1. Why not protection warrior for ICC?

Hey all, I see often that protection warriors don't get picked up for ICC raids as recruitment for ICC pugs or semi organized runs explicitly state that, when looking for a tank, they are looking for either a paladin or druid (and sometimes death knight). Protection warrior is never mentioned.

Why is this?
    And is this happening only on this server?

2. Cuz prot warrs are getting oneshotted from any boss,it was only semi playable during naxx.But again not the best one.My tip is stay away from protection,go fury.

3. is this real?, because im leveling a warrior and i dont like paly/dk for tanking :(. At least , I wanna do 10n or 25n with a tank warrior, it is posible?

4. No not really. Pal/Dudu tank best.

5. So what makes them worse?

Do they just have lower passive physical mitigation than other tanks? (so excluding cooldowns)

6. So what makes them worse?
    Lack of effective health. Bears inherently have a massive amount of it, and while Blood DKs and Prot Pallies at first appear as if they don't, they do actually have unique talents that endow them with an effect equivalent to having EHP almost on par with a Bear. These talents are Will of the Necropolis and Ardent Defender.

Meanwhile, the Prot Warrior's toolkit is focused less on EHP and more on occasional damage mitigation via blocking, between a CD like Shield Block and their Critical Blocking talent. This works superbly for tanking mobs that are soft-hitting, very fast hitting, or both, but 3.3's endgame features bosses that are the polar opposite of that. A monstrously hard-hitting boss that repeatedly breaks you to within an inch of your life upon the slightest lapse on the part of your tank healers is a boss best handled by a tank who has his EHP maximized. You don't want to count on a lucky avoidance or mitigation streak; you want to count on a huge EHP buffer that is guaranteed to always be there. That is the sell of the EHP emphasis, and while of course a Prot Warrior might be perfectly playable, it's just not preferable, and that has to do with its intrinsically lower EHP. And it's not just Prot Warriors. Unholy and Frost DK tanks are generally less favored than their Blood counterparts because they have that same setback of lacking a talent like Will of the Necropolis that significantly boosts your EHP to the point of being comparable to a Bear's.

7. I see, thanks!

So then in bosses like council where the group chooses to have a first tank on keleseth and a second on the other 2 bosses, because the second tank is taking fast hits a prot warrior would be good as that second tank, yes? (although a prot pala would be better for this I suppose)

8. Tanking both Valanar and Taldaram is not necessarily a great example of that advantage because the sheer melee damage can be pretty high too. Something like, say Deathbringer Saurfang that has lower melee damage but is designed to make up for that with a very fast swing time plays better to a Prot Warr's strengths because the block amount comprises a higher % of the full hit. It's not uncommon under the effect of Shield Block to see a critical Block mitigate upwards of 50-60% of the full hit when it comes to bosses like DBS, or Marrowgar and his Bone Slice, etc.

9. Valanar and Taldaram each hit 20k, and I've tanked that stuff plenty of times with a warrior even though it's a terrible experience since you can drop dead any second if healers get interrupted for any reason and you miss a cooldown during that time(3 (2 physical + 1 aoe) tanks here guys, the fight becomes a cakewalk). The only place where we don't have a place is LK heroic. Warriors have higher armor(if using bonus armor pieces, which you definitely should) than druids and even though that doesn't completely offsets the EH difference, its very close. Add block to that which blocks around 2k average(critical+normal) per hit(that's 6-8% damage reduction on 25-30k melee hits). Problem is Lich King does shadow damage on one of his highest hitting moves and on heroic you might as well kiss your *** goodbye without cooldowns(25man sindra trinket is godlike here). Pure EH OR having Argent Defender/Will of the necropolis HELPS A LOT. Warriors don't have a safety net or the HP to take that hit if everything is on cooldown. That's why it's not recommended to take a warrior here.

Every other boss is just as easily tankable by Druids and Warriors. DK's have the edge on Sindra. Druids can soak Queens offtank damage better. Warriors excel at Dreamwalker(shockwave + shield block on worms). Paladins only advantage over Warriors is argent defender, which gets negated by proper Last Stand usage. Paladins are a lot like warriors but far more reliable but they don't excel in anything.

Also Warriors have Thunder Clap(20% attack speed reduction = 20% damage reduction on physical bosses). That skill that people claim that everyone else specs into which leads to nobody speccing into it or using it(DK's, Druids + another class). You can't claim Warriors can't tank and then completely forget this in your raid, which happens all the time.

Blocking was bugged in Naxxramas by the way which made it awful and legitimately hurt prot warriors.