1. Lordaeron Restart

Hey,

i was just wondering if there are any plans to start a new progressive x1 Wotlk-Realm in the future? This would basicly mean to reset the Lordaeron realm.

greetings

2. I personally have been confused about this "progressive" term, does it mean that content will be released gradually and slowly? I've never really fully understood the term, I mean if someone could explain it, that'd great.

3. I personally have been confused about this "progressive" term, does it mean that content will be released gradually and slowly? I've never really fully understood the term, I mean if someone could explain it, that'd great.
    Yes, that's exactly what it means.

Basically, when new 1x servers start, they go through content progression.
    At the start of a 1x WotLK 3.3.5 server, we'd have ---

Naxxramas 10 and 25
    Eye of Eternity 10 and 25
    Obsidian Sanctum 10 and 25
    All heroic dungeons/normals besides the 3 ICC 5 man heroics

After about 3 to 4 months(or longer), the server would then release Ulduar 10 and 25 mans, including it's respective hard modes.
    After about 3 to 4 months(or longer), the server would then release ToC 10 and 25 mans, as well as the 5 man normal/5 man heroic dungeon the Argent Tournament dailies and Onyxia 10 and 25 mans.
    After about 3 to 4 months(or longer), the server would then release ICC as well as the 3 5 man ICC heroic/normal dungeons.

In my opinion, after ICC 25 HC has been on farm for some months, majority of population is in full 232/251 gear, I feel as though Warmane should reset progression back to Naxx/EoE/OS and start all over again but we KEEP our characters and everything else. (Stuff like professions though would be kept, however if you have recipes such as Boots of Woven Death, they would be removed). you'd be reset back to an ilvl of say about 187, pre-heroic gear, and the server would cycle all over again endlessly.
    Edited: July 23, 2017

4. This would happen after 10 years when new people will wanna play wotlk.

5. Old-school realms can't be "progressive" forever.
    Even WotLK has only so much content. Progressing further means... upgrading to Cataclysm.

6. Old-school realms can't be "progressive" forever.
    Even WotLK has only so much content. Progressing further means... upgrading to Cataclysm.
    Just like the old Lordaeron did.

7. Yes, that's exactly what it means.

Basically, when new 1x servers start, they go through content progression.
    At the start of a 1x WotLK 3.3.5 server, we'd have ---

Naxxramas 10 and 25
    Eye of Eternity 10 and 25
    Obsidian Sanctum 10 and 25
    All heroic dungeons/normals besides the 3 ICC 5 man heroics

After about 3 to 4 months(or longer), the server would then release Ulduar 10 and 25 mans, including it's respective hard modes.
    After about 3 to 4 months(or longer), the server would then release ToC 10 and 25 mans, as well as the 5 man normal/5 man heroic dungeon the Argent Tournament dailies and Onyxia 10 and 25 mans.
    After about 3 to 4 months(or longer), the server would then release ICC as well as the 3 5 man ICC heroic/normal dungeons.

In my opinion, after ICC 25 HC has been on farm for some months, majority of population is in full 232/251 gear, I feel as though Warmane should reset progression back to Naxx/EoE/OS and start all over again but we KEEP our characters and everything else. (Stuff like professions though would be kept, however if you have recipes such as Boots of Woven Death, they would be removed). you'd be reset back to an ilvl of say about 187, pre-heroic gear, and the server would cycle all over again endlessly.
    I agree with the reset, however I think that will be at least a year away. I regret not playing here when it first launched, I logged in and gave up as there where too many people to quest with.

If they reset they should keep Lordaeron on until it completely dies

8. Lordaeron was progressive at start. All casuals that want this, when Naxx was the latest raid it was buffed so not many could do it. It isn't our fault that you people who want the restart didn't play from the beginning.
    I guess 90% of those who want the restart, wouldn't handle to clear all the raids back then, nor will they be able to if a new WOTLK realm with Lordaeron difficulty would launch.
    Many people put lots of effort in their characters, achievements, gear etc. You with 4k gs of course wouldn't mind to just restart it. So grow a pair and enjoy the bestest patch ever or go play anywhere else.

9. Lordaeron was progressive at start. All casuals that want this, when Naxx was the latest raid it was buffed so not many could do it. It isn't our fault that you people who want the restart didn't play from the beginning.
    I guess 90% of those who want the restart, wouldn't handle to clear all the raids back then, nor will they be able to if a new WOTLK realm with Lordaeron difficulty would launch.
    Many people put lots of effort in their characters, achievements, gear etc. You with 4k gs of course wouldn't mind to just restart it. So grow a pair and enjoy the bestest patch ever or go play anywhere else.
    I don't think anyone wants a reset now. How long will you be playing this greatest patch ever for before you get bored?

A reset would be nice, maybe in 12-18 months.

10. There are no plans for "resets" or new servers in an expansion and rates we already have.
    We never did any resets for our high-rate Wrath of the Lich King server (barring the whole database theft issue), so don't hold your breath for one.