1. Is this a joke?

I was gone for vacation and now all my gold is gone. Like 8-9k as i remember correctly.
    And all i have left is a message from GM that i have purchased some bullcrap on a third party website, this is insane.
    If you could just checkout my gold -in and -out total i had probably about 60k out and 100k in only from auctions. Guess about 10k Auctions sold
    The 40k profit went all in gearing my Characters and trading my gold for coins to buy other Characters
    Why would i ruin all my time spent for this?
    Really a joke no words for this

2. My question would be.... if someone wants to get a player banned they could abuse this and pay a website to send them gold and get them banned for ever that way. Just my 2 cent to that... if you really hate someone a lot and want him gone, and if GM`s ban everyone who bought gold by those china sites then... well you get my point right?
    The Player can not proof they haven't ordered this gold.
    Edited: August 1, 2017

3. Well i didnt get a ban , just got cleaned out of all my gold on all Characters, i mean if it was 100 gold yeah sure whatever, but 8k freakin hurts

4. oh ok, i missed that part... well that sucks in both ways

5. My question would be.... if someone wants to get a player banned they could abuse this and pay a website to send them gold and get them banned for ever that way. Just my 2 cent to that... if you really hate someone a lot and want him gone, and if GM`s ban everyone who bought gold by those china sites then... well you get my point right?
    You bring up a good point and I would like to hear a staff response to this.
    If it happened to me I reckon I would not take the gold from the mailbox (but it is easy to miss when you use a open-all addon for the mailbox), attempt to locate the sender and/or contact a GM about it and ask (especially if it regarded large amounts of gold). But this all hangs you noticing it before GM does. Like you say it might be difficult to prove you did not order the gold when a GM sees it and you're not online.
    Edited: August 1, 2017

6. And here I am, struggling to make even 5k for my goddamn mount skill.... I'm glad you lost your gold. If you could make it once, you can make it again.

7. You bring up a good point and I would like to hear a staff response to this.
    If it happened to me I reckon I would not take the gold from the mailbox (but it is easy to miss when you use a open-all addon for the mailbox), attempt to locate the sender and/or contact a GM about it and ask (especially if it regarded large amounts of gold). But this all hangs you noticing it before GM does. Like you say it might be difficult to prove you did not order the gold when a GM sees it and you're not online.
    It is, right? I mean... if that is a way to get someone banned and you wished this player was gone + all his chars....
    A bit scary to me

8. My question would be.... if someone wants to get a player banned they could abuse this and pay a website to send them gold and get them banned for ever that way. Just my 2 cent to that... if you really hate someone a lot and want him gone, and if GM`s ban everyone who bought gold by those china sites then... well you get my point right?
    Except, if you suddenly receive an amount of gold you didn't request for items/services, you have the option to NOT accept the gold.

9. Except, if you suddenly receive an amount of gold you didn't request for items/services, you have the option to NOT accept the gold.
    I use an addon called "Postal"
    You open the mailbox and it opens all recieved mails, which is handy if you have a lot of auctions being done every day because you sell stuff that you made by professions.
    So it can easy happen that this mail also is being opened... so actually you are telling me you can be punished for accepting a mail with gold, right?
    I would understand if that gold gets force-removed from the char but if it makes you getting banned it is a complete different story.

10. I don't use Postal, but just a quick look at the addon reveals it has the option to open ONLY AH-related mails, and not mails from other player characters.

So yeah, your problem if you accepted mail with gold from a gold seller, for example. Either way, the OP stated that his gold was deleted, so he wasn't banned. I agree that deleting the gold seems to be an appropriate response to buying gold from those sellers.

11. In my case thats not the mail that i might have accepted or such thing because, yeah well... i wasnt even online... for over a week, and as i remember before the only AH unrelated mail i have got with gold in it, was from a guildie to pay back his loans but that was like 100g for 1 of his mooncloth equips and as i remember i havent even took the gold from it