1. The current state of Blackrock

So I just wanted to summarize the whole Blackrock realm. Now, please don't take this as whining.

So basically you start off with full rele gear. If you are ****ty at PvP, the community wouldn't allow you to have a chill time since it is unforgiving. So unless you are some hardcore non-give-a-****-wit, you won't have a good time. And that means the server is generally for people from ex-AT or for those who are sick of retail and want to relive good old wrath-PvP, a.k.a: relatively experienced players.

The gap between Relentless and Wrathful is despicable so unless you merely counter somebody else's comp, you aren't likely to win. Gearing up takes a month so you have to play twice a week(which idm, I personally log with my partner twice a week and I'm super fine with it), but that reduces the frequency at which people are stimulated to play.

It's extremely hard to find a 2v2 partner(in comparison with what it used to be). They, obviously, have to match your comp, gear, and XP standards. Generally, most players fake their rating/XP because it's just so easy to do. I guess that turned out to be worse than ex-AT's buying accounts with high ratings. What do you think?

When you get to play 2v2, it is relatively easy to get to 1800-1900-ish where you can cover the required rating for most of your gear. Furthermore, you start getting decent arena points on flushes at around and above that rating. Past that, the meta is kind of broken since there are only few comps dominating the ladder. Particularly warrior/pala. They, kind of, changed the server's mechanics(reduced arena healing by 10%, increased DR durations, delayed dampening, removed patch 3.3.5b, which would nerf warriors with the intent to balance them). And most of those things altered the class balance and the meta. You can now barely see any rogues, mages, shadow priests or druids at the very top of the 2v2 bracket.

Next is 3v3 bracket which is sort of impossible to find partners unless you have friends already playing on Blackrock. The bracket is not dead yet, and you get matched up against players from the SoloQ bracket(to reduce queue times). I personally think that's great.

In SoloQ you can have some fun despite the RNG of poor synergy between comps or sometimes ?AFKING? partners. Nevertheless, gear is always a huge factor. Hence the tremendous transition between s7 and s8.

You can very rarely spot GMs online, so that makes it easy for hackers and scripters to do their thing. I have personally seen quite a few people using instant-kick/overpower scripts, etc. And even if you notice any, you would wait up to five days for a response and then the scripter might have possibliy lost interest in the server, or you'd be lacking proof anyway.

Transmogrification is very hard since it takes a while until you collect all of your set pieces or find alternative ones that match the colour of your set. I guess that's what makes the system fun.

As I mentioned, there are some custom changes such as 10% flat healing reduction in arenas. That is benefitting some double melee dps comps ,I suppose , and there are a lot of them.(Why not add a 10% damage reduction, too, to double damage comps?). Another change is the dynamic DR, which some claim to be blizzlike(15-20 seconds), I think DRs always last 20 seconds so that proves the server does NOT want to follow the blizz-like system despite the claims of some individuals.
    That leaves me confused as to why doesn't the Blackrock team implement 3.3.5b patch again, so we can see more playable comps and specs, and to shake up the meta too, and shape PvP as something better in general.

What do you guys think about those?

Do you like the realm you play on or would you like to see some changes?

Post in the comment section below.

2. Personally i've pretty much given up on the realm due to the things you mentioned, I feel that everyone's already aware of the state of Blackrock but they might be working on other servers. Just gets me sad to see how little improvement Blackrock had after the merge (in comparison to the other realms that is).

3. Many of us already write this but the staff doesn't care anymore, i leaved the server some weeks ago because the situation didn't change in a year and same patch, hard farming gear, impossible soloq etc..
    I just find another server and it's sad cause i was a big fan of arena tournament and now well.. it's over
    Idk why staff doesn't listen the opinion of community about blackrock and still the same of year ago
    It's frustrating farming gear for months in a instant80 pvp server and after my 10 weekly games i don't know what doing
    Hope in a change maybe

4. If you are sh*tty at PvP, the community wouldn't allow you to have a chill time since it is unforgiving. So unless you are some hardcore non-give-a-sh*t-wit, you won't have a good time..
    This is the reason why I don't play on Blackrock. I'm not amazing but I can say I'm quite good - 2k XP, at least. Still, I get verbally destroyed by random no-life morons for every single mistake I make, and that kills my desire to play on the realm more than any amount of lost arenas.

