1. Agree with most of the opinions and I also have my own.

To me, expansion wise best PVP and PVE Patch was TBC 2.4.3. Things were simple, fun and made sense.

WOTLK, Better PVE but PVP didn't make much sense. I remember on retail a well known Paladin quits playing after proving that he could beat others "Without wearing any gear" (yes Naked).

Cataclysm, MOP I haven't played.

2. @Thread, I'm going to answer: Obviously WotLK is the best option for PvP on Warmane, because a larger community means that competitive PvP can happen - which means no Cata or MoP. TBC has significantly less spec and class diversity in comparison to WotLK as well. So, there you have it.
    Wotlk has the largest community but not the most active pvp. U are pretty much limited to 2s on Wotlk while in TBC the 3s and 5s ladder are also active.

A nother problem in Wotlk is the highend PvE gear which is for some classes more beneficial than for others. A warrior for example is able to use half PvE gear and still has a somewhat good survivability, while a Enhance shami is forced to use full PvP gear because he needs the resilience to survive.
    So the warrior greatly benefits from the availability of ICC/RS HC items while the Enhance shami disappears from the Arena ladder.

Im curious how balanced PvP on TBC gonna be when the highend PvE gear becomes available. Might be the same like on Wotlk that PvP is more balanced when there is a item level restriction like on Blackrock.

3. I have to ask. Did you play a Rogue for Cata PvP?

Agreed.
    The only people who can honestly say MoP PvP was balanced are those who have only played the expansion on a private server running one of the later patches. Anyone who played retail knows very well the absurdity of Destro Lock, BM Hunter, Frost Mage, Arms Warrior, etc. and the ridiculousness of the gameplay changes that were made to PvP throughout the expansion.

Please tell me this is bait. Claiming that MoP is in any way more difficult PvP gameplay over other expansions, or that Shadowmourne equates to easy arena wins is ridiculous at best. Maybe if you're bad at the game. WoW has never been particularly difficult to play. In fact, that's the main thing that made it stand out in front of any of the older MMOs, that it was significantly easier to get into.

@Thread, I'm going to answer: Obviously WotLK is the best option for PvP on Warmane, because a larger community means that competitive PvP can happen - which means no Cata or MoP. TBC has significantly less spec and class diversity in comparison to WotLK as well. So, there you have it.

You obviously don't even know what the heck you're talking about, besides that everything you said doesn't even make sense. By your judgement and story it's obvious that you've played WoW only on Private Servers, Especially only WotLK. Poor you, never even touched retail back in the days. And when did i EVER say that Shadowmourne equates an easy arena win? I meant something else but nvm, seems like i don't even have to prove the lolmourne fact, you already did it, even you know the truth and you just imperceptibly confessed it.(Although that's not totally true but whatever) I literally laughed when i read your last comment. To judge an Expansion by its Community? Hilariously RIDICULOUSNESS* at its perfect form. MoP and Cata are completely fukking bugged on Warmane, and MoP still manages to have 2-3k+ players on every day. Got no further comments to this joker xD. Damn at least you made me laugh man

4. You obviously don't even know what the heck you're talking about, besides that everything you said doesn't even make sense. By your judgement and story it's obvious that you've played WoW only on Private Servers, Especially only WotLK. Poor you, never even touched retail back in the days. And when did i EVER say that Shadowmourne equates an easy arena win? I meant something else but nvm, seems like i don't even have to prove the lolmourne fact, you already did it, even you know the truth and you just imperceptibly confessed it.(Although that's not totally true but whatever) I literally laughed when i read your last comment. To judge an Expansion by its Community? Hilariously RIDICULOUSNESS* at its perfect form. MoP and Cata are completely fukking bugged on Warmane, and MoP still manages to have 2-3k+ players on every day. Got no further comments to this joker xD. Damn at least you made me laugh man
    Thanks for making everybody else laugh man!

5. Wotlk has the largest community but not the most active pvp. U are pretty much limited to 2s on Wotlk while in TBC the 3s and 5s ladder are also active.

A nother problem in Wotlk is the highend PvE gear which is for some classes more beneficial than for others. A warrior for example is able to use half PvE gear and still has a somewhat good survivability, while a Enhance shami is forced to use full PvP gear because he needs the resilience to survive.
    So the warrior greatly benefits from the availability of ICC/RS HC items while the Enhance shami disappears from the Arena ladder.

