1. The best way to level is 5/5 Wand Spec first, get lesser magic wand and greater magic wand from enchanter / AH at level 5 and 13 and use that until 19 when you should have someone run you through BFD for Gravestone Scepter (seriously OP). Second talent you should get is Spirit Tap and use your wand until 40. Its by far the best DPS with no mana cost. Don't get mind flay until 40 because its terrible until then. At 40 respec shadow and start using your spells. I promise this is the fastest and easiest way to level. You can test other methods if you want or trust me, up to you.
    How about using this spec until 40? http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...00000000000000
    Is a smite/holy fire build more efficient than shadow on low level?
    If it is the case, at what level is it worth to respec to shadow? Once u get Outland gear or already before that?

P.S. I agree that speccing deep into disc is complete nonsense.

2. How about using this spec until 40? http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...00000000000000
    Is a smite/holy fire build more efficient than shadow on low level?
    If it is the case, at what level is it worth to respec to shadow? Once u get Outland gear or already before that?

P.S. I agree that speccing deep into disc is complete nonsense.
    Old thread but maybe this will continue to benefit people.

That build looks good, even better than shadow until 40. There are some good talents in shadow like Shadow Focus or Shadow Weaving but things die so fast that you're not going to get 5 stacks anyway and the damage isn't that noticeable. Also the most efficient rotation I found before 40 was shield, Holy Fire, SWP, then wand. Mind blast is the most inefficient DPS spell we have and even with 5/5 shadow power its just not worth it (except for PVP).

And after 40 I highly suggest respeccing shadow (for free on the website) because you can really notice the damage difference while still killing things efficiently with shield, SWP, then mind flay spam.

Also use this macro:

#showtooltip Mind Flay
    /cast [nochanneling:Mind Flay] Mind Flay

First 12