1. Important question. Help!

Hi, I'm a lvl 80 dk on lordaeron. I have acquired the "battered hilt" item that launches the quest to obtain queld'ar.
    Everything was going fine untill I got to the Halls of Reflection part of the quest. At the moment, another guy in my dungeon group had the same quest on and this must have bugged the quest because I cannot loot the item and therefore I cannot complete this part of the quest. I have tried resetting the dungeon countless times without any luck, the bug is still there I CANNOT loot the item from the ground.
    My question is: If I abandon the quest, will I still be able to get it back from the quest giver in icecrown knowing that I don't have the "Battered hilt" anymore?

2. I think you should just try finding a new group and redoing the quest, I think you should be able to loot it then.

3. As Thepitch said, get new group and redo it, then you will be able to loot it.

4. I'll try this tonight. I don't think it's going to work s I already tried to reset the dung multiple times... I'll post a reply if it worked(anyway thanks for the help)

5. Well it didn't work I still can't loot it...
    Now, what happens if i abandon the quest?

6. Tried making a ticket? Just report the issue in game and wait. Don't abandon the quest. Have not done that chain for a long time so I don't remember it in detail, but you should not risk losing it completely by not having the item.

7. I made a ticket. I actually abandonned the quest and was able to retake it but it doesn't matter I still can't loot it :(