Im curious how balanced PvP on TBC gonna be when the highend PvE gear becomes available. Might be the same like on Wotlk that PvP is more balanced when there is a item level restriction like on Blackrock.
    I didn't disqualify TBC because of population.
    WotLK and TBC have similar issues when it comes to the concern of PvE gear and bursting happening. In fact, it's even worse on TBC. PvE gear isn't even required to promptly one-shot someone, which is not something you can do on WotLK (and I mean a literal one-shot, not just a "they're dead in 2 seconds").

You obviously don't even know what the heck you're talking about, besides that everything you said doesn't even make sense. By your judgement and story it's obvious that you've played WoW only on Private Servers, Especially only WotLK. Poor you, never even touched retail back in the days. And when did i EVER say that Shadowmourne equates an easy arena win? I meant something else but nvm, seems like i don't even have to prove the lolmourne fact, you already did it, even you know the truth and you just imperceptibly confessed it.(Although that's not totally true but whatever) I literally laughed when i read your last comment. To judge an Expansion by its Community? Hilariously RIDICULOUSNESS* at its perfect form. MoP and Cata are completely fukking bugged on Warmane, and MoP still manages to have 2-3k+ players on every day. Got no further comments to this joker xD. Damn at least you made me laugh man
    2/10. Low effort. You didn't even make me snicker.

6. When looking at it from a viewpoint of balance, or being on the receiving end of said one-shot, quite a lot actually.

7. If you want to experience PvP faster go wotlk cos TBC honor grind is long

8. the 5 stack taste of blood, the 5.2 arcane mage,the random 1 shots procks from ele shaman they use to do for no reason,the 50k bleed tick from warrior on 450k hp players,the x2 aimedshot opening from x2hunter comps that instant kill,the burst of speed pre 5.2 that remove not only snares but also roots,the bull**** chaos bolt crits ,the dampining comps like boomy/ele/healer who sit on the box for 20 mins not even fighting waiting for the debuff to stack,the fact 50% of gladiators in MOP got their title because of random stupid bug on some class and they nonstop queue before the bug get fixed to push high rating then never queue single game till the end of the season,the fact in MOP people ask for "pre MOP" title/rating echievs when they look for parthner or simple pvp guild recruitment.....all this **** we had to deal with for 2 years was balanced and exciting in your book?sound to me like you haven`t seen much of MOP aside of s15.

at least i can say exactly what and why i dont like about MOP.how about you try explain what you like with something else then generic bull**** like " its so awesome and skill/brain based omfg".give us some detailed example of what make MOP pvp great in your eyes.and pls give me example why was MOP "balanced in every corner and was fun and exciting during the whole epxansion" ?
    because the way i remember it everyone hate it and half the population left the game.

i played holy paladin and mage in PVP mostly.but i remember rogues becoming gods when 4.3 hit molten servers Vial of Shadows had no gcd so they was doing absurd dmg in opening.4.3 seems like fun patch if you rogue :D
    S14 & S15 were the most balanced seasons I've experienced on retail (played there starting on 4.0.6 to 5.4.8) and compared to 3.3.5a p-servers.
    You can't just look at the first two seasons and cry out loud that the whole expansion was ****. If you take a look at wotlk, it's worse. DK's ****ting on everything for 2 seasons and arcane mages being op as **** at first ruin the first 2 seasons and Skillmourne, RS & ICC trinkets in addition to 284 gear ruin Wrathful.

Furthermore, getting 5 stacks of Taste for Blood in a reasonable amount of time was as likely as winning one of those medium prizes @ the lottery... Arcane mages had their moments, but who cares when they weren't even viable outside of those. According to your statement, you assume Aimed Shot did 50% of someones health, which is absolutely ridiculous. As far as I remember it did less damage than Kill Command during cooldowns for the first half of MoP and even that was below 50% of someones health. I assume, you confused Aimed Shot with Powershot, which also wasn't that op.

In addition to that, Burst of Speed had a higher energy cost than it does in 5.4. In fact, it was so high that BoSs use was limited to counter non frost mage freezes and maybe to a few other circumstances. Those dampening comps in the end of MoP indeed were annoying, but I prefer getting tanked for 40 minutes straight to getting lolmourned by a tsg in 2 minutes.

