1. Heroic dungeons as hybrid dps

Hey Medivh,

Wondering about finding groups as a dps without hard CC.

I just remember hating grabbing non-CC classes when I was tanking.

I am not sure how far into raiding I want to get so discussions of class viability don't really apply to me.

Should hybrid classes mostly stick to their healing/tanking specs or have people found they can find heroic groups?

Thanks

2. Eh this would essentially mean that spriest, fury, enhance, elemental, balance and retri won't have access to HC's which is ludicrous. Of course you'll find groups no matter what spec you are, as long as you know what you're doing.

3. There is a lot more to the subject, a Shadow Priest is an asset to a group, a Fury Warrior who can demo-shout can do a lot for Pala tank survival and the Pala tank can allow a Fury to properly dps (super strong damage on trash), an Enhancement Shaman is wanted for the totems/bloodlust and a Tremor totem is just as valuable as any CC in many dungeons. Maybe you will take a Mage/Lock to the group or both and then a spot for a hybrid, it really isn't all that important.

It really comes down to group comp, if you're doing Shattered Halls Heroic with a Warrior tank then you want more CC because of their threat limitations. If you're doing HC Slave pens you need to be able to deal with the large pack before the last boss, which requires control/burst CC, but you probably only need 1 hard CC for that pack if you have things like fears, cylcones, roots, stuns.. I even did that pack with a Feral Druid DPS who went bear for the large pack and played 2nd tank which worked well..

On the whole hybrids have a lot of use if they know how to playe their classes/specs well, if you're geared enough you can get away without any hard CC with a Paladin tanking.

4. So i'll answer in relation to Retribution, as I ran it literally on retail TBC through to Cata raiding. Ret has HoJ and Repentance as cc, offheals, defensive utility, and blessing buffs, and if grouped with an enhance shaman in particular is good dps. It's about smart play really. If you're a ret that groups with casters (maybe you have no choice at times) the dps is going to be lower, you still bring offheals, longer CD cc, defensive utility. How any group could scorn a Ret, not unless theyre an absolute garbage player of course that doesn't help the group or watch buffing, is unbelievable.
    Also if you carry a sword and board and th egroup is in trouble you could literally apply Righteous Fury and offtank.