1. Honestly, I like the fact that it's diversified to a point where you can have both pve and pvp items, it makes you more versatile in how you're building your character, how that is seen as a negative is beyond me. This would natually bring players to engage in both pve and pvp content, which might not appeal to many, but It is what it is.

Afaik Lolmourne has roughly the same base damage as an Oathbinder HC or a Cryptmaker HC or even a Glorenzelg HC, now it's much more powerful than those cause of the effects it gives, but you still need skill to rock it.
    And what amount of skill would that be?

With Smourne u don't have higher stats and also not more gem slots than with oathbinder. The only improvement with the legendary is the proc which is equal to a BoM buff.
    In PvE, when looking on recount, ull notice a difference in DPS between smourne and oathbinder. In PvP though, when a BiS geared warrior attacks u, the difference between Smourne and Oathbinder HC is hardly noticeable.
    Very true. That is if you dont know the difference between dps and burst.
    Edited: September 23, 2017

2. i did play MOP on both retail and molten.there is no gear scaling in Wpvp thats only in arena/bg and wargames.pve gear is just way way better simple because its 38 ilv above PVP one.top of that PVE trinkets from SOO and legendary cloak also work in WPVP.this is why no one duel in MOP people only warmane.timeless Isle was always been ****show for example where PVE geared warlock have 800+k hp and crit you for 500k chaos bolt.
    I think its better for PvE gear to be better in only world pvp, compared to it being better everywhere, no? If you want to duel with just PvP gear, you can always just ask the person to take off the PvE items, or do it in a war game.

Very true. That is if you dont know the difference between dps and burst.
    Couldn't agree more mate. What these guys don't realize is that the damage from the weapon proc is absolutely broken, as connecting any ability with the proc damage and an auto attack can quickly set a person into execute range...

3. Couldn't agree more mate. What these guys don't realize is that the damage from the weapon proc is absolutely broken, as connecting any ability with the proc damage and an auto attack can quickly set a person into execute range...
    Dude, we are talking here about like 1400 extra dmg that gets split between all opponents in 15 yards.
    Thats like nothing.

Btw, in the top 10 on Icecrowns 2s ladder are currently 2 players with Smourne.
    In comparison, on Blackrock are currently 4 melee in the top 10 and Smourne doesn't even exist there.

If Smourne was as OP as u make it look like then the top 10 of Icecrown would consist of 10 melee teams with Smourne.

Whats does this tell us? Smourne isn't more OP than high end caster items from RS/ICC 25 hc.
    Edited: September 23, 2017

4. Dude, we are talking here about like 1400 extra dmg that gets split between all opponents in 15 yards.
    Thats like nothing.

In comparison, on Blackrock are currently 4 melee in the top 10 and Smourne doesn't even exist there.

If Smourne was as OP as u make it look like then the top 10 of Icecrown would consist of 10 melee teams with Smourne.

Whats does this tell us? Smourne isn't more OP than high end caster items from RS/ICC 25 hc.
    Top 10 ladder doesnt mean anything at 2200 rating.

Warrior on blackrock has much smoother gameplay. I cant play warrior on Icecrown for more than 10 arenas. It is extremely annoying when I cant hit enemies 2 yards away from me. Same with reflects and kicks and charges.

You dont really understand how much does the damage add up. If you keep pressure on holy paladin by not letting him go above 70% and deal 1000 dps without shadowmourne. In 1 minute fight everytime he gets to 6k hp he would be dead if you had shadowmourne with 1100 dps.

5. Dude, we are talking here about like 1400 extra dmg that gets split between all opponents in 15 yards.
    Thats like nothing.

its middle of the season lets see how ladder will look at the end of the season.because every time its all the same sw war+pal dominate and there is few hunter/disc comps.happen last season and will happen again.

blackrock have 4 mdps in to 10 but there is 12 in to 20.almost all other comps are hunter+healer.there is literally nothing else above 2k.tnx god they dont have SW on blackrock or mdps will be even more dominate.

6. Currently Ranks 1,3,5,6,8,11,13,16,17 and 20 all have at least one person with Shadowmourne. That's exactly half the top 20.

Irregardless, we aren't talking about Smourne in arena, we are talking about Smourne in general. In arenas, your comp plays a far bigger role than your gear. Go to a dummy and hit it with Glorenzelg. Do the same with Shadowmourne, and let us know which one did more damage on recount. I think we both know the answer to that.

On some level, I agree. I think both WotLK and Cata would be more enjoyable if there was no PvE gear in PvP. Sadly that can't be done on Icecrown so it kind of makes no difference what we think about that :P

I also wish WotLK had Rated BGs (a custom feature, yes) as that would make Icecrown a lot better, but that too will probably never happen. As such, I spend most of my time on Frostwolf now since it offers both these things to me.

