1. World PvP Addon - TBC - Backport - Spy

Hi guys, for everyone who is into world pvp this addon is definitly a must.
    It was only available for wotlk or higher patches and i hired and payed a coder named "fkndarthlol" to do a backport for me.
    The addon is complete functionally and works exactly the same like it worked in wotlk.

About Spy:

The addon scans the combat log for actions performed by enemy players. If an enemy player is detected the addon will attempt to determine their class, race and level based on the ability that was used. The addon will then sound an alert and add the enemy player to its list.

Spy can be configured to announce enemy player encounters to a chat channel and can also be configured to share data with other Spy users in your party, raid or guild. This allows a group of players to share information and determine the location of enemy players over a vast area.

Usage
    Spy should work as soon as it has been enabled through the Addons window on your character select screen.
    The Spy window

The Spy window will initially appear under your character portrait, but can be moved by dragging the title bar. The title bar contains the following buttons:

Target: Sends the total count of players recently detected to chat. Accuracy is dependent on detection ability and Nearby List settings.
    Clear: Manually clears all enemy players that have currently been detected. Holding the Control key down while clicking this button will enable/disable Spy while leaving it displayed.
    Left/Right: Navigates between the Nearby, Last Hour, Ignore and Kill On Sight lists. Spy is configured by default to switch back to the Nearby list when the next enemy player is detected.
    Close: Hides the Spy window. Spy is configured by default to show itself again when the next enemy player is detected. Alternatively you can type /spy show to manually show the addon.

The Nearby list

As enemy players are detected they will be added to the Nearby list. Clicking buttons in the list will target the enemy player (this only works when you are out of combat). Hovering over entries in the list will display a tooltip with the enemy player's details, including the last seen time and location. Right-clicking buttons displays a drop down menu which will allow you to manually:

Remove the enemy player from the Nearby list.
    Add/remove the enemy player to/from your Ignore and Kill On Sight lists.
    Announce the enemy player's details to a chat channel of your choice.
    Set multiple Kill On Sight reasons, if the player is on your Kill On Sight list.

If enemy players remain undetected they will be removed from the Nearby list after a configurable amount of time. The Nearby list will always sort by the time each enemy player was initially detected, with those enemy players who are Kill On Sight or actively performing actions being placed at the top of the list.
    The Last Hour list

The Last Hour list displays enemy players that have been detected in the last hour. It will always be sorted by the time each enemy player was initially detected, with those most recently detected appearing at the top of the list.
    The Ignore list

The Ignore list is where you can place enemy players you have deemed harmless. Spy will not generate any alerts for enemy players on your Ignore list. You can use the drop down menu to add/remove enemy players to/from the Ignore list, or alternatively hold the Control key down while clicking a button in the list to add/remove enemy players.
    The Kill On Sight list

The Kill On Sight list is where you place enemy players you especially want to know about. When enemy players on your Kill On Sight list are detected a warning will be displayed and an alarm will sound. You can use the drop down menu to add/remove enemy players to/from the Kill On Sight list, or alternatively hold the Shift key down while clicking a button in the list to add/remove enemy players.

Download Link: https://github.com/fkndarthlol/Spy/releases
    Edited: August 2, 2017

2. Hey guys, I'll try to maintain this addon, so if you want to use it, and find a bug, then report it here: https://github.com/fkndarthlol/Spy/issues

Cheers

3. I am surprised nobody seems to have use for it. Since i see so many world pvp player ingame daily. I guess they do not check for the forums =(

4. Is it possible to configure this addon in a way that when im in a battleground it shows the closest enemy target on top of the list?
    So can I actually use the addon to select opponents that i wanna kill in a bg?

5. I am surprised nobody seems to have use for it. Since i see so many world pvp player ingame daily. I guess they do not check for the forums =(
    There is a near identical, fully functional addon of a different name already in existing. The reason there's no demand for this, is because world pvpers already have it.

6. There is a near identical, fully functional addon of a different name already in existing. The reason there's no demand for this, is because world pvpers already have it.
    I know you are talking about Paranoia, but it is actually not better - You have no way to add people to a list, you can not add-ignore people that you maybe do not want to get reported and lotta more stuff.
    Working on a "merge" of the other addon feature into the backport because Paranoia recognizes the level by spell id ...

7. Is it possible to configure this addon in a way that when im in a battleground it shows the closest enemy target on top of the list?
    I would also be interested in such a functionality. Good idea.

8. I forwarded it your requests to the dev and will see how far it is possible. :)

9. I know you are talking about Paranoia, but it is actually not better - You have no way to add people to a list, you can not add-ignore people that you maybe do not want to get reported and lotta more stuff.
    Working on a "merge" of the other addon feature into the backport because Paranoia recognizes the level by spell id ...
    Never heard of Paranoia.

10. Is it possible to configure this addon in a way that when im in a battleground it shows the closest enemy target on top of the list?
    Sure, that's a really good idea Jakkre.
    Currently you can left click their name, and it will target them. However, I can add a "dynamic sorting" feature, by ensuring that the top result is always the closest.
    However, I'm not sure how accurate it will be before I work on it.

Anyway, I'll put that on the TODO, I'm not the original addon developer, just helped Holyhorror backport it to TBC, so It will take me some time for that reason. Also, I'm moving for the next few days, but after that I'll start.

11. A new fix has been applied, no longer will the class and coordinates be removed from a non-self announce.
    Fixed by wardz.

12. Next goal will be replacing the spell names by spell id`s to have a more accurate level detection of ingame players.

13. New version of Spy is released, it is v1.0

We have increased the detection accuracy by replacing the spell list from a spell name match, to a spell ID match, therefore, we can more accurately guess the players level.

The new spell list is not "scraped" or "guessed" or done by hand as it would be on any retail addon, or on Paranoia. In fact, the new spell list is generated directly from the cMangos database itself, thus ensuring it is 100% accurate.

Next release will have more features, and an ElvUI integration (optional).

Since some users have said it doesn't work due to the folder being called Spy-Master (as downloaded from GitHub), this current version can be downloaded as a Release: https://github.com/fkndarthlol/Spy/releases

Simply hit "Spy.zip"

Enjoy!
    Edited: August 2, 2017

14. The updated version works so damn accurate now. The level guessing is never appart of 5 level - Before the addon sometimes guessed level of people in a lvl 40 area as lvl 5 or 10..... now it guesses the level nearly always right. It is now much better then the original ones.

15. how do u use this ingame? any slash command for config?

12 Last