1. It is really hard to know before implementing any kind of change what will make the server a better place to play. Just like with writing code a tiny modification can lead to huge unforeseen consequences. I think you all don't realize that this is the cause for Malaco and the other staff's reluctance.

In the original post it says that it is difficult to find a 2v2 partner. I just want to make sure you know that there is an unrated 2v2 that you can que for without having a partner.

Also you said that you there are hardly ever any GMs online. You need to take a screenshot or find the arena replay ID of a match where someone is hacking and send it via private message on the forums to either Proterean or Aldtharios. Include in your message the player's names, the time and date it happened, proof such as a screenshot or arena ID number, the realm name and an explanation of what happened. Do not just close out of your in-game ticket and give up. Get on the forums and send a GM a message about the issue.

It takes a long time to get profession bonuses and full wrathful gear for a reason. I would argue it encourages people to play a decent volume of games just as does needing ten games each week to get arena points. It isn't a flawed mechanism even if it can lead to frustration.

Soloque is the answer. 2v2 can be horribly imbalanced at times and 3v3 is extremely challenging. The issue with Soloque is that there aren't enough healers queing as compared to dps. That is a problem with the player base.

If you have a creative and well laid out plan to make Blackrock better then please share it. Let me give you an example of a non-issue. If you complain about people talking trash then what do you want the staff to do? Ban those people when you could just put them on ignore? And this nonsense about "free gear". You already get instant level 80, you really want to be completely without an incentive?

The only very easy change to make that I think would also help bring more balance is removing Death Knight/Warrior/Healer from being an option in Soloque. If you want to make Soloque a place to rummage around and have fun then by all means keep it. However, if you would like to see it be taken seriously and become a place where skilled players invest their time and effort then I think taking out a composition that consistently leads to 30 second arena matches is a must.
    I'd add that the key issue many players face is improper mindset. Instead of realizing they have tons of room to improve, they blame their partners, gear, rng, lag, and basically everything & everyone else but their own gameplay.

At the same time, there are are numerous cases of skilled players reaching relatively high ratings with full rele gear (also something that makes gearing a lot faster).

I don't think anyone playing below 2K has a case to complain about their rating because of the gear.

Real talk, you don't have to be particularly talented for this game as long as you're willing to learn how classes work, what the general strats are, and practice.

Everyone that puts in the effort can have fun. Gear you wear is just reflection, practically a side effect, of that.

2. Owloverlordq, I have 2070 rating, nothing great but not a 1500 player either. Can I seriously ask you something? Are you part of the site staff or are paid?

3. Owloverlordq, I have 2070 rating, nothing great but not a 1500 player either. Can I seriously ask you something? Are you part of the site staff or are paid?
    Not an argument.

4. It's extremely hard to find a 2v2 partner(in comparison with what it used to be). They, obviously, have to match your comp, gear, and XP standards. Generally, most players fake their rating/XP because it's just so easy to do.
    How do you look for a 2v2 partner? You cannot fake your rating since you can check stats ingame. They did the hard reset to eliminate this problem.

Past that, the meta is kind of broken since there are only few comps dominating the ladder. Particularly warrior/pala. They, kind of, changed the server's mechanics(reduced arena healing by 10%, increased DR durations, delayed dampening (...).
    This isn't true. There are plenty of comps viable to reach r1 2v2/3v3 (and there were in the past). There never was a dampening mechanic in retail. Dampening mechanic is needed to avoid 40+ minute games.

As I mentioned, there are some custom changes such as 10% flat healing reduction in arenas.
    This isn't true also. Do your research before you complain about something.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/3-3-2

Another change is the dynamic DR, which some claim to be blizzlike(15-20 seconds), I think DRs always last 20 seconds so that proves the server does NOT want to follow the blizz-like system despite the claims of some individuals.
    Do your research before posting... http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Diminishing_returns

Do you like the realm you play on or would you like to see some changes?
    The current state of the games version is okay. It is as close to retail as any other realm out there (plus it has some unique features like replay/spectating). Ofcourse there are minor bugs which only veterans who palyed the game ages ago could see and also a few exploits, but you can adept to all of them.

The only problem I see here is the toxic/elitist community. Basically people here cannot socialize properly.

5. The current state of the games version is okay. It is as close to retail as any other realm out there (plus it has some unique features like replay/spectating). Ofcourse there are minor bugs which only veterans who palyed the game ages ago could see and also a few exploits, but you can adept to all of them.

