1. Difficulty of HCs?

The recent buff to karazhan is something I believe most of us really appreciate, and it's a very important step in making the server slightly more hardcore.
    The question that I can't seem to find an answer to is the difficulty of normal and HC instances.
    Are the hardest HC instances challenging for players with decent gear or is it more like a normal instance?
    From what I remember from retail tbc the easy hcs were doable before kara and the difficult ones required more or less a tier higher gear.

Any thoughts from 70s that have cleared some content?

2. The hardest heroic dungeons (SL, BM, Arcatraz, SHH, MT, BOT) are definitely challenging. A lot of them can be made easier by adapting your group composition to a specific one but you rarely get that luxury. I doubt there's many preraid geared groups who succesfully manage to clear Arcatraz/BM heroic. BM is more a DPS requirement whereas in Arcatraz every mob or pack has a distinct property that make them difficult.

3. The recent buff to karazhan is something I believe most of us really appreciate, and it's a very important step in making the server slightly more hardcore.
    muh herdcerd. you appreciate the buffs and you've never set foot in kara or done a heroic ? did you even hit 70 ?

Kara trash is not supposed to oneshot taurens in T4 that tank Gruul regularely !

I cleared all of the HC content, the post above me says it the way it is, HCs are well balanced .. you won't get past the first trash pack unless you have normals gear and know what you're doing, and you do not have to be in T4 to be able to finish them. ( L4G HCs were autistically over tuned and that helped kill the realm )

i'm someone who's got the best gear pre kara content can offer and more (boj crafting). I do not appreciate being unable to clear to Attumen in D3 and Hc/craft/Boj Epics and being randomly oneshot at 16k health despite being crit and crush immune and having 66% physical damage reduction.

4. On retail Heroics were generally harder than Kara, and used to fill in gear gaps after farming kara. They were not used typically for preparing for kara.

Kara was a very easy raid tbh. Heroics were difficult.