1. Alliance races

Hello my fellow paladin enthusiasts,

I have recently started here on Warmane on the Medich server. I made a draenei paladin mainly because i wanted to see the storyline on their little islands. But I am wondering if my race choice will greatly influence my effectiveness in the end game. I am going main spec Retribution but will probably, hopefully, also build some nice offspec sets. I do plan on being mostly casual tho!

Thanks in advance

2. First off, you picked the wrong faction. Seal of Blood will become better and better in terms of DPS as you keep upgrading your gear, therefore Blood Elves will have superior DPS over Seal of Command alliance paladins. With alliance races, there are two useful racials, Humans get 5 expertise (lower chance your attacks get dodged), while Draenei get 1% hit (lowers your hitcap from 95 to 80 hit rating). Dwarves have nothing useful for DPS.

With that said, hit rating is easy to get, while expertise is very limited, therefore I would recommend Human. Also because you want to play casual and their Diplomacy bonus really makes getting reputations easier.

And finally, let me say that ret paladin is one of the most gear-dependant classes, I'd say it's not really for casual players, holy is far more casual.

3. I made an alliance paladin
    I am going main spec Retribution
    Well, you ****ed up right from the character creation screen.