To add to the 'skill discussion':
    MoP was fun and exciting, because Blizz removed most of the things that made wow pvp annoying. Feral instant clones, gone. Warrior's Unrelenting Assault, gone. Shield Bash delays, gone. Pala's Sacred Cleansing, gone. Having to spam dispells in order to get that one buff off, gone.

MoP surely made some things 'easier', but that created more room for other things. You should stop thinking about balance when you look at one spec alone. Whenever playing class X gets easier, fighting it with class Y gets harder.

9. Best expansion is the one you enjoyed the most. Its very subjective. I enjoyed the most 1,2 sesons of Cata the most (due to being complete noob maybe in PVP in WOTLK and coming back to game late in expansion), and last season of Mop due to how classes were balanced. But talking about whole expansion most interesting one for me is WOTLK. The most boring was WOD. Legion PVP is so small that i quit retail for good some time ago.

Hence really enjoying first steps (leveling) on this server. Always wanted to have shadowmourne on DK. Back in the days the best wep i got was Heroic Brin.

10. S14 & S15 were the most balanced seasons I've experienced on retail (played there starting on 4.0.6 to 5.4.8) and compared to 3.3.5a p-servers.
    Comparing private servers to retail... Why would you do that? Wotlk with PVP gear and maybe 1 or 2 PVE parts was fine. And it was like that on retail.
    RMD everywhere... You call that balance?

You can't just look at the first two seasons and cry out loud that the whole expansion was ****. If you take a look at wotlk, it's worse. DK's ****ting on everything for 2 seasons and arcane mages being op as **** at first ruin the first 2 seasons and Skillmourne, RS & ICC trinkets in addition to 284 gear ruin Wrathful.
    How many people on retail had SM? Maybe 10 per battle group? RS trinkets were barely used because RS was released at the end of WF season.

To add to the 'skill discussion':
    MoP was fun and exciting, because Blizz removed most of the things that made wow pvp annoying. Feral instant clones, gone. Warrior's Unrelenting Assault, gone. Shield Bash delays, gone. Pala's Sacred Cleansing, gone. Having to spam dispells in order to get that one buff off, gone.
    MoP was good because there were no PVE trinkets and they removed some *****ic randomness. The rest of MoP was meh or ****e... Since Cata everything became just a trade of Deff and Off CD's. Every healer had magic dispels, they took defensive dispels from dps versions of hybrid classes... It became a snorefest.

11. Comparing private servers to retail... Why would you do that? Wotlk with PVP gear and maybe 1 or 2 PVE parts was fine. And it was like that on retail.[...]
    I don't see the problem. What did I wear on my toon in retail mop during S14 and S15? Full PvP gear. What do I wear here? Full PvP gear. Is it going to change? Unless some weird bug appears, no.
    What did people wear on retail wotlk?
    [...]How many people on retail had SM? Maybe 10 per battle group? RS trinkets were barely used because RS was released at the end of WF season. [...]
    Does it matter when many people here run around with 6.4k gs in bgs? Nope.
    [...]RMD everywhere... You call that balance?[...]
    Not sure if you're talking about MoP, because 3s comps were quite diverse. I know god comp was dominating during early seasons while LSD had an edge at the later ones, but that could be fixed with a slight nerf to multidotting...
    [...]MoP was good because there were no PVE trinkets and they removed some *****ic randomness. The rest of MoP was meh or ****e... Since Cata everything became just a trade of Deff and Off CD's. Every healer had magic dispels, they took defensive dispels from dps versions of hybrid classes... It became a snorefest. [...]
    If it was a trade of cds, matches would be more one sided. If you think that, you should try out playing it maybe? Adding magic dispells to every healer and nerfing MS effects was done to remove the need to team up with certain classes. If you take a closer look at 335a 3s comps, you'll notice that (almost surely) every viable comp uses a class with a magic dispell and most likely a MS effect. (Counter-)Examples like LSD can go without a MS effect due to their raw damage.
    This change increased comp variety.
    Also, I don't find 'defensive dispelling' of dps hybrids to be an interesting mechanic. I don't know how Icecrown PvP is, but I bet that there's a point, where every team you face does it and I honestly don't think that you can feel skilled when you've added it to your muscle memory routine.

Have fun auto attacking your target for 2 secs inbetween your melee attacks and auto dispelling your partners whenever one of your addons lights up. Must be quite entertaining.