So yeah, I personally don't give a rat's *** about Blackrock. The only reason I tolerate that realm is because I know AT and retail veterans play there, and that's something to respect... as toxic as they are.

5. DonĀ“t take those guys so seriously mate. There is a lot of persons who behave like normal respectful people. You met only toxic ones probably.

In my opinion server used to be very good when people from staff cared about it. Now, there was no change more than a year already and people are slowly leaving. A lot of people who i know left when they changed starter gear. They just wanted to play with the best possible gear, but when they cant obtain it (they are not that good in arenas), it has no reason for them to play.

There is also a large group of players who are playing battlegrounds mostly. And the staff always forget about them. There is nothing for them to grind. Only Arena Cases, which drop you Arena Credits most of the time. The fun fact is that to obtain one Arena Case you need 25k of honors. It means 4-5x wins of battleground which takes 25x4(or 5) mins for one case. It is ridiculous how much of grind you need to get 1 Arena Credit.

I just wanted to say that there is so much space to do a lot of changes. The problem is that noone from staff cares about it.

Kind Regards

Skejpoo

6. The matters are braindead, tunnel vision and kill score (especially in bg). This is why you can't find mage, rogue, ect at hight lel on arena.

I'll explain what i call braindead for that i'll use an example.(I play firefrost mage) I was on bg, killing rdrood with warlock an opponent sub rogue appear. He focused me, I litteraly did nothing at him except hard kitting. He openned me and cheap shot (laught begin), i blinked, he used cloak, sprint, disapear, step, blind, ... on me but he didn't kill me. I was just wtf he is doing? (at the end I got 1k hp, i began the battle with 16k)
    I killed rdrood (with dot warlock) the rogue was kill by warlock. He focused him. I just said lol on /say, directly i was hard focus by this rogue and insult.

**If this rogue read this I laught because you totally don't know what you do, and use all your cd for nothing. (I don't laught about your own person)**

This example is typical braindead\ scoring people. If only you control one (warlock, a fmage can't kill a heal alone] or both (it's not like sub rogue can do it enought easily) and focus warlock who can't kite. You permit to your rdrood to survive and heal you. Futher the warlock die more quickly than a mage who know a bite what he do. (I'm not a skill player). ha yes and your cheap shot use it after the blink not before.

He don't know what he do but he kill people so he think it's fine for this type of people. I'm sorry but you are wrong, kill people it's ok but do it in the same time you help your team like help your heal to survive it's better. So finally you can find the same thing on arena, it's why war/heal is so cummon. Don't need to think just tunnel focus. That why in bg heal are so powerfull (futhermore there are so many heal here, i do bg with 8 or more heal on team, just pain)

So the first matter was acknowledge and toxity.
    Edited: August 8, 2017

7. Please return ICC HC gear for blackrock so people keep using it as dressing room/stats calculator

8. Hey!!

Former 2.8/2.5/2.6 oldschool player here.

I came back to the sv after a year break or so and I gotta agree with all your points posted above.
    The in-game experience has been pretty "stressful" overall and it's just sad seeing the sv in its current state.
    I'd love to see some attention being payed to the SV and some GM telling us if there's any plan of trying to make the sv as playable as possible or they're just gonna let it go. I understand they've got other servers that are functioning really well for them and they're really busy with the TBC realms, but I don't think it will take them that much to give us a hand in Blackrock.

In my opinion, gearing and soloQ are two things that should be a main target of changes:

I've been playing for a week now, and I gotta say that gearing is just too hard of a task. I started just having offset and my climb to 2.250 has been just aweful. Gear makes too much of a difference for anyone, despite your exp and your skill you'll find some arenas just literally impossible to win vs fully geared people.
    I keep playing because I love the game, but casuals might just quit instantly when facing highexped + fully geared ppl that just faceroll them.
    Daily-arena flushes won't hurt anyone but help ppl, from casuals to dedicated players to be in an equal situation with the rest.

