it'll always be 2-3 quest geared people and a full WF/PVE BIS premade. Anyone can see how dumb BGs are for horde. Just play a couple and count the Alliance WF premades. Nothing will ever get done about it, you've just got to grind the gear and beat them in arena.

If you're making a char for BGs on this server, choose Alliance.

13. @Darklord18

Nah, real serious PVPers will play any race because they'll be doing arena.

14. The problem of the fact that you need to do BG to get pvp geared, and the fact that you typically lose if your BG team is not near BIS is a conundrum that has gone on forever. Geared ppl get pissed off at undergeared ppl in BG because gear plays a huge factor in BG. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to stroke their ego and make themselves think that they're super good at the game because they're bis and ran up and destroyed three 2k GS players trying to defend a flag. (Pssst, it doesn't mean you're skilled) Truth be told, it is CONSIDERATE to get decently geared before you go into a BG so that you're not a huge burden on the team, but most people are not considerate, and there is nothing that says that they have to be. That is just the way it is in this game and in life.

Yes, skill does play a role but it does not matter much unless you're vs'ing someone at or near your own gearscore. Then skill matters. When I first came back to this game I can't count the times some BIS ret pally ganked me while I was low GS and just one-two shots me while he is bubbled. Then proceeded to keyboard turn/backpedal, click his mount, keyboard turn and fly away lol. Skill does not matter in that instance. You can typically tell if you have a win or a loss on your BG just by looking at the GS of your team. If half your team is <3k GS you're probably about to get GY camped unless the other team is even worse off. Which as horde is rarely the case. You can be as skilled as you want to be, but when a war can charge you and one shot you, your skill doesn't matter and the way that the power difference is in this particular expansion relative to GS.....you're either near BIS or you're just getting one shot by people who are bis. There isn't a whole lot of middle ground.

First 123 Last