1. Warlock kiting Hydross

So there have been plenty of videos of this being done on retail. If I try to kite Hydross here would that be considered an exploit? I want to try it, but not bad enough to risk a ban.

2. It was considered an exploit on retail and it was fixed relatively quick, I figure even it is doable here it's still an exploit

3. Errr, that's literally how guilds do it on Warmane currently. No, I'm not joking...

4. It was considered an exploit on retail and it was fixed relatively quick, I figure even it is doable here it's still an exploit
    When was it fixed on retail? On retail if you had enough movement speed stack you could outrun it, it just wasn't worth it when the boss was killable normally without even using resist gear, separate from that a Warlock solo'd it quite late on.

On Warmane Hydross has something in the region of 60% more health on boss and adds than retail had, it seems to be a custom "hardmode" version or something, it does crushing blows along with that according to the bug tracker, which is apparently intentional (as the first release of the boss on retail also did that, patch fix removed the crushes)..

Aka the boss smashes tanks to pieces and has a ludicrous dps requirement, the natural solution is to create a different strategy. That's the reason every single warmane kill on this boss has used the Warlock strategy. It's a strange situation since all the other bosses in SSC prior to Vashj are hilariously easy with next to zero dps requirement.

Edit : as for whether it's allowed, it went through a PTR phase and was released as is, I have no idea what the official stance on Warlock kiting to solo or raid kill the boss, it hasn't been mentioned. But currently with expected gear levels the boss is so overtuned it may not even be possible the normal way.
    Edited: August 3, 2017

5. All the more reason to want to do it while it's still difficult! However, I'd love to get input from a member of the Warmane staff. Players do shady **** to kill bosses all the time, but that doesn't mean that Warmane wouldn't consider it an exploit. In principle I think I know how it is done, seeing videos of it on retail, and would love to record one of my own. Problem is that unless such a strategy is condoned that video would likely lead to my ban.

6. Our guild killed him for the 2nd time earlier, no change from last week in terms of mob health (still far far higher than pre-nerf numbers, there are a number of bug-tracker threads covering it). I assume they fixed it so he can no longer do crushing blows?