1. Thinking about starting to play casually on a druid, what's it like in tbc?

How's tbc for druids? What specs are best for leveling and endgame?
    I personally prefer Balance and Restoration, and was wondering if I can level with those.

If I'm not wrong, there is custom dual spec here, which would be quite nice.

2. Druid is the strongest all-round class in TBC by far. They developed a savage reputation as being pretty much unkillable if they wanted to get away and the strongest 2's partner available. As a perfect example there's currently a level 64 Druid whos been ganking in Hillsbrad for a few days now. Even a 70 sent to kill him can't get this business done because he decides to flee. Constant shapeshift + HoT + speed + stealth = unkillable.

You're correct there is dual-spec here so you could easily level as Balance with healing Off-spec.

Your main issue is that Medivh is a 1x server and doesn't really serve the casual player very well, Outland may be more suited as its easier but the servers are entirely different. (Outland is the autistic nursery)

3. i reply to you from my PERSONAL point of view.
    Druid, like shaman class (both hybrid) are very good for leveling having good damage output (feral cat) and resistance on demand (bear).
    your downtime will be minimal once you get your cat form and until then you will be going bear form all time and feral specced (balance and resto are no go for leveling untill outlands area for balance druid where they become somewhat able to level in such spec)
    druid is always a high demand healer. Tree of life is quite op even in tbc when he did not get all buffs from wotlk.
    Both blance and resto are viable. there are coupe videos and guides if you google them around.