The only problem I see here is the toxic/elitist community. Basically people here cannot socialize properly.
    Why is the realm at its all-time lowest when this so called version is okay ? It's clearly obvious this realm is getting no attention on purpose.

And tbh AT has always been pretty toxic.
    Edited: November 9, 2017

6. And tbh AT has always been pretty toxic.
    +1 for that. Been on molten wow from 2009 and never saw players this toxic. Now its too bad.

7. Here's something you guys haven't considered.

Why would I play on blackrock, where I got supremely screwed over and had all of my stuff deleted, when my actual main pve character, the one I've invested 5 years into, has already got 2k rating and full gear?

I'd rather play w/ casual friends and bgs on Icecrown than go restart again. It's a funrealm that thinks it's still 2007 AT.

8. We are aware of some of these issues. We'll address the most critical one in our opinion and that is staff monitoring for cheaters and such. We'll probably assign one person to monitor and handle all of the tickets on a daily basis so the wait time should be lowered to only a few hours.

As for the rest, they're not exactly issues, at least in my mind, but the way the game is at this very moment. We acknowledge them and we'll see what we can do, without any promises made.
    Currently rank 1 and 3 in the 3v3 bracket on blackrock are there by wintrades ... 2 second games . This is not a "critical issue" ?

9. Its sad to see that at least half of the threads on this section of the forum is about A.T/past days. Right now there are two teams queueing only in 2v2. It just makes me wonder, if nobody cares about the server because it doesn't bring in any money, then why not implement something that would make this server net some sort of money? Why bother hosting this server, if you don't earn anything from it? Why would you let it die out like this due to lack of attention, it's just straight up depressing to see the demise of this realm.

10. Bump. Please remove this ****ing **** system of tokens and cases.... First game of my day and i get this bull****.... i log other char and i get other guy asking for tokens.
    Edited: December 2, 2017

11. Have you ever played with a warsong between 2011-12 they Should return this realm Should make it a little hard for the players Just have a bigger goal in the game Your goal is first to get a good gear and then aim for a nice reting i love that expirience that i have these days it was very nice

12. They should make something new for sure, i want to bring back the old WARSONG 3.3.5 i was nice even a normal player can i have fun time there to play pvp but a normal player can`t have it now on backrock just hell not i hope they change something there

13. i think big problem is that there are no new players in the server because people are afraid to play arenas they get eaten up asap by old players usually even with some gear in 1,5 rating, this server need some changes to make it playable not only for hardcore players to get some fresh blood

14. I'm from Russia and i want to say first i agree with all of these problems discussing here. I remember old AT, around 400-500 ppl from 2k online were Russuin people 100%. We, russians, love wotlk because it was first addon full translated into our lang. And also we love pvp (see on Circle server...). But i can say that Noone(almost) from russian players will play too long in full s7 set, it's boring!!!! I wanna play on FUN server, not GRIND server..... With Soloq and uniting AP for 2s and 3s, you killed 3 vs 3 - THE MOST FUN. Just return old AT system getting of set and non-set, give us rewards only for 3s, AP 1 per 2 days, and i sure that a lot of russian players will come back. P.S. You deleted LEGENDARY weapons from realm, Why????? Fun realm without model of SM and Azzinoth blades isn't Fun realm, know it!!!! P.P.S. sorry for my english, i had a bad teacher for my second lang and i try to up my level now(it's the reason of my return).
    Edited: January 14, 2018

15. I'm from Russia and i want to say first i agree with all of these problems discussing here. I remember old AT, around 400-500 ppl from 2k online were Russuin people 100%. We, russians, love wotlk because it was first addon full translated into our lang. And also we love pvp (see on Circle server...). But i can say that Noone(almost) from russian players will play too long in full s7 set, it's boring!!!! I wanna play on FUN server, not GRIND server..... With Soloq and uniting AP for 2s and 3s, you killed 3 vs 3 - THE MOST FUN. Just return old AT system getting of set and non-set, give us rewards only for 3s, AP 1 per 2 days, and i sure that a lot of russian players will come back. P.S. You deleted LEGENDARY weapons from realm, Why????? Fun realm without model of SM and Azzinoth blades isn't Fun realm, know it!!!! P.P.S. sorry for my english, i had a bad teacher for my second lang and i try to up my level now(it's the reason of my return).
    thing is no1 wants u hacking russians in our servers. Stay at circle please

First ... 2345 Last