1. Server Dead? pros cons ? cash shops ?

Hi everyone I am new to this server wondering is this server at 70 alive for horde and alliance ? is there people looking to do normal dungeons and heroics Pug groups for karazhan ? or is the server pop that low that you need a guild 100% of the time ? also is there a cash shop on this server like outland ?

X1 server are great but don't want to invest time to get to 70 to realize shathrath is dead quite and no one is online

2. Also interested in playing here now with the ***** fiasco.

My biggest concern is the pay2win shop. If it ever becomes available, I'll jump off the ship.

3. Medivh doesn't have a cash shop. People are playing at 70. Could use more people for PVP stuff, otherwise, no real complaints

4. Also interested in playing here now with the ***** fiasco.

My biggest concern is the pay2win shop. If it ever becomes available, I'll jump off the ship.
    Medivh exists solely for the purpose of 1x and no shop (no gear). Though we also do implement pre-nerf content whenever possible.

5. As other stated, the pop is fine and will only grow now with the absolute fiasco that G turned out to be, there is no gear cash shop, I think only vanity items like mounts and stuff like that which doesn't impact the gameplay at all. Give it a try it's worth it

6. My experience with Medivh has been great so far.

The server population is fine, and it is rapidly growing. There has been a massive increase in players overnight with the downfall of Felmyst so if you are worried that you will not have players to play with I can tell you there is no reason to be.

Bugs are getting fixed VERY quickly - A couple of examples.

https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/51627 - Says "Pending" But it has been corrected.
    https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/51798 - Says "Pending" but it has been corrected.

They have clearly stated that there will not be a cash shop on Medivh - and if they do add it. I can promise you that the entire server will revolt against it and die out overnight. So it is in the best interest of Warmane NOT to add the shop.

Medivh does come with the luxury of Dual specialization - which I am personally 100% in favor off, as it increases the amount of available tanks, healers, pvpers, ect ect.

If you are thinking about joining the server - now is the best time to do so!

7. Medivh exists solely for the purpose of 1x and no shop (no gear). Though we also do implement pre-nerf content whenever possible.
    Thank you, good to know.

However, I pray unto thee, don't put the really rare mounts in the shop like the ZG mounts, spectral tigers, amanibears, phoenix etc. It really destroys the atmosphere we're all looking for in a 1x blizzlike realm, when seeing everyone running around with them. Personally, I get impressed when someone obtained a unique mount, however, if I know it's possible the player just bought it from the shop then it's the reverse feeling.

There are still lots of things to add, such as minipets, tabards, some unique items to come by (such as the idol that makes you into an ogre) etc.

Just my opinion!
    Thanks

8. My experience with Medivh has been great so far.

The server population is fine, and it is rapidly growing. There has been a massive increase in players overnight with the downfall of Felmyst so if you are worried that you will not have players to play with I can tell you there is no reason to be.
    You're saying a lot of nice words, but a possible new player, like myself, comes to this forum and sees virtually none active guild recruiting threads for Medivh. I also make a character and I can't do /who properly, nor can I contact anyone to ask anything before level 10 (which isn't really 10 minutes of playtime). This puts people off, I myself am a bit worried about investing my time into this 1x realm - which I am in fact seeking for, but next to 1x I'm expecting to be able to find people to do some vanilla dungeons which I've never done before or to have lots of opportunities for endgame stuff once I hit 70. As some people have pointed out, there's not many lvl 70's doing endgame stuff either.

9. You're saying a lot of nice words, but a possible new player, like myself, comes to this forum and sees virtually none active guild recruiting threads for Medivh. I also make a character and I can't do /who properly, nor can I contact anyone to ask anything before level 10 (which isn't really 10 minutes of playtime). This puts people off, I myself am a bit worried about investing my time into this 1x realm - which I am in fact seeking for, but next to 1x I'm expecting to be able to find people to do some vanilla dungeons which I've never done before or to have lots of opportunities for endgame stuff once I hit 70. As some people have pointed out, there's not many lvl 70's doing endgame stuff either.
    The server has been up for approx 2 months now - For me personally it took almost 7 days /played to reach level 70 in the first place. Thats 168 hours played over 2 months. Or over 20 hours a week. Lets be honest here, many people do not have the time to spend 3-4 hours a day leveling up. A lot of people are still leveling up. Then after reaching 70 you need to complete your attunement quest for Karazhan. Get a bit of gear, and get groups together to actually go in there.

Currently there are 23 guilds raiding Karazhan - many of those guilds running multiple groups, for me in Panacea we have 3 karazhan groups that run and clear the place every week. Saying that there arent many people running end-game stuff is just straight up not true. Actually I am 100% certain that there are more groups running karazhan on a weekly basis then there were in most retail-tbc servers.

http://armory.warmane.com/pveladder/...arazhan/Moroes

15 of these guilds have cleared all the way to Prince Malchezaar

As for finding people to run dungeons with while leveling - Now is the best time! Hundreds of players are come over after the fall of Felmyst, all of them having started around the same time. And although some people level faster than others. it can be exister that the majority of the population will be leveling at a similar pace. Mix these people in with the players that are currently leveling alts - aswell as the people that have already started leveling. And there will be quite a crowd.

The vast majority of guild recruitment is done in-game, last night alone I think I've seen about 3 or 4 brand new guilds recruiting in the world chat, recruiting players of all levels - many of them comming from Felmyst, or even from Outland looking for a new challenge. So it will be easy to find a community to grow into.

10. You're saying a lot of nice words, but a possible new player, like myself, comes to this forum and sees virtually none active guild recruiting threads for Medivh. I also make a character and I can't do /who properly, nor can I contact anyone to ask anything before level 10 (which isn't really 10 minutes of playtime). This puts people off, I myself am a bit worried about investing my time into this 1x realm - which I am in fact seeking for, but next to 1x I'm expecting to be able to find people to do some vanilla dungeons which I've never done before or to have lots of opportunities for endgame stuff once I hit 70. As some people have pointed out, there's not many lvl 70's doing endgame stuff either.
    Most players are too busy levelling and gearing up to sit on forums and spam threads (in comparison to Outland).

You must have only been talking to players who complain about stuff, there's plenty of dungeons going on at all levels and at 70 there are raids!

Only thing I'm aware of that isn't very active is level 70 battlegrounds due to most people not being 70 yet..

11. Yeah now is the best time to start playing, hell Im rerolling from a geared lvl 70 pally because I dont like the playstyle after all, it's never too late !