Also, there needs to be GMs online from time to time, the amount of AFK/griefers on soloQ is just dumb and it seems a pointless bracket if this doesn't get fixed.
    Edited: August 13, 2017 Reason: Typing

9. Can we have some answers by member staff? maybe some info or something? why the **** gms or admin never answers to us in post like this

10. Thank you all for the replies.

I think that if we drop the suspicions about lack of transparency on Warmane's behalf, it would be pretty clear that the staff has channeled focus and energy on the new realms.

However, it is not hard to hire a team that would stay active on the Blackrock realm and would help the community and hear what they have to say. I suppose the Molten community received a lot more than Arena-Tournament's community did.

Please keep this thread up by posting replies and sharing more opinions. Hopefully we will finally receive a reply from a staff member.

11. We are aware of some of these issues. We'll address the most critical one in our opinion and that is staff monitoring for cheaters and such. We'll probably assign one person to monitor and handle all of the tickets on a daily basis so the wait time should be lowered to only a few hours.

As for the rest, they're not exactly issues, at least in my mind, but the way the game is at this very moment. We acknowledge them and we'll see what we can do, without any promises made.

12. I am happy that these issues have received recognition.

As for the secondary issues, I will drop a few suggestions here as to work around them.

- add an npc that registers you for lfg(2v2 and 3v3) and there it shows a player's rating and gear, and respectively their comp, gear and xp standards.

- increase AP flush frequency to 3 times a week; 50% faster gearing, more frequently stimulates players to do arenas and it is still hard to fully gear up.

- implement 3.3.5b or reduce the frequency of rng where a player loses due to bad luck. This is a PvP realm. PvP shouldn't be based on luck.

- fix diminishing returns(as stated in the initial post)

- add daily quest npcs for bgs that reward you with boxes containing random loot(arena point tokens, xmog cases, etc)

- separate 2v2's, 3v3's and SoloQ's loot. For example people will do 2v2 for one type of goods, 3v3 for another, etc.

- fix dampening(current dampening matches are extremely long - 20 minutes)

- nerf double M comps; so many people play enh/ret, enh/dk, arms/enh, bm/enh, bm/dk and effortlessly defeat some comps by carelessly spamming damage. These comps may be breaking some of the meta since they feed comps they can't ever defeat and 100-0 comps they counter. There is no balance among these comps.

13. I am happy that these issues have received recognition.

As for the secondary issues, I will drop a few suggestions here as to work around them.

- add an npc that registers you for lfg(2v2 and 3v3) and there it shows a player's rating and gear, and respectively their comp, gear and xp standards.

- increase AP flush frequency to 3 times a week; 50% faster gearing, more frequently stimulates players to do arenas and it is still hard to fully gear up.

- implement 3.3.5b or reduce the frequency of rng where a player loses due to bad luck. This is a PvP realm. PvP shouldn't be based on luck.

- fix diminishing returns(as stated in the initial post)

- add daily quest npcs for bgs that reward you with boxes containing random loot(arena point tokens, xmog cases, etc)

- separate 2v2's, 3v3's and SoloQ's loot. For example people will do 2v2 for one type of goods, 3v3 for another, etc.

- fix dampening(current dampening matches are extremely long - 20 minutes)

- nerf double M comps; so many people play enh/ret, enh/dk, arms/enh, bm/enh, bm/dk and effortlessly defeat some comps by carelessly spamming damage. These comps may be breaking some of the meta since they feed comps they can't ever defeat and 100-0 comps they counter. There is no balance among these comps.
    This man.
    Me and my friends would come back here if the server will get some implementations like that.
    We still have a hope guys, please :(

14. i came back to blackrock like one month ago and i have to say that i agree with you guys.. Wotlk should be most balanced expansion for pvp, but without 3.3.5b patch its not the case, i don't mind to get arena points twice a week and wait some time to get the gear, i can play in relentless, but 3.3.5b patch would make more combos and classes viable in high rating

15. fix dementia for make her up dmg and not reducing in 2s, and add this ****ing weapon npc that everyone ask to it since 2 years

123 ... Last