Just my opinion on what the best expansion Warmane has for PvP.

Edit: For those that want to watch what Warmane MoP looks like, I can recommend this streamer: https://www.twitch.tv/wotlkwarlock/videos/all

As far as I can tell, he only streams on Frostwolf so you can get a good idea of what PvP looks like. He's a fairly good player and very active. Should be a good showcase of what BGs on Frostwolf look like. Sadly he doesn't have many arena vids, and I don't think we have any arena streamers currently.
    Irregardless isn't a word.

7. Irregardless isn't a word.
    I guess you have taken your time to read all the posts only to find a grammar mistake and point it out almost two months later.

Edit: and it wasn't even a mistake, this is amazing!

8. With Smourne u don't have higher stats and also not more gem slots than with oathbinder. The only improvement with the legendary is the proc which is equal to a BoM buff.
    In PvE, when looking on recount, ull notice a difference in DPS between smourne and oathbinder. In PvP though, when a BiS geared warrior attacks u, the difference between Smourne and Oathbinder HC is hardly noticeable.
    Actualy you're wrong, Shadowmournes biggest buff is the fact that its slower than any other 284 ilv weapon such as Oathbinder you mentioned, both weapons have the same dps BUT shadowmourne being the slower is given more damage than oathbinder to match that dps. And everyone knows damage is the most important stat on a weapon at least for classes such as warriors whos attacks are heavily scaled with weapon damage. Theres a reason shadowmourne costs 150$ and Oathbinder 23$ and theres a reason 90% of donor warriors on server are chosing to buy shadowmourne rather than 6-7 other bis items.
    Edited: November 30, 2017

9. To me, the best expansion for PVP is 4.0.6, it got the best of both old and new.

10. To me, the best expansion for PVP is 4.0.6, it got the best of both old and new.
    In 4.0.6 feral druid is one of the highest damage dealing specs in the game and when feral goes bear it literaly cant ****ing die. I remember playing in 4.0.6 60% of pvp population played feral, i don't think thats really good for pvp.

11. In 4.0.6 feral druid is one of the highest damage dealing specs in the game and when feral goes bear it literaly cant ****ing die. I remember playing in 4.0.6 60% of pvp population played feral, i don't think thats really good for pvp.
    there was never been moment when 60% of pvp population is ferals.thats some random number you just come up with.Cataclysm was first time feral was playable in PVP and was able to do well but thats it was not in any way stronger then other classes.4.0.6 was good because there was not class that feel stronger then others ,the game felt really balanced and you was able to do well with literally any class.later on in cata this balance was ruined.holy paladin is good example, in vic season was just as good as any other healer,later on however disc/rshaman completely dominate healer scene.
    Edited: December 1, 2017

12. there was never been moment when 60% of pvp population is ferals.thats some random number you just come up with.Cataclysm was first time feral was playable in PVP and was able to do well but thats it was not in any way stronger then other classes.

Lmao? Cataclysm first first time feral were good in pvp? Dude you are so damn funny xD
    In wotlk feral/disco feral/rshaman god-like comps in 2s bracket feral is super good for 1v1 and is most versatile and well balanced class.
    So no.
    Edited: December 1, 2017

13. Lmao? Cataclysm first first time feral were good in pvp? Dude you are so damn funny xD
    In wotlk feral/disco feral/rshaman god-like comps in 2s bracket feral is super good for 1v1 and is most versatile and well balanced class.
    So no.
    Yeah, ferals are good in wotlk but their bleed damage has been increased a lot during the cataclysm expansion. In the first patches they also had high survivability, being almost able to 1vs2 you. There was a mm hunt/arms war video (I can't remember the name actually) where a feral, after his healer has been killed, has been able to stay alive for something like 10 minutes. He killed the warrior but in the end the hunter has been able to beat him. The match wasn't played at low mmr, trust me.

14. Yeah, ferals are good in wotlk but their bleed damage has been increased a lot during the cataclysm expansion. In the first patches they also had high survivability, being almost able to 1vs2 you. There was a mm hunt/arms war video (I can't remember the name actually) where a feral, after his healer has been killed, has been able to stay alive for something like 10 minutes. He killed the warrior but in the end the hunter has been able to beat him. The match wasn't played at low mmr, trust me.
    10 mins? Vs two dpser? This would never happen in wotlk not even if you go full blood dk and resil stack, well idk in cataclysm
    But feral is well balanced here in wotlk even in 1v2 fights you can do well for example root/clone dps the other and hug pillars or los its very very good... idk if a noob or a troll must say that feral is not good in wotlk pvp
    Because feral is very good in wotlk pvp

First 12345 ... Last