12. A nother problem in Wotlk is the highend PvE gear which is for some classes more beneficial than for others. A warrior for example is able to use half PvE gear and still has a somewhat good survivability, while a Enhance shami is forced to use full PvP gear because he needs the resilience to survive.
    You can look at this from two side, Ehn does not benefits that greatly from PvE Items like Arms do. But on the other hand, Arms have to obtain end game pve gear. For some PvP players it is a pain to be foreced to spend a lot of time doing pve, just to obtain bis pvp gear.

In TBC it was even worse, best pvp items for many classes were mostly pve gear. rogues in bis pve gear could eat everyone in a few seconds of autoattack stunlock.

Best PvP expansion for me keeps vanilla. Yes it was unballanced as hell end there were no real pvp gear or arena or a proper pvp point system. But pvp in vanilla was like a WAR, and not something ripped out of the world to only happen in arena or BGs. The pure feeling was never reached again. Nowadays alliance goes to orgrimmar, feeling proud of themselfs by killing pvp flagged afk, but 99% or horde players just ignore them. No need to defend or get bothered anyway. In the good old times, even without honour points or archivments there was already a big defence group if a city raid was happening.

13. I didn't disqualify TBC because of population.
    WotLK and TBC have similar issues when it comes to the concern of PvE gear and bursting happening. In fact, it's even worse on TBC. PvE gear isn't even required to promptly one-shot someone, which is not something you can do on WotLK (and I mean a literal one-shot, not just a "they're dead in 2 seconds").

2/10. Low effort. You didn't even make me snicker.
    are you "and everyone" talking about the entire x-pac or 1 patch/season? wrath was the worst ever S5 was the most unblacned in wow's history so much so they stopped giving rewards for 2's.... DK's were the single most OP'ed class/spec i have ever seen pally's .... one man armies... warriors were dead arms was one of the weakest specs in game and every warrior went fury. later on in wrath balance was better but class's like dk's were still wrecking everyone/everything.

mop?cata? lol cc fest classes got watered down everything was normalized health Armour and many many other problems.
    best pvp in wow history was and is TBC, simple design made it so good and all classes have at least 1 spec they can pvp with,some have two. less classes/spec in game means better balance = easier to balance skills/talents. its notlike dk's and demon hunters made pvp more balanced....
    tbc was not perfect but its better then anything else wow gave us

14. are you "and everyone" talking about the entire x-pac or 1 patch/season? wrath was the worst ever S5 was the most unblacned in wow's history so much so they stopped giving rewards for 2's.... DK's were the single most OP'ed class/spec i have ever seen pally's .... one man armies... warriors were dead arms was one of the weakest specs in game and every warrior went fury. later on in wrath balance was better but class's like dk's were still wrecking everyone/everything.
    there was never suppose to be rewards for 2s its stupid bracket with little to no skill required and,this apply for TBC as well,most of the time its about counter comps.new classes are suppose to be OP at first thats what make people reroll from their mains to the new class.this is not just in WOW Its in every MMORPG out there.and almost always they nerf them later on.
    as for warriors yes early on they are trash same as in TBC they need gear to get strong,but they scale the most with gear its exactly the same in WOTLK and TBC and in CATA as well.MOP was the first expansion the warrior was good at the start mainly because of the ******ed taste of blood.

best pvp in wow history was and is TBC, simple design made it so good and all classes have at least 1 spec they can pvp with,some have two.
    dfak are you talking about ofc every class have at least 1 pvp spec,its like that in every single expansion in WOW.actually your specs are way more limited in TBC then any other expansion so thats a minus not a plus.

less classes/spec in game means better balance = easier to balance skills/talents. its notlike dk's and demon hunters made pvp more balanced....
    having new class have nothing to do with how the PVP works in expansions.you can remove the new classes from the game,on any expansion, and there will be no impact on the PVP at all.its not like they design the PVP in WOTLK specifically around DKs.having less classes/specs mean the game have less variety and PVP gets boring faster.its not like you have the time of my life queueing vs rogue/priest or war/druid in 9 of 10 games in TBC

tbc was not perfect but its better then anything else wow gave us
    you can use this words for every expansion.TBC is fun to play and good expansion i love it as well but is far from balance and some classes dominate in PVP. Warglaive rogues in TBC are just as strong as shadowmoure warriors in WOTLK.
    Edited: January 21, 2018

First ... 4567 Last