1. Mage or Shaman and regarding class population.

Hey all, I'm new to this server and I'm very excited to have found a decently populated 1x rates TBC server. I was going to roll a character here and was torn between a mage and a shaman (enhancement specifically but not opposed to elemental either). I did a fair amount of research on each and their uses and viability in tbc but was wondering about the population of each on the server. Would I have a tougher/easier time getting into heroics/raids as either one? Is there an over abundance of either? Thanks in advance!

2. Shaman, gief more Bloodlust.

3. That's what I was leaning towards. Is enhancment good or will people give me grief for not healing?

4. Some might. But thats allways been the case. If you are a warrior you will get grief for not tanking, if you are a shaman you will get grief for not healing. Just consider it the Hybrid Tax :P Although people do greatly prefer ranged dps over melee dps, still there is quite a bit of value to a single Enhancement shaman in a raid thanks to the insane melee buffs they give.

5. Contrary to Outland, the most important thing on Medivh is not the class, but the player. Over 50% of people give up before 60 (1x leveling, even with wotlk exp boost, is not for everyone), many give up later on after they can't form groups for hours or notice PvP scene is still non-existant and there is not a single bg pop the whole day. Others, like some streamers, type 'who 70', see 35 people during peak, and go back to Outland.

If you are motivated enough, whatever you choose will be perfect.

Also, now that is no longer possibly to pug Kara (unless you have a 100% fully motivated group that will not break up after a few trash wipes like every pug does, and there will be quite a few trash wipes now), whole motivation thing just got a lot more difficult to achieve.
    Edited: July 25, 2017

6. My problem with the "Kara buff" is that it's counter intuitive. You go to a dungeon/raid to get gear, so that content becomes more manageable. In it's current state, the trash is still 1 shotting tanks who have ALL the Kara gear and more. Makes no sense. Please fix this. Fix the drop rates while you're at it.

7. I know I'm late to the party, but I made a toon on outlands at first I was like awesome, get to level 70 do endgame, well what I encounterd was everyone was mostly a dick, unskilled players, no one had attachments to there toons, nor did I, leveled so fast, well I made a enhance shammy on medivh and man am i having fun leveling, joined a guild thats very social i look forward to jumping on and talking to those people, in the end I wouldn't say it was burning crusades content that made it great but the community it had, which medivh does have compared to the spam fest on outlands, so in the end roll what's gonna be fun for you man :)

8. I know I'm late to the party, but I made a toon on outlands at first I was like awesome, get to level 70 do endgame, well what I encounterd was everyone was mostly a dick, unskilled players, no one had attachments to there toons, nor did I, leveled so fast, well I made a enhance shammy on medivh and man am i having fun leveling, joined a guild thats very social i look forward to jumping on and talking to those people, in the end I wouldn't say it was burning crusades content that made it great but the community it had, which medivh does have compared to the spam fest on outlands, so in the end roll what's gonna be fun for you man :)
    So true. I too leveled a toon on Outland and hit 70. Got full pvp gear and did some arenas there, got close to 2k (when the top team had 2.100ish) but soon realized how childish and immature the pvp community actually is. My partner basically started to leave games when I didn't dispell viper sting quickly enough. He was a good player though but I decided to leave him since I'm too old these days playing with people inflicting unnecessary drama like that. After that I struggled finding anyone decent to play with and just quit altogether. Now I'm leveling on Medivh and having a great time, taking my time and already met enjoyable people.

9. On outland Euro players are more Childish and rude compared to NA players from what ive seen.

Probably more kids in Euro than horde.

As far as between Mage and shaman, I would roll a Mage.

Since when you joined group they know you can only dps.

They wont give you **** for Not tanking or Healing.

Also mage is not a so popular class, so the demand for them is higher.

10. As a ranged DPS it will always be easier to find groups, and Mages aren't particularly populated in TBC either so it's one of the best classes to roll IMO.
    The thing is though, if you're good at your class it will show and people will learn to recognise your name and invite you regardless of what they actually need, because they know you can be relied on. So basically just roll what you want to play and as long as you're good at it you'll be fine.

11. @Salig: Are you not worried about the PVP scene on Medvih though? I'm new to Warmane (Medvih) but I'm slightly worried about the amount of people telling me there's almost no PVP at all here so I'm inclined to join the Outland realm instead but I'm also worried about that because everyone says it's P2W unless you're PVE-oriented.
    Edited: August 4, 2017

12. I think the pvp is dead on medivh because pvpers ask if the pvp is dead on medivh and when people say yes they then roll on outland instead. If these pvpers rolled on medivh and started a pvp scene here then there would be one, but avoiding it and going to outland instead is being part of the problem instead of the solution.

13. @Salig: Are you not worried about the PVP scene on Medvih though? I'm new to Warmane (Medvih) but I'm slightly worried about the amount of people telling me there's almost no PVP at all here so I'm inclined to join the Outland realm instead but I'm also worried about that because everyone says it's P2W unless you're PVE-oriented.
    Yeah, I came to the same conclusion and decided to stay on Medvih.