1. I am a bit fat. can anyone give me some tips?

Title says it all. Time to bust out the SOD (Shoes of destiny)! Any tips on loosing weight?

Note this thread is for fun

2. Cut out junk food and sweet drinks and such out of your diet. Eat cleaner in general, and slash your caloric intake a good amount. Progressively do more and more of some form of cardio like biking, running, or swimming. Measure your progress and stay motivated.

3. Are you interested in cooking?
    It tends to be easier to eat healthy if you have a certain interest in cooking and experimenting with food. Try new stuff that tastes good and is good for you. Healthy food doesn't always have to be boring and bland. ;-)

Losing weight is literally 20% working out and 80% diet. (Depending on your goal of course)

Some small steps that will make a difference for you if you can keep it going for a while:
    - Replace soda and juices with water.
    - Make sure you don't consume food that contains a lot of salt (salt is the devil)
    - Try to be more active, go hiking or just go for a nice walk. Simply getting out more often and move is great.
    - Stress less and sleep more. (yep this is true)
    - Avoid eating/snacking out of boredom.

Regards,
    Yourecute

4. you lose exactly 21g when you die, might be something to consider to get motivation :D

5. 1) Start drinking more water if you are not already doing that. 1-2L daily even if you don't feel like it. A lot of people confuse hunger with thirst. Just fill bottle with water and keep it near you.

Initially when you start hydrating, its likely you'll gain some weight (duh), about 1-2 kg depending on how dehydrated you walk around.

2) Go for walk in the evening, daily. Doing it on morning would be quite ideal, but I'm unable to do it myself either, feelsbad.

Pick 1 or 2 things to do max. Changing all of your behaviour at once is hard. Changing one thing at a time, easy.

6. thanks for all the advice everyone!

7. 1) Start drinking more water if you are not already doing that. 1-2L daily even if you don't feel like it. A lot of people confuse hunger with thirst. Just fill bottle with water and keep it near you.

Initially when you start hydrating, its likely you'll gain some weight (duh), about 1-2 kg depending on how dehydrated you walk around.
    This is not quite correct.

It's normal to lose weight when you get more hydrated, because you lose water retention. Water retention often occurs in the initial stages of dehydration - as the body loses fluids, it will try to make up for the loss by conserving any remaining. Instead of processing liquid out of the body, the water is reabsorbed into the tissue. The only way to remove this and medical risks, if you're holding onto alot of water, is to begin drinking more fluids. Fluids are heavy, so you will actually lose weight when you get more hydrated.

It is because of this many people lose weight "faster" when they first begin on their diet and workouts, they're losing water weight.

As for how much water a person should drink during the day depends on their weight and height. You don't have to drink at least 1-2L, consuming too much water can be dangerous. So you should listen to your body and drink when you're feeling thirsty. :-)

Regards,
    Yourecute

8. If you can, remove bread from your diet. It can be hard but you can reduce it gradually. Bread accounts for 30% of calorie intake and doesn't add to food flavor.
    And most importantly - exercise. And don't be discouraged if you don't see results right away, it can take time.

9. What yourecute said in his/her first post sums it up very nicely. You can spoil yourself with sweets and drinks every now and then, but just don't consume them daily. They're very sugary and very bad for your liver, blood pressure, and blood sugar. Remember that coke was invented as a medicine for headache, ingestion problems, low blood pressure and feeling down. It was never meant to be consumed regularly - the food industry forced that onto us.

Exercising can be hard because it requires motivation or a person to go together to the gym with. My advice to you, if you find yourself in such a position (which is nothing to be ashamed of, really), is to just find a healthy hobby/sport which you enjoy and practice it :)

I hate going to the gym by myself. I do exercises but not regularly. However, I love riding my bicycle and I take it out every now and then, doing at least 10km per run. I just choose a direction and go - countryside, old buildings, forest paths - it's just my favorite thing to do, it keeps my mind clear and my legs and lungs strong. It also lets me explore places within my reach that I never knew existed, take some nice photos, and relax away from people.

Then, when I go to the gym, people are usually surprised how a guy as small as me (64kg) can lift so much. :D On the flipside, my chest and arms are like of a 14yo teenager. And I'm 27... -_-

Edit: another thing you should do is stop being food-lazy. Try to eat cooked food or buy food from the warm stand at the shop. Avoid buying half-ready or frozen food. Avoid eating lazy meals only to save time. This is something that I am guilty of doing myself, but I'm trying to change that. Bad eating and sleeping habits are the core of the problem. If you can change that, then you're 80% done, as yourecute said. The less you sleep, the more stressed your body is and the worse you feel during the day.
    Edited: July 29, 2017

10. Diets don't matter for **** if you don't do exercise, don't bother eating only greens with water for a billion weeks if you won't sweat along with it.

11. This is completely false. You gain weight [not muscles, but fat] because of bad metabolism and doing nothing. If you stop to eat you'll lose muscles first and at end fat. First you should fix your metabolism by eating alot times, like 5-6 per day but not much also drink alot of water. Next step is - start to move. Even walk if you want, but do something if you're lazy to workout.
    Exclude:
    fried foods
    carbonated drinks
    juice [the one from shop, because its mostly water and sugar]
    bread [like pizzas etc, but toasted bread is ok for breakfast for example you can't totally exclude bread since there are things only bread contains and no other food]

Drink alot of water meanwhile or after you eat. After that do some exercises or walk. Don't eat and sit. Don't eat before sleep.

Still if you workout hard you can eat whatever you want, the problem if you workout hard is that you expect some results and want to eat calories which adds on your muscles and power like meat [chicken, fish etc], eggs etc not chips or pizza which adds directly on your *** and after you burn them result is zero

Sorry for bad english hope this helps you
    Edited: July 30, 2017

12. Diets don't matter for **** if you don't do exercise, don't bother eating only greens with water for a billion weeks if you won't sweat along with it.
    Ofcourse diets will help out a lot. I got stuck, because I was to focused on only the workout, and only had an ok diet. Then I started dieting and had a good focus on that too, and everything went so much easier.

13. As for how much water a person should drink during the day depends on their weight and height. You don't have to drink at least 1-2L, consuming too much water can be dangerous. So you should listen to your body and drink when you're feeling thirsty.
    Water consumption depends on that how you get rid off of it. If you sit the whole day on cold place and doing nothing - yes, 2-3L is normal. If you sweat while workout, get rid off of that water you should consume alot - your body don't ask you how much water you drink in past 24 hours, huh. All is up to what your body doing with the water you consume, there is nothing like limit of how much you can drink per day. If you meant kidney problems with 'dangerous' -no

123 Last