1. Buying a TV UHD vs HD

Hi there,

So I'm currently looking at buying TV's, my initial mind set was buying a UHD TV as it would essentially last me a while before I decide to replace.
    However I have a question regarding the resolution, before that my use for it.

I'll mainly be using it for Movies/Series (Streamed) and sometimes gaming (mostly old Playstation games or Controller games I own on steam).
    My pc isn't good enough to play these games at 4K resolution, and I don't plan on upgrading for this to be possible. 1080p@60fps in my opinion is fine and I don't plan on forking out that much in order to play 4K@60fps.

On another note the internet in my Country is really bad/expensive so streaming at 4K most likely won't ever happen.

I want to know if it's worthwhile to get a UHD if I'll most likely only be watching videos that are 1080p/720p or playing games at 1080p?

I did try googling this, but not a lot of articles regarding this, but instead regarding the comparison between the 2, or whether it's worth while to upgrade.

My budget is around $400, but i'll go up to $500 if it's worth while.

Thanks in advanced :)

2. just a tip, TV is terrible for pc gaming even if theyre high res, they got a higher latency/response than a pc screen, you may find it laggy when playing (IE mouse moving up to 1 sec after you moved it in some cases)

dont get a tv for pc gaming, ever.

3. Just get duel monitors, or a TV and a monitor, 1 for pc, 1 for your console / tv&movies.

4. The way I see it, you've already made up your mind against UHD. If your connection is weak, your PC is weak, and your providers don't even offer UHD, then why would you invest another thousand for a UHD TV?

My family was making the same decision around half a year ago because our old TV was waaaaaay over its time (more than 20 years old, CRT screen). They figured that in the end there isn't much they can use a UHD for in order to justify its purchase. My father is not sports-crazy to watch UHD live games, my mother is not a fan of home cinema, and I come home 2-3 times a year.

When making such decisions it is important to not fall into the trap of consumerism and go for the highest possible option in case you don't really need it. Simple example - I'd love to own a Porsche but in all honesty there ain't that many places for me to actually enjoy it, the roads are trash, its taxes are expensive, and I'd be death-scared to drive it or leave it anywhere but in my garage. So instead I'm aiming for a Fiesta. I like Fiestas.

5. Well i bought my samsung best buy in its field 2 years ago for 1100 euro.Works flawlessly in all fields,even response time is great.Worth every penny.My advice is to save for somo more but buy beast of tv.Most likely il sell it in year or so and buy sonething for 1.7 k euro.i am really big fa n of large tvs.
    And samsung is great tbh.Buying next week S8 for wife.They are really friggin pioneers in er fields.

6. Thanks for the advice guys.
    Ended up getting a Hisense 49inch uhd smart tv. It was on sale and the same price as the FHD variant.

I'm only playing controller based games on the TV. Generally things like Darksiders, Final Fantasy.
    I don't really notice lag. Also played Dark Souls 3 and it was fine.

I play mouse/keyboard games on my normal monitor.

7. Generally things like Darksiders
    Soooooo, you hyped for Darksiders 3 much?

(I wish I had where to play it on)

8. dont get a tv for pc gaming, ever.
    I highly disagree!
    Bought a 42 philips tv as a PC "monitor" back in 2010 (not even led lol), and had 0 regrets of doing so for 7 years - its still working without any problems. except of small parts of "dying" crystals (they appeared ~1.5 years ago) or something like that, on the top edge of a screen (they look like a bit darkened parts), but after 7 years of using tv every single day, for 10-15 hours each day, its no wonder.
    I have never experienced any input lags. Maybe i was just lucky and bought a good model, because i didn't even hear about such problems on tvs before buying.
    For entertainment purposes (gaming/videos), TV is a superior because of its size. Flying on a jet in battlefield 3 on 42 screen was breathtaking (for first few weeks of flying i even felt dizzy all the time) and still is. Immersion is huge!
    For watching videos its even better - im using SmoothVideo Project for 24->60fps increase, and sharpening filter in my videoplayer, so the picture is so amazing (even for such old tv as mine - on modern LED tvs with increased HZ, brightness, and build-in fps increase things it should be much better).

I highly reccomend to ensure about TV resolution on PC connection before buying! Some tvs (as mine) have 1080p on video signal (like TV/PS3-4/Xbox), BUT maximum PC resolution (on PC with HDMI) is 1680x1050 (1080p is here, but its blurry). I dont know how to explain this, but thats what i faced and wasnt able to fix for years - maybe this problem doesnt even exist in modern TVs, but you'd better to check it before buying!
    Also i've noticed that i need "bigger" fps to feel comfort - for my TV comfort zone is ~52-60 fps (the bigger the better obviously), everything less than 50 is not so good looking, and less than 40 is very uncomfortable for my eyes. I dont know how to explain this, maybe its somehow connected with fps-hz, or thats a simply "feature" of all tvs, or maybe just old ones. On average monitor i started to notice influence of bad fps only lower 40-45 fps.

PS Sorry for bad english.

9. Soooooo, you hyped for Darksiders 3 much?

(I wish I had where to play it on)
    Not really >.<, Watched the alpha footage and it seems pretty lame tbh.
    We'll have to wait and see with that one.

Excited for Elex though (I'm a big Gothic/Risen Fan)

I highly disagree!
    Bought a 42 philips tv as a PC "monitor" back in 2010 (not even led lol), and had 0 regrets of doing so for 7 years - its still working without any problems. except of small parts of "dying" crystals (they appeared ~1.5 years ago) or something like that, on the top edge of a screen (they look like a bit darkened parts), but after 7 years of using tv every single day, for 10-15 hours each day, its no wonder.
    I have never experienced any input lags. Maybe i was just lucky and bought a good model, because i didn't even hear about such problems on tvs before buying.
    For entertainment purposes (gaming/videos), TV is a superior because of its size. Flying on a jet in battlefield 3 on 42 screen was breathtaking (for first few weeks of flying i even felt dizzy all the time) and still is. Immersion is huge!
    For watching videos its even better - im using SmoothVideo Project for 24->60fps increase, and sharpening filter in my videoplayer, so the picture is so amazing (even for such old tv as mine - on modern LED tvs with increased HZ, brightness, and build-in fps increase things it should be much better).

I highly reccomend to ensure about TV resolution on PC connection before buying! Some tvs (as mine) have 1080p on video signal (like TV/PS3-4/Xbox), BUT maximum PC resolution (on PC with HDMI) is 1680x1050 (1080p is here, but its blurry). I dont know how to explain this, but thats what i faced and wasnt able to fix for years - maybe this problem doesnt even exist in modern TVs, but you'd better to check it before buying!
    Also i've noticed that i need "bigger" fps to feel comfort - for my TV comfort zone is ~52-60 fps (the bigger the better obviously), everything less than 50 is not so good looking, and less than 40 is very uncomfortable for my eyes. I dont know how to explain this, maybe its somehow connected with fps-hz, or thats a simply "feature" of all tvs, or maybe just old ones. On average monitor i started to notice influence of bad fps only lower 40-45 fps.

PS Sorry for bad english.
    I think the people that say don't buy Tv for gaming, have monitors with Hz higher than 60, and because of this they're able to see the difference when going back to anything lower. Tv's generally don't have a very high Hz (not the cheap ones anyway).

It's similar to when I first started playing WoW here and the server was hosted in the US, so I had around 400ping, but I was use to this and was still able to do really well in PvP. Then you would here about people that had a 100 ping and moaning about lag.

As for the rest of the things you mention, I'm not too familiar with, so I cannot really comment. I did note however when connecting my Tv to my Pc, I wanted to Duplicate the Display to 1080p but the TV didn't like that, however when playing games at that resolution on the TV it has no problem.
    Edited: August 25, 2017

10. Not really >.<, Watched the alpha footage and it seems pretty lame tbh.
    We'll have to wait and see with that one.

Excited for Elex though (I'm a big Gothic/Risen Fan)

I think the people that say don't buy Tv for gaming, have monitors with Hz higher than 60, and because of this they're able to see the difference when going back to anything lower. Tv's generally don't have a very high Hz (not the cheap ones anyway).

It's similar to when I first started playing WoW here and the server was hosted in the US, so I had around 400ping, but I was use to this and was still able to do really well in PvP. Then you would here about people that had a 100 ping and moaning about lag.

As for the rest of the things you mention, I'm not too familiar with, so I cannot really comment. I did note however when connecting my Tv to my Pc, I wanted to Duplicate the Display to 1080p but the TV didn't like that, however when playing games at that resolution on the TV it has no problem.
    is not the hz limit, is the delay most if not all modern HD tv have because of their filters.

stuff are always 0,5 to 1 sec slower showing than in a pc screen.