1. Elemental Shamans' damage

A simple question: is Elemental Shaman damage correct?

Seems a bit overtuned. Getting 12-14k LVBs and 8-9k Chain Lightnings on like 800 res - is that ok? I understand that I'm not over 1000 resi yet, however I've checked combat logs many times and not even Chaosbolts (cast by wrath geared Destro Locks) hit THAT much. I expected Frost Magi, Locks to be the main problem while PvP gearing up here, but so far Eles are the most annoying and hard hitting spec I have to avoid

I can understand when full Wrath / half Wrath half Relent players do that kind of damage, but when a FoS-PoS level pve geared Shaman does 12-13k with instants in PVP - is this actually fine and it's like it should be in 3.3.5a?

Ty in advance

2. A simple question: is Elemental Shaman damage correct?

Seems a bit overtuned. Getting 12-14k LVBs and 8-9k Chain Lightnings on like 800 res - is that ok? I understand that I'm not over 1000 resi yet, however I've checked combat logs many times and not even Chaosbolts (cast by wrath geared Destro Locks) hit THAT much. I expected Frost Magi, Locks to be the main problem while PvP gearing up here, but so far Eles are the most annoying and hard hitting spec I have to avoid

I can understand when full Wrath / half Wrath half Relent players do that kind of damage, but when a FoS-PoS level pve geared Shaman does 12-13k with instants in PVP - is this actually fine and it's like it should be in 3.3.5a?

Ty in advance
    you probably faced sht geared locks, as they hit harder than Lava burst. im playing elemental shaman for like 4years straight, and i dont remember my damage from Lavaburst becomming bigger than it was at any point.
    i would honestly like to see who exactly hit you for 14k, unless MAYBE, doubt it still, but maybe pve ele with all trink procs would hit you 14k with 800resil.
    for players with 1-1.2k resil i usually hit 7-9k and thats normal.

3. http://armory.warmane.com/character/...daeron/summary

This guy, believe it or not, hit me for 13k (!) just today afternoon. It was after WG, I was doing dailies there. Didn't expect so much damage, so haven't reacted in time and died (was really surprised when checked armory & combat log). Indeed, gear is far from awesome. Still, that happened and he didn't have any berserk buffs, etc. Nothing unusual there.

Later I caught him and managed to kill (was already prepared what to expect lol). Pity I didn't screen the log.

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...daeron/summary

And this one did 11k Chain Lightning in SoTA. In addition, she topped damage meter in that BG with like twice than anyone else (though there were Wrath geared warriors, rets there too).

I have a very good memory for names :)
    Edited: July 22, 2017

4. Don't remember how high the numbers are exactly, but on Icecrown you do see this kind of burst damage coming from well geared and well played ele shamans like Stormspiritx, Nukelear, Hakeldama, etc

Heroic trinket spellpower procs are scary

Aaaand yes warlocks will hit harder than shamans, just that shamans feel more bursty due to random lightning overload procs.

If they are a problem for you, it's better to avoid them and save yourself the frustration. Do other stuff in the BG, or just fly the heck away (more than 36 yards up) if it's world PvP.

5. And this one did 11k Chain Lightning in SoTA. In addition, she topped damage meter in that BG with like twice than anyone else (though there were Wrath geared warriors, rets there too).
    Tune in next week when OP tries to unveil the mystery of the 20k Chimera Shot from that one hunter on the demolisher.

6. Ele shami hits significant harder on low resilience targets because lava burst is a guaranteed crit.
    With +1200 resilience all source of player dmg is reduced by like 25% and the critical dmg taken is reduced by another 28%.
    Thats a huge dmg reduction, especially when it comes to crits.

7. Reroll to warlock if you have vendetta upon chamans.

1200 resilience +20/25% soul link + 30% nether protection makes their damage laughtable low

8. My shaman in full PvE 6.5k gs can crit (with trinket procs running) 22k, maybe more with a lava burst on someone without any resil -that's pretty normal. PvE gear doesn't scale into pvp as well as pvp gear (as intended..), and a bis pvp geared ele sham will handily beat me 1v1, even if they're somewhat incompetent.

The only thing a full pve shaman is good for in pvp is zapping large groups in Alterac Valley, anything more personal than that and you have a dead Shammy.