1. Wolfslayer rifle or sunfury bow of the phoenix? Pro tips needed

I cant really find much info on the internets, my spreadsheet says rifle is better, but ive read that the bow is better. From the research that ive done, the faster weapon should pull more dps. Idk need some info, first hunter.

2. rifle is better for BM, bow is better for SURVIVAL/MM

3. to TLDR everything you will read, the attack speed matters for BM rotation, also curious what spreadsheet you use could you link it ?

4. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=351516

You can check my thread. Under T5 section there is info about the best weapon for each spec till the legendary one. This is for BM. Sunfury is udner 11 while wolfslayer is under 2.

bm

1. Barrel-Blade Longrifle: 81.2 dps, 2.6 - Actual hunter dps: 881.33dps
    2. Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle: 79.1 dps, 2.7 - Actual hunter dps: 879.44 dps
    3. Don Santos' Famous Hunting Rifle: 73.7 dps, 2.7 - Actual hunter dps: 874.95 dps
    4. Arcanite Steam-Pistol: 87.2 dps, 2.9 - Actual hunter dps: 868.82 dps
    5. Legionkiller: 90.7 dps, 2.9 - Actual hunter dps: 868.81 dps
    6. Bristleblitz Striker: 95.8 dps, 3.0 - Actual hunter dps: 868.59 dps
    7. Tuskbreaker: 86.4 dps, 2.9 - Actual hunter dps: 867.14 dps
    8. Black Bow of the Betrayer: 95.8 dps, 3.0 - Actual hunter dps: 863.68 dps
    9. Serpent Spine Longbow: 90.7 dps, 3.0 - Actual hunter dps: 860.24 dps
    10. Steelhaw Crossbow: 79.1 dps, 2.8 - Actual hunter dps: 858.55 dps
    11. Sunfury Bow: 83.3 dps, 2.9 - Actual hunter dps: 857.08 dps

5. WSR will be best in slot until Black Bow/BBS

6. For some reason i thought that you had to reach a certain AP b4 WSR became better than Sunfury Bow

7. I'm fresh from Hellfire, where I cleared t4 and t5 and I had both weapons and I gotta say that as BM switching from WSR to Sunfury was such a gigantic upgrade, it instantly pushed me ahead of other hunters, who were even overall better geared than me. Soo... Don't overthink it. Always go for bigger damage.

8. I'm fresh from Hellfire, where I cleared t4 and t5 and I had both weapons and I gotta say that as BM switching from WSR to Sunfury was such a gigantic upgrade, it instantly pushed me ahead of other hunters, who were even overall better geared than me. Soo... Don't overthink it. Always go for bigger damage.
    switching from WSR to Sunfury as BM being a "gigantic upgrade" LUL.

9. switching from WSR to Sunfury as BM being a "gigantic upgrade" LUL.
    Shame can't test it in game, I'd be the one "luling" at your dps with WSR, when I'd beat the **** out of you with sunfury. Keep talking **** meanwhile, please.

10. Shame can't test it in game, I'd be the one "luling" at your dps with WSR, when I'd beat the **** out of you with sunfury. Keep talking **** meanwhile, please.
    Okay, calm down Vincent. Fortunately for you, I already tested both of them in game because I can afford to purchase coins with which I can use to buy these weapons (except I already got the bow from Prince, so I just had to buy the gun). Putting your worthless, unimportant banter aside, I can tell you with complete honesty from extensive testing that the difference is pretty much negligible. The gun slightly wins out on long fights, but on any fight that doesn't last 4-5+ minutes, there isn't much of a difference really. These are simply facts for BM. When you play Survival or MM, having a slower weapon with good DPS undoubtedly shows a difference. That's where it really matters. Don't make an attempt to ascertain yourself when you lack the sheer experience and testing required to make such a bold statement. The theory crafting and testing done by people back in the day and now is done because, believe it or not, WoW is a game based on NUMBERS and you can use MATH to determine what is the best in the most ideal of situations. That's why RNG is in place, to keep the game interesting instead of having the game be about who follows the Math the best. To be quite frank, small differences like this don't really matter in TBC. At least not in T4 and T5 content. You can use either one you want, it's simply a min-maxing thing to squeeze out every bit of damage. In the end the only things that really matter are following raid mechanics, working well with your raid members (which from your attitude might be tough), and doing adequate DPS for your gear and class. Have a good one bud :)

11. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=351516

You can check my thread. Under T5 section there is info about the best weapon for each spec till the legendary one. This is for BM. Sunfury is udner 11 while wolfslayer is under 2.

bm

1. Barrel-Blade Longrifle: 81.2 dps, 2.6 - Actual hunter dps: 881.33dps
    2. Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle: 79.1 dps, 2.7 - Actual hunter dps: 879.44 dps
    3. Don Santos' Famous Hunting Rifle: 73.7 dps, 2.7 - Actual hunter dps: 874.95 dps
    4. Arcanite Steam-Pistol: 87.2 dps, 2.9 - Actual hunter dps: 868.82 dps
    5. Legionkiller: 90.7 dps, 2.9 - Actual hunter dps: 868.81 dps
    6. Bristleblitz Striker: 95.8 dps, 3.0 - Actual hunter dps: 868.59 dps
    7. Tuskbreaker: 86.4 dps, 2.9 - Actual hunter dps: 867.14 dps
    8. Black Bow of the Betrayer: 95.8 dps, 3.0 - Actual hunter dps: 863.68 dps
    9. Serpent Spine Longbow: 90.7 dps, 3.0 - Actual hunter dps: 860.24 dps
    10. Steelhaw Crossbow: 79.1 dps, 2.8 - Actual hunter dps: 858.55 dps
    11. Sunfury Bow: 83.3 dps, 2.9 - Actual hunter dps: 857.08 dps
    This list will change drastically if you have a DST.

12. You shouldn't take DST as a hunter anyway because :
    - If you play with BBL or WSR DST isn't way better than Hourglass or Brooch
    - If you play with any slow weapon, including Vashj BoW you will do less dps than using BBL or WSR cause of the 3:2* cycle not working on any private server
    - If you play with slow weaps + DST you will have big "dead time" betwean steady and auto outside of hasted buffs, ofc you could arcane shoot at that exact moment but on long fight (5mns +, so not that long) you will run OOM even using fel mana pot and being in Viper aspect is a huge dps loss and shouldn't happen at all at any point in a raid fight.
    - It's endgame BiS for melee (or atleast untill Muru's trinket) while it's not even BiS T6 for hunters.

You SHOULD be able to play with DST and Slow weapons here and switch between cycle according to your hasted procc/uses, but the fact that the 3:2 cycle don't work take away all the interest to play with slow weaps for me. Slow weapon mean less dps, higher mana consumption because of the use of arcane shoot realy often (if u straight don't use it, u'll loose way more than 50 DPS to a WSR user), less focus for the pet (cause less autos, less steadys), less Judgment of Wisdom procc, less hawk aspect procc...

* (steady steady auto steady auto) check google for more info, there is so much post about it.

EDIT : BUT if at one point they release DST in the shop ofc you should get it if you can but don't take it away from melee, it's way more worth it for them and so for your raid.
    Edited: September 6, 2017

13. DST is one of the best trinkets for a hunter in the game. Where did this info come from that it's all of a sudden bad?

And the BM rotation is 1:1. As long as you aren't clipping haste is god.

T4: DST+Brooch

T5: DST+TT

T6: DST+Madness

SWP: Sliver+Madness

14. DST is one of the best trinkets for a hunter in the game. Where did this info come from that it's all of a sudden bad?

And the BM rotation is 1:1. As long as you aren't clipping haste is god.

T4: DST+Brooch

T5: DST+TT

T6: DST+Madness

SWP: Sliver+Madness
    A lot of guys don't go for the 1:1 rotation but the 3:2, which is considered superior and DST would screw that up (which I assume is what is being suggested above). DST is mostly the best because it's so hilariously overbudget, not because it's particularly well suited to hunters.

12 Last