1. Reactions to Kara buff

Id like to hear what peoples reaction to this Karazhan buff are.
    I for one think its meaningless buffing the content that many guilds have already passed making it slow and draining to run new people through them and making them almost impossible for new guilds to run.

2. Beyond stoked. It should be as difficult as possible and was even more difficult on retail. This joke that "kara was so easy xD" is overused on private servers. Kara was easy but never as laughably easy at is usually is on p servers. Glad it was buffed.

3. The people that are "glad it was buffed" are the ones that already cleared kara multiple times in easy mode. It´s sad that the solution for every problem here is making it worst to the one that were not "first".
    They should have closed Kara when they first started showing videos and post of how easy it, and the solution should be TUNE IT not BUFF IT...Blizzlike remeber!
    It´s like the drop rate...the ones that were fortunate to have hellfire mobs drooping greens and blues like candy...made a fortune (gold, lvling enchant etc).
    The solution for this gold rush, let´s nerf it to the ground...now zero drops. Vanilla zone, mobs have 0 green in their pockets but blues were dropping too much in low level dungeons...nerf it. Yesterday i did Lib, armory and Cath and dropped a green recipe...
    Dont get me wrong i am loving the experience of TBC again, however Warmane should really check the priority of bugs and hot fix them asap... but fixing is tuning or correcting and not nerfing or buffing things, only to have a group of players that benefit and others that struggle to buy a mount, lvl professions or complete Kara.

Sorry for bad english :)

4. This is very true. Balancing shouldn't be binary "broken af/nerfed into the ground", but much, much more gradual.

I still don't understand though what had happened to Karazhan and what is its current state. Is it now in accordance with the original game or not?

5. You shouldn't be able to complete kara if you are struggling to buy a mount/level professions. It's called Endgame for a reason.

6. You shouldn't be able to complete kara if you are struggling to buy a mount/level professions. It's called Endgame for a reason.
    what? you read what you want i guess. They were examples of how this so call nerf (hellfire) or buff (kara) can affect players in different stages of their game progression, well others had it easy.
    I would rather have something really fixed instead of nerfed or buffed like in Kara. You previous comment " It should be as difficult as possible"...the game should be as difficult as retail (period). Trash oneshotting tank... dont understand why you think, "Glad it was buffed."
    This buffed content will only make more people disappointed and they will move one...in the end will be the usual 50 players happy for 500 angry.

7. Negative. They shouldn't have done it. It only creates problems for lesser, weaker guilds.

8. maybe tuned down the trashes a bit, the green ghost 1 shotting tanks isnt realy pleasant experience

9. I still don't understand though what had happened to Karazhan and what is its current state. Is it now in accordance with the original game or not?
    Early comers got to faceroll through kara in greens, and though many have left the server after. some still nagged on forums for a buff. Like climbing the ladder then taking it with you ..
    It was made harder reasonably harder then and people cleared it moved on to T5 .
    Last week trash was buffed with a flat % damage output. breaking it ...

The state now is if you go in with the best pre kara content can offer, that is D3 level gear, crafting , boj and heroic epics, your tank will still randomly get two shot by horses and one shot by spirits. ( note that this only affects trash only, funnily bosses do not even oneshot healers ...)

Panacea with T4 and doing T5 content spent over 2hours to get to maiden , Our group (innkeepers) was well geared for kara and spent 3 hours to stop after Nightbane.
    Every boss encounter felt like doing a normal dungeon after doing it in Heroic.
    We oneshot Attumen and Opera 9 manned Maiden and Nightbane but spent 20+ gold in repairs getting to each of those bosses.

Random 16k (380 blocked lol) physical damage on a 15k armor crit/crush immune tank is not a challenge, it's RNG BS , might aswell equip them with a .kill command.
    Edited: July 24, 2017

10. Thank you for an indepth explanation.

Its a damn shame balancing takes such huge swings. Changes like that should be internally tested first and in lesser increments, otherwise players will get discouraged from playing on this server. Karazhan experience is a hot topic both on this forum and on reddit.

11. So let me get this straight...
    Basically all the players that got to 70 early during levelling gained a broken amount of greens/ blues and so easy gold for mounts/ professions etc. On top of that they also experienced a very easy Kara and farmed most gear they need from it.
    And a potential new player (like me) is going to be worse off gold wise levelling to 70 and when I get there and gear up, I'm going to be struggling to do over buffed trash in Kara.
    While the people that already have all the gear from there did Kara with ease.
    That's a really really big turn off and no way I'm going to start a char here now...

For people just starting the server now, having to level to 70 and get all the pre raid gear is enough of a catch up before all that bull****. IMO they should nerf Kara and revert the blue/green drops.

12. So let me get this straight...
    Basically all the players that got to 70 early during levelling gained a broken amount of greens/ blues and so easy gold for mounts/ professions etc. On top of that they also experienced a very easy Kara and farmed most gear they need from it.
    And a potential new player (like me) is going to be worse off gold wise levelling to 70 and when I get there and gear up, I'm going to be struggling to do over buffed trash in Kara.
    While the people that already have all the gear from there did Kara with ease.
    That's a really really big turn off and no way I'm going to start a char here now...

For people just starting the server now, having to level to 70 and get all the pre raid gear is enough of a catch up before all that bull****. IMO they should nerf Kara and revert the blue/green drops.
    Well why do you think there are so few players left here on 70? There was a lot, but many moved to Outland and haven't looked back. Think this refugee crisis will fix the issue? Think they'll enjoy wiping on trash for 3 hours prior to getting to Maiden? Or tanks having to spend 100+ gold on repairs while having killed just 1 boss?

I feel sorry for plate tanks tbh.. that job is very ungrateful as it is, now they'll be dying once per trash pull on top from random oneshots. I hope guilds will try to organize some sort of tank-repair funds to finance the insane costs.. otherwise no one will ever tank Kara again.

The other night, a player streamed guild kara run. Warr tank, guild mt, 13,8k hp, about 6 kara tank pieces, rest pretty solid blues/craftables. Oneshotted several times by a pointless trash ghost, and no, his health wasn't going down gradually (just fast), but went from top of the bubble to bottom in 0,1sec.

Making things challenging is great, makes people work better together, use their brains for once and so on. Making things make no sense tho, just forces people to not revisit the same content again. But then again, that is the primary goal it seems, since Outland is where all the cash is at.
    Edited: July 25, 2017

13. Coming from a guild who has cleared Kara and is continuing to clear Kara we find the buff, short sighted, poorly implemented and over-all a completely disastrous idea.

Firstly the buff. It's a 50% buff to the damage that trash mobs do. Not bosses, trash mobs. This means that the shades on the stairs leading to Curator hit for 12-16k on full Kara geared tanks - RiP paladin. This is a two shot on some of the best geared tanks on the server - at best.

This is completely impossible for any new guilds to clear Kara in a reasonable time-frame. Our guild is well geared, mostly Kara epics and some from Gruuls lair, and yet we still spend 3 hours getting to the back entrance. Why, because the trash occasionally just one shots your tanks with nothing you can do about it. If a dps pulls agro, they die instantly to a 10k non-crit. For reference, our dps warrior tanked Atumen the horseman for about 2 swings without dying. That's right the first boss hits less hard than the waiters outside Moroes.

This means that no guild is progressing through Kara at a reasonable pace. It took Panacea which most consider one of, if not, the best horde guild 1 and a half hours to get to Maiden. It took us a similar length of time, a new guild, i'd be surprised honestly if they can get to Attumen in all honesty. It also means that getting to Curator comes with a 100g repair bill price tag for any plate user.

A completely short-sighted change. That the time should instead be focused on scripting drop rates correctly and fixing bosses with broken mechanics. E.G curator who's adds don't drop the pools.

14. E.G curator who's adds don't drop the pools.
    On top of everything else this is just sad. Is the issue reported?
    I was expecting to have AT LEAST pre-t5 content to be in line.

15. Coming from a guild who has cleared Kara and is continuing to clear Kara we find the buff, short sighted, poorly implemented and over-all a completely disastrous idea.

Firstly the buff. It's a 50% buff to the damage that trash mobs do. Not bosses, trash mobs. This means that the shades on the stairs leading to Curator hit for 12-16k on full Kara geared tanks - RiP paladin. This is a two shot on some of the best geared tanks on the server - at best.

This is completely impossible for any new guilds to clear Kara in a reasonable time-frame. Our guild is well geared, mostly Kara epics and some from Gruuls lair, and yet we still spend 3 hours getting to the back entrance. Why, because the trash occasionally just one shots your tanks with nothing you can do about it. If a dps pulls agro, they die instantly to a 10k non-crit. For reference, our dps warrior tanked Atumen the horseman for about 2 swings without dying. That's right the first boss hits less hard than the waiters outside Moroes.

This means that no guild is progressing through Kara at a reasonable pace. It took Panacea which most consider one of, if not, the best horde guild 1 and a half hours to get to Maiden. It took us a similar length of time, a new guild, i'd be surprised honestly if they can get to Attumen in all honesty. It also means that getting to Curator comes with a 100g repair bill price tag for any plate user.

A completely short-sighted change. That the time should instead be focused on scripting drop rates correctly and fixing bosses with broken mechanics. E.G curator who's adds don't drop the pools.

Thank you for this perspective. It aligns with what I have already read about this situation. I'm a new player, and was hoping to no-life level to 70 so I could get into Kara asap. This is counter intuitive now, since Kara is barely doable by those that have all of the Kara gear, how would someone expect to set foot in there and gear up for it? And to what end? Once you have all the gear apparently getting 1 shot by trash is intended or challenging?

This is disheartening at best. I would like to hear from Dev on this because I likely will not be staying if this remains.

123 ... Last