1. PVP on icecrown

Started playing wow on Icecrown. Decided to powerlevel my MAGE to 80 by ingame services. Bought Blue PVP gear and started PVP as horde... This is my experience.

Played 8 games. All 8 Horde lost. Is this normal? I love playing Horde and so does my wife but we also like to PVP. If we horde really loose ~100% of the time then I guess I need to play Alliance.

What is your experience playing random BGs regarding win/loss?

Thanks much!

2. Alliance does win more then horde in my xp for years now, I would reccomend some guild to join for premades but I rly do not know any atm.

3. LoL, you join bgs with blue items and you wonder why you lose.

"I guess I need to play Alliance" ... really ? This is your bright idea ? Facepalm.

How about ...i don't know, maybe get some gear before you join a bg from fos - pos - toc5 ? Nevermind, getting carried (well not really giving that you lose most of the time) is way better than actually getting some items and actually help your team. Why bother with getting some items and trinkets first and do a little damage and not just die in one hit when you can be gearless and useless then cry on forums "my team is bad". And don't give me "but nobody will take me fos - pos - toc5 cos low gs". Make your own groups and stop waiting for others to invite you in their groups.

"What is your experience playing random BGs regarding win/loss?" ... it's simple : the team with the most gearless people will lose. It doesn't matter how "pro" you are, if you don't have gear, you can't do anything. If you join bgs with gs under 5k, you deserve to lose.

4. LoL, you join bgs with blue items and you wonder why you lose.

"I guess I need to play Alliance" ... really ? This is your bright idea ? Facepalm.

How about ...i don't know, maybe get some gear before you join a bg from fos - pos - toc5 ? Nevermind, getting carried (well not really giving that you lose most of the time) is way better than actually getting some items and actually help your team. Why bother with getting some items and trinkets first and do a little damage and not just die in one hit when you can be gearless and useless then cry on forums "my team is bad". And don't give me "but nobody will take me fos - pos - toc5 cos low gs". Make your own groups and stop waiting for others to invite you in their groups.

"What is your experience playing random BGs regarding win/loss?" ... it's simple : the team with the most gearless people will lose. It doesn't matter how "pro" you are, if you don't have gear, you can't do anything. If you join bgs with gs under 5k, you deserve to lose.
    Some people just do not enjoy farming dungeons, you have to respect that part. I do not like your attitude to a mature question at no point did he "cry" He asked a question because he is new here. People like you give this server a bad look.

5. I think alliance win more than horde without premades.

6. i played alot of bgs on my ally and horde toon (mostly solo q) and my win ratio is on both chars arround 70% .
    if you join as low gs player do something usefull like DEFENDING (it is possible) objectives or ccing enemies (last time in wsg a 1.7 mage cc´d the enemie heal like a boss :D)
    and if you start losing bgs how about you start farming a profession (for gear) or run just some freakin dungeons?

7. LoL, you join bgs with blue items and you wonder why you lose.

Actually, objectives win. Unless you run 10-15m premade fully geared then I can agree with you. As for your statement of " IF you don't have gear, you can't do anything" is also wrong, you don't need to be bis geared to CC someone or help someone out, true you might die more, but doesn't mean you are useless. Furthermore, let him play the game... not everyone wakes up in the morning " oh, have to go bgs to tryhard and flex my muscles to other faction" some play to simply have fun not to mention there is nothing wrong with wanting to win along the road.

8. Started playing wow on Icecrown. Decided to powerlevel my MAGE to 80 by ingame services. Bought Blue PVP gear and started PVP as horde... This is my experience.

Played 8 games. All 8 Horde lost. Is this normal? I love playing Horde and so does my wife but we also like to PVP. If we horde really loose ~100% of the time then I guess I need to play Alliance.

What is your experience playing random BGs regarding win/loss?

Thanks much!
    To answer this, well it depends really. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose naturally. Tho it can be frustrating little bit, I know from experience, perhaps tomorrow you will win those 8 games in a row. Not to mention how other players play that bg, or if your team has premade or not, or perhaps enemies have one too. So a lot of things come to a play when it comes to winning bg's. All I can say is, play faction you like to play and don't get bothered by losing.

9. it's simple : the team with the most gearless people will lose. It doesn't matter how "pro" you are, if you don't have gear, you can't do anything. If you join bgs with gs under 5k, you deserve to lose.
    I have to completely disagree with this.
    Gear will definately give you an edge, but it's certainly not the main factor which will decide who wins the bg. Teamplay is what you need, and it is indispensable. I'll speak now from my own experience for the moment. I am a solo queuer and always have been in my life of Warmane, and I've beat several premades, including proteus/unitx, with very low geared puggers (2-3k), because we simply knew what to do and went after objectives, using the /bg chat to communicate.
    Same goes to your statement of not doing anything, I'll subscribe what Justmarried said.
    And, hem, deserve to lose? Why? I'd say that to someone who cheat it, or goes afk, or joins with level 1 clothes (buying instant 80 and go straight to bgs)... If a guy plays with 4 or 4.5 gs on a decent level and puts some effort on it, why should he deserve to lose?
    Edited: July 21, 2017

10. Horde premades abound around midnight server time, just queue then.

11. Thanks guys for reassuring me that Horde does win but it sounds like Alliance is more established in PVP win %. Nevertheless, I prefer to play horde so i'll stick with it. Also, thanks for the tip about trying to que at Midnight server time. I am a firm believer that objectives win BGs but it's difficult to avoid the massive slaughter that takes place on the res spot :).

Again - thanks for those who defended my question. I'm new to Warmane but have been official for 10+ years (wow - it's amazing how time flies). I do like it here and know to ignore certain people.

Don

12. Some people just do not enjoy farming dungeons, you have to respect that part. I do not like your attitude to a mature question at no point did he "cry" He asked a question because he is new here. People like you give this server a bad look.
    "you have to respect that part" ... no i don't. Most of the "bis" items come from doing pve (well in warmane's case you can also get them from coin shop but that's not the point). Now here comes the "fun" part. In order to get the bis pve items from heroic raids, you MUST do some normal lower dungeons like it or not. You wouldn't go in icc 25 heroic with blue items and cry "much stronk, nerf plz" right ? So why cry about losing bgs when you have blue items ?

"I do not like your attitude" ... yeah, most low geared people don't like it when i call them out.

As i said, like it or not, you must do some pve in order to get bis items so why not start with farming dungeons to reach a decent gear and be usefull and help your team ? You don't enjoy farming dungeons, ok, from this i take it you also don't enjoy having items and being able to help your team. All you "enjoy" is being carried.
    Edited: July 21, 2017

13. Actually, objectives win. Unless you run 10-15m premade fully geared then I can agree with you. As for your statement of " IF you don't have gear, you can't do anything" is also wrong, you don't need to be bis geared to CC someone or help someone out, true you might die more, but doesn't mean you are useless. Furthermore, let him play the game... not everyone wakes up in the morning " oh, have to go bgs to tryhard and flex my muscles to other faction" some play to simply have fun not to mention there is nothing wrong with wanting to win along the road.
    Yeah, objectives win but how will you acomplish those objectives if you have blue items and die in one hit ? A 5k can just /lol in your face if you have blue gear. Sure, you may be really good at your class and win vs one or 2 5k gs when you are blue but lets be honest, how many of these gearless people actually know their class so good they can win vs a 5k or so ?

"you don't need to be bis geared to CC" ... again, you can throw one or 2 fears or whatever then what ? DR kicks in and bye bye blue guy. Pretty much all classes can one hit you and your cc becomes useless.

"but doesn't mean you are useless" ... that's exactly what it means. How are you going to acomplish achievs if you spend 70% of your time in gy ?

"Furthermore, let him play the game" ... i'm not stopping him.

"not everyone wakes up in the morning"... neither did i to reach 6k+. The difference between him and me is i first joined bgs when i had around 5.5 cos i wanted to help the team not just be dead weight.

"some play to simply have fun"... and how are you having fun if you sit at gy waiting to ress most of the bg ? Or you sit on the boulder in eye cos if you get down you get rekt

"not to mention there is nothing wrong with wanting to win along the road"... did i say anything about this ? no. but you can't just go "i'm a blue geared person and so is my team, this month all i can do is "want to win"" and i hope you realise that.

14. "you have to respect that part" ... no i don't. Most of the "bis" items come from doing pve (well in warmane's case you can also get them from coin shop but that's not the point). Now here comes the "fun" part. In order to get the bis pve items from heroic raids, you MUST do some normal lower dungeons like it or not. You wouldn't go in icc 25 heroic with blue items and cry "much stronk, neft plz" right ? So why cry about losing bgs when you have blue items ?

"I do not like your attitude" ... yeah, most low geared people don't like it when i call them out.

As i said, like it or not, you must do some pve in order to get bis items so why not start with farming dungeons to reach a decent gear and be usefull and help your team ? You don't enjoy farming dungeons, ok, from this i take it you also don't enjoy having items and being able to help your team. All you "enjoy" is being carried.
    Oh great warmane keyboard warrior 101. Please do continue.

15. I do agree on some parts you say, no doubt gear does play big part when it comes at PvP. But as he said, he likes to do PVP, I have played countless bg's and have seen it all, starting from a warrior with just SM and nothing else till these blue geared players. Truth to be told, if they are not toxic players that yell in bg chat " omg so geared and can't do anything "Etc, but instead try to cooperate to fight back, i don't mind them there as long as they do what they can, even if it means they are new to game or they get 1 shotted. Have to remember that some of these low geared players just began and want try out even if it means for me to lose. Plus they are gearing so why not, yes they can of course go do fos/pos but it will take ages to grind at least full furious. It's like when I see bis geared people yelling on lowbies with not the nice type of words, just because they play the game different way, means they take the game rather too serious. Also you gearing to 5.5 and then starting Bg's to help team is a nice thing to do, but remember that, it's thing you do, not others. Needless to say that most players that want pvp will just gear from bg's and then go arenas for WF gear. And remember, the faster they gear up and understand how to play bg's, the more help they will be in future for your team.

123 Last