1. Wotlk 3.3.5 Client keeps resetting settings and unable to connect

My problem is rather strange. Basically, every other time I start up wow.exe my graphics settings get reset, the WOTLK cut-scene plays and it's as if I am starting up the application for the very first time. Whenever this happens, I can't connect to the server. It just stays on connected and then it says unable to connect. I have to restart my computer to fix this problem.
    Any explanations for this? Thanks so much!

2. Good day sir, please right click on your Wow folder>properties> then uncheck (Read only) see if that works.

3. hello, im having the same problem and i tried turning off read only but it automatically turns back on even after i hit apply

4. hello, im having the same problem and i tried turning off read only but it automatically turns back on even after i hit apply
    May I ask what kind of OS you have on pc?

5. The uncheck read only solution works for me, so thank you a lot for that!

6. 1. Go to C:\ or D:\ (whatever is the name of the drive where you downloaded WoW.
    2. Find WoW folder - "World of Warcraft 3.3.5a (no install)".
    3. Right click on it -> Click Properties.
    4. Untick read-only option ( https://prnt.sc/g48v3k ).
    5. Click Apply.
    6. When it opens another window and asks you to apply it to all files and folders in it, click Ok ( https://prnt.sc/g48vtx ).

Hope this helps!
    t e n l e t t e r s

Edit: It's fine if it shows as checked once you do that the first time, it's just a visual thing and it'll save your settings.

7. Works for me man. Thanks a lot!

=]

8. Hei , I solved the problem with ''read-only'', but the chat keeps not working , doesn't appear , it's empty, but the combat chat works

9. Hei , I solved the problem with ''read-only'', but the chat keeps not working , doesn't appear , it's empty, but the combat chat works
    Reset chat settings. You should be able to right click on chat tabs to open settings.

10. hello, im having the same problem and i tried turning off read only but it automatically turns back on even after i hit apply
    That happens because you're making the modification to the short-cut file that is on your desktop or whatever it may be. So, go to the main wow.exe file inside wow folder and